Black Relationships : What's good about marriage for men?

I think these things are benficial for me and my current situation:

1. I would love to wake up next to my model every morning

2. She is really fun to be around and has a great mind

3. she knows how to make money, and has her own money

4. She provides spiritually. mentally, and emotionally for me

5. She just cool as hell ya dig

6. She is an awesome Tax Break too :)

7. I get a chance to spoil the hell out of a woman that I Love. Cooking, Shopping, Listening and etc.

That is about it for me.

My take is that marriage is a individual choice, and each person will get something different out of it. I have nothing against single people staying single. In fact I encourage this for people who are unsure about getting married. Indeed, marriage is not for everyone. For those who believe in marriage and who are lucky/blessed (intelligient) in their choice of a wife/husband...marriage is a wonderful experience. The advantage men get from marriage would depend on what that particular man was looking for, and who he married!

the marriage choices men make are hopefully more involved then a first date..

kente
points 1,2,3,5,6,7 are things that i hope oneday that i will gain from da divine union...i'm not complex person...ima simple man with simple pleasures ;)

in point 4 i am bringing up the coorporate america enviroment...you are more likely to get a promotion at the gig if you are married since it displays a certain level of maturity...

i could go on but this six pack of heineken has my name written all over it... :D

people...it's da new year...watch da buck buck blast from any given dumb @ss...word

one love
khasm

kente417mojo said:
Calm down???? I'm not mad. Just tried to answer everything before I went to lunch. I didn't get burned. Please don't mistake my point of view for bitterness or anger toward women...because it's not that. My ex was one of the best women that I've ever met and she is still a wonderful person. I love women, I just hate what they've become.

I've was never really sure if I wanted to get married. I was more or less trying to do it before I was completely ready because my ex was pregnant, but I did love her a lot. It wasn't that I was forced. I was a little pressured because I really was trying to do what I THOUGHT was the right thing.

After marriage though, I started to see why I didn't want it anymore. Why it was all about the woman...not eachother. Then I think about what soooo many married men have told me. There's always an acception to the rule, but I don't think marriage is a good idea for men unless you are definately marrying someone that has your well-being and happiness in mind. How many of us men are ever certain about that? It's ok for women, because they can recover a lot easier if they marry the wrong man. Men, many have to start over if they make the same mistake. It's just not worth it.

Maybe it's just the passion behind your convictions...I know that you are not Mad or Bitter towards Women in general. If your ex was so wonderful- why is it you got a Divorce instead of staying with her- I'm just curious, I'm not trying to put you on the spot?

You DID do the right thing, perhaps at the wrong time.How old were you when you got Married?.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back