Black People : what is stopping the National Black community from collectively purchasing our own HDTV stations?

Which is why I mentioned that fiber optic company (link). I did a search for African American companies in this field and its virtually zero. Just an example of how far behind we are. If I had half a brain I would have started investing when this technology was emerging in the 80s.

We always thinking on the low end. This needs to change.

Bro Omowale, you appear to have at least a half a brain, IMHO you seem to have a whole fully functioning one!!;)

Us thinking on the low end has been a huge hurdle for Us in making up ground!

As far as the HDTV, you have to think of who would even be able to watch it. As a few Brothers have mentioned, with these company having **** near exclusive rights, there are tons of Black people who don't have access to some of the stuff that's out there already!! I have a pretty much all-that-there-is package with a major sat provider but, I have yet to see TV1 because they don't carry it! They carry "centrics" it's like a BET2. They don't even carry TWC, which means no Laker games (because of greed!!). I could go with another provider but, there is a trade off there too, the others don't carry everything that I already have.

BounceTV is OTA out here in So. Cal, it's a decent channel that I watch a lot of at work but, it seems to be a darker version of the crap that's yt has on all the other american stations, geared towards nothing but mind-numbing retreads and massive consumerism! Unlike the Koreans/Asians, we don't have the native langauge, or native religion of Our ancestors as the starting point/barrier, with the barrier being that if you can't speak the language, it's harder to do business!!

We should be looking for something more internet based, as I see it having more longevity the TV.

VoD (Video on Demand) served from a private or hybrid cloud .... whoooo buddy!

Now, that's cooking with gas. Might singe your eyebrows :).

What got me thinking about this is that I don't go out for videos now. I have them streamed to my Apple TV with just a selection by remote.

I watch streaming TV as much or more than my satellite programming.

The stream is in HD format too.

Got to keep up with the tech ....
don't you need a fast connection in order to stream? mines slow.

don't you need a fast connection in order to stream? mines slow.

I think that's why he said you got to keep up with the tech.

For example, I have a tablet that I just pulled from storage two days ago. All of my media is outdated. In between time I had updated my iphone and it took me over three hours to update my iTunes because its outdated and still won't sync to my phone. My windows media and real player won't even load without crashing. Real player won't even read the adobe flash even though it is installed.

I'm still running windows xp. The tablet is about six years old. My next step is to see if it can even run HDTV streams. If not, I still have my iPhone which is completely updated. I just need to find a less expensive data plan.

Question: does anyone here have AppleTV?

Thank you for the artial sista Queen....

With 9bil dollars up for grabs, I'm willing to bet that we have the power to change this. This is part of what this thread is about, which is letting others dictate to us. The Koreans do this because they know they can. Just like they communicate with each other, we need to start doing the same. Tell your customer base this is why you pay this amount and explain the situation to them along with a solution. I'm sure they've done the same thing at some point.

Also, use the library, a lot of people don't know that in the reference section, they have to big books. One is called The Tomcat, and the other is called The Thomas Register. Any and everything that is made here in the US is in those books. So you can go straight to the maker of the product.

When I owned my import/export business, I lived in those books.

Peace!

Thank you for the artial sista Queen....

With 9bil dollars up for grabs, I'm willing to bet that we have the power to change this. This is part of what this thread is about, which is letting others dictate to us. The Koreans do this because they know they can. Just like they communicate with each other, we need to start doing the same. Tell your customer base this is why you pay this amount and explain the situation to them along with a solution. I'm sure they've done the same thing at some point.

Also, use the library, a lot of people don't know that in the reference section, they have to big books. One is called The Tomcat, and the other is called The Thomas Register. Any and everything that is made here in the US is in those books. So you can go straight to the maker of the product.

When I owned my import/export business, I lived in those books.

Peace!
Black entrepreneurs in the hair industry aren't taking what the Koreans are doing sitting down. There are advocates out there who are organized and need the support of their own people.

Black Owned Beauty Supply Association
Join

Why Join BOBSA?

Be a part of a massive and positive shift in economic power within the $9 Billion Dollar Black Hair Care Industry. BOBSA’s mission is to provide guidance to entrepreneurs and consumers in the black hair care industry, and encourage best business practices and excellent customer care.

As a BOBSA member, you will also provide the voice necessary for a powerful advocate in your state and in Washington, representing your concerns on the many issues relating to the black hair care industry.

:welldone:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back