Black People : What do we Ultimately and Collectively Want?

I haven't read every response since there are so many. One thing I've noticed is that so many of us feel that we are "victims". In my opinion, that is a form of paranoia. Many times we are treated the same or even better than whites, yet we don't acknowledge it or even recognize it. That is not to say that there is no racism, because there is. But it goes both ways. Many whites feel that black people are more racist than they are.

If thiese questions were asked of whites, many would give simular answers. Some of them also want ot escape. Many of them feel that we have advantages they don't have. They say we have craddle to grave welfare. I wouldn't change anything about what I have or where I am now in life. I certainly wouldn't want to be a white person, because I would have to make some adjustments that I am not ready to do. I don't consider it an advantage to be white either, because I deal with them all the time on the job, and in the suburbs where I live. It's not all that great, and when they are down and out, it really shows on them. Be black and proud.

I agree totally

Blackbird said:
In addition, the difference between an effective union versus an ineffective union is a strong sense of identity among its member and a general consensus in the group of the aims, objectives and goals of the group. An operable and functional organization must have a mission statement, a vision and purpose. The Japanese, at some point, embodied these structure.

Blackbird

Elijah Muhammad used to use the Japanese as an example.

I dont think I have ever met a Japanese person who viewed themselves as "victimized" by "white supremacy".

And I used to work for an engineering firm and the owner was Japanese.

His name was T. George Hayakawa.

And he passed some things to my dad, who passed the same to me. And my dad NEVER saw himself as "inferior" to any of the white senior engineers or partners in the firm. In fact, Mr. Hayakawa actually recognized my dad's superior abilities. And rewarded him accordingly.

Now the Japanese also has a different Mindset. They do nothing to dishonor themselves, as they view it a dishonor to their ancestors. Thats why many believe in Feng shui. But they also have held onto the Spirit of the Ninja and the Samurai. So they are MASTERS at using unorthodox "arts of war". They also have a Homeland they identify with FIRST.

So, they do have a "STRONG sense of identity".

This is what too many of us are lacking.

And we will continue to lack this so long as we identify as "American".

Peace.

please brother

mrron said:
I haven't read every response since there are so many. One thing I've noticed is that so many of us feel that we are "victims". In my opinion, that is a form of paranoia. Many times we are treated the same or even better than whites, yet we don't acknowledge it or even recognize it. That is not to say that there is no racism, because there is. But it goes both ways. Many whites feel that black people are more racist than they are.

If thiese questions were asked of whites, many would give simular answers. Some of them also want ot escape. Many of them feel that we have advantages they don't have. They say we have craddle to grave welfare. I wouldn't change anything about what I have or where I am now in life. I certainly wouldn't want to be a white person, because I would have to make some adjustments that I am not ready to do. I don't consider it an advantage to be white either, because I deal with them all the time on the job, and in the suburbs where I live. It's not all that great, and when they are down and out, it really shows on them. Be black and proud.

mrron do us a favor sit this one out

mrron said:

"White" people are "trained" not to think of themselves as a group. You won't find "Whites" talking like this at all.

"Whites" on an unconscious level, work towards the their goal. Domination. It is something I learned while reading Dr. Marimba Ani. The culture is setup for them to live with contradictions. They deny that they are cultural beings and members of the same group. Most, if you asked a similar question, would be insulted that you referred to them as a group. Yet, they write government policy, corporate policy, and every other policy to ensure their domination over others.

I hope everyone sees where I am going. We want "Whiteness" in the sense, that most of us want to integrate and not have to worry about the condition of our overall group. In this thread, I see the same paralyzation. If we truly want to help Africans all over the globe, we have fundamentally change the way we have operated until now.

And we keep running to the same wall.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back