Black People : What do we Ultimately and Collectively Want?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by excel10k, Jan 25, 2008.

1. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    The possibility of us getting reparations are questionable at best. They are definately not on the horizon. The challenge of reparations would be to convince them that they should pay us....(It is not likely that we can take it from them by force)

So, if reparations don't happen...that is in the form of cash and land...what do we ultimately want?

2. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Tough question

Basically as individuals, most folks like peace, comfort and nice things, collecively.......?

3. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks Natinr,

Hopefully there will be more input on this. I think a significant part of healing is being able to move past hatred and animosity. I have seen white people and black people self-destruct on hatred and animosity. Whites who hate blacks as well as blacks who hate whites both feel totally justified in their position....but in most cases, it seems the ulcer of hatred and animosity seems to wear on the hater and the one who chambers his animosity.

I mention this because of what you mentioned.....peace, comfort.....I don't think a person who harbors hatred can ever be at peace. They have a constant fire raging within them. That stuff is bad for the health.

So with reparations nowhere in sight, and a raging fire with in us, what is it that we ultimately and collectively want ...before we are willing to allow oursleves to totally heal.

4. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Was Kunta Angry...was Patrice Lumumba angry...Was Steven Biko...ETC ad nauseum
    I want us as individuals, and as a collective, to consider (with the utmost importance) your question *from* a mutually agreed upon and agressively disseminated AFRICAN WORLDVIEW(ie, Frame of Reference or Inductive premise). (See Amos Wilson and Marimba Ani for its common usage within the context I am speaking and all Authors , new and old, that are in alignment with the aforementioned in no particular rank, order, credentials or personal preference. (Shoot your compass and go....and then brainwash yourself in any viable or credible system of African cosmogony) Kunta Kinte izm 101

Think...what would Kunta do? (Hypothetically, ideologically, or realistically) ...Not specifically (Cause he was talkin that Allah stuff) ...not practically ...but HIS INITIAL SPIRIT of Denial.

Aint nobody chopping feet off..last I heard

get out of the Warren fat rabbits it's a trick (Watership Down)

The Framers of the Constitution need a lesson in the Weighing of the words...they called themselves laying a spurious maati (See ancient KMT Kemet, Kamit) foundation and they can't take it to the next level (its not in them). WE MUST re cast the foundation (amongst ourselves) and arrogate ourselves the right to take this artificial culture where WE have the birth right to take it (I aint talking about haplogroups and X Y Chromozones or racist *** athropology=WE MUST ARROGATE ourselves the right by their so-called testimony to FREE WILL and our knowledge of African cosmology from top to bottom) =Straight to the Capstone where father watches from KHEM.

Thats what "I" want and that IS what I am DOING. (reprogramming/ conditioning oneself is the hardest work/journey and the most trepidatious thing one can embark on.)

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Again, it the Ballot or the Bullet....

I can only speak for My Self not the "Collective".

My MIND is my "Bullet". I use it as My Weapon.

I use my Mind to disarm my enemy.

What I want is for US to use our minds, that is our creative Genius and to use our Minds selectively.

To astrally...spitirually...culturally project ourselves OUTSIDE of the amerikkklan political Matrix and SEE the possibilities outside of the "system".

I am not concerned with convincing "them" of anything. They done already lost thier minds. Im trying to keep my Self in a state of Sanity.

I am not asking or demanding from "them" anything.

Nor do I want anything from "them".

Just stop trying to program me to think like they do.

And leave me the flick alone.

If I choose to use the Ballot, let me make up my own Mind.

Because Im very selective, have no faith in their system and dont plan on using the Ballot much longer. I find it has little to no value.

Ultimately, what I want is Peace of Mind.

6. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    I appreciate that statement. Oftentimes, I get the impressions here that the rights of individual blacks to have an opinion of their own are not respected when that opinion differs from the status que.

I take that to mean that you are either not in favor of reparations or have no illusions that reparations are forthcoming.

This really is one of the most free nations on this planet. We have freedoms to speak out against the government, something that is a cardnal sin in many countries. We can choose to participate in society or not...we can choose to isolate ourselves if we so desire.

I removed my daughter from the public school system when she was 16 and started educating my children at home. I just took my oldest son off to bible college. He has never even seen the inside of a public school..(or private for that matter) (10 year gap between his sister and himself). The reason I mention this is to say we have the freedom to opt out of the system of programing us to think in any specific manner. I programmed (and continue to program) my children to reject the American system of debt and living outside ones means....I programmed them to be self-sufficient and resourceful...that is...not dependent upon a J.O.B. (Just Over Broke). I don't have Cable TV...so I don't pump a belief system that conflicts with mine into my living room. I do these things and many more FREELY....no one is coming to my house trying to program me to change my peculiar ways...I am free.

Anyone can be free....simply by choosing to be.

So, insomuch as what we ultimately want, peace of mind is available here, now, today.

Oftentimes, those of us who do not have peace of mind are trying to convince those of us who DO have peace of mind that we are brainwashed....hmmmmm

7. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    What do the polls say?????????

has any of the Black leadership had the guts or the heart to actually question the grassroots community, regarding their/our heartfelt concerns?
    Has any Black,
    organization done so?

I think all Black folks want to see a soluton
    to the HORRORS they see every day,
    in the inner city,
    that many folks,
    move to the suburbs to escape

8. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    with all due respect.....

you know in the south we used to have a saying, "Make it Plain"
    so could you kindly break that down so bro and sis in the PJs can understand that?

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Quite frankly, I support the idea of reparations but am not planning on staying around to depend on the us government or economy to finance me or waiting around for the Big Payback.

I'm divesting myself from this system and making plans on "repatriating" to South Africa, Ghana, Kenya or Ethiopia.

Im not trying to convince anyone that they are brainwashed either. If this system is working for you, the more power to you. Im working on joining some of my friends in re-constructing Afrika.

Peace.

10. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Natinr,

I want to personally invite you to consider joining the Civil Responsibility Movement. It is in it's infantcy, but getting tremendous feedback and is serious about doing exactly what you have posed. This is the exact reason for this question, to gain heartfelt insight into exactly what we ultimately want.

We understand the basic collective desire to end the horror we see everyday, but we are also interested in knowing what else we want collectively. I have not really gotten any clear answers to this question at this point.

I like your response above "Make it Simple" I thought the exact same thing when I read it, as I did not see the direct relevance to the specific question. I choose to leave it alone because I could not think, at that moment, of a diplomatic way to say what you said.

At any rate, please consider thedream2008.com, we need level headed people like you.