Black Relationships : Should Men Pay For Dates?

Ok, I am going to tell y'all about the one jerk-off who didn't pay for our date. Tell me what you think. Was I wrong?

Dude went to the same college as me. This was long before I had heard of the going dutch thing, or women paying for men.

I'd see him at school and we chat it up, he seemed cool. He was a foreigner. I won't state where he was from, because I don't think he was representative of men from that nation, and I wouldn't want to give them a bad name.

So, every Friday night he'd call me like clockwork. The same old conversation. "Whatcha doing?" "Oh nothing, my friends are over, we are playing Backgammon". Blah, blah, blah, blah.... After about 5 weeks of the same Friday night conversation, he switched it up. He said "Well, what would you LIKE to be doing?" I said, I wish I was at Casa Maria's" He said, "OK, I'll be by to get you in 30 minutes". So, dude drives up in his BMW. We go to Casa Maria's. We place our orders, and we ordered a pitcher of Peach Daquiris. (sp?) As soon as we start drinking the daquris, dude says, "You know the one who asks for the date has to pay, right?" I have never heard of such a thing. I said "What do you mean?" He says, "You asked me out on the date, so you have to pay for it." I'm steaming. I say, "I didn't ask you out on this date!" We start to argue. Then he tells me that he doesn't have any money. Whew Lawd!

I was beside myself. At the same time I thought it was hilarious. I told him, "OK, so you are gonna act like a bxtch, you are about to get treated like a bxtch. I drank those daiquiris and went all in. I clowned him just the same. Because, no one had ever heard of a woman paying for a man on a date. I had the busboys laughing at him. The waiter was laughing at him. The customers were laughing at him. He was so embarrassed. Finally the waiter came and brought HIM the check. And, I reminded him that dude was broke. And, the waiter bent over he was laughing so hard.

So, I paid the check.

Needless to say, we never went out again, talked on the phone again, or acknowledged each other at school. But, everybody at school knew about how he tricked me into buying him dinner.

I wish I had just pretended to go to the bathroom and caught a taxi home and left him hanging with bill. But, I was taken aback and didn't know what to do.

No, don't tell me you understand my point. You obviously don't. In fact, your nature of going back and forth over to no end speaks to catty feminine energy.

I have always suspected that you were a poster from the last board I posted on. That you are really a woman who I had a beef with, over there picking stupid fights with me. And, you never disappoint.

All that you have posted is proof that you don't get it. I was responding to Shaka's statement. He said:

Lol. I really believe I bring to the table the same thing they bring to the table. The want/need us the same as we do them. I always keep in mind that they are getting the same pleasures that I am.

I was pointing out that there are inherent differences that ALL women share, as there are inherent differences that ALL men share. Estrogen and testosterone produce differences in men and women . Can you understand that?

It was never about learned behavior. It was never about what men find important in choosing a mate, or what women find attractive in finding a mate. So, ALL that preaching to the choir that you have done was all in vain.

There are differences in men and women that are HARDWIRED. They have existed throughout eternity even in prehistoric times, so much that we have become somewhat unconscious of them. If it weren't so, homosexuality would run rampant. Homosexuality could be the rule, instead of the exception.

Nothing of what you said to Shaka supports your position of hardwired differences. Bringing beauty to his providing and protecting? You feel those are hardwired aspects of males and females? You need to show me some actual information that supports your points. Weren't you the one that made a post about MGTOW? That phenomena hints at the fact that certain roles are played with an agreement of participation by each gender. Those guys feel women are not playing their part, and so they have decided to leave the game and let women fend for themselves.

Your concepts do not hold up to scrutiny, and so you resort to an ad hominem attacks and unsupported assertions. If you can't accept disagreement with your beliefs, then you probably should not expose your beliefs to scrutiny. Attacking a person who disagrees with you and going so far as to state I am a women because I disagree with you betrays your immaturity.

Moral of the story:

Mookie 1

You 0

Moral of the story:

Mookie 1

You 0

Naw, she just learned what he was about before anything became serious. It was actually a win for her, even if I feel her actions in response to the situation were a bit stereotypical. Better to peep out a user before any real emotional and physical investment is made in the person, then to find out later after you are already in a relationship with the person.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back