Black Relationships : Here's Why Black Women Should Stop Complaining About the Male/Female Ratio

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
We've been hearing a lot of chatter lately about the disproportionate number of black men available to black women for dating, long-term relationships, and marriage. Walk along the streets of Atlanta or Washington D.C., and you'll hear sistas vehemently denouncing the stats. Both cities have approximately 1.2% more females than males, and both are ranked in the top ten of America’s most populous cities. Even in less populated regions where women between ages 25 – 42 outnumber men by 0.8% or less, black women protest just as much.

They aren't complaining about a lack of quality men; many women apparently think the quality factor has been diminished for quite some time. Instead, women are grousing over the far-fetched notion that to couple themselves with a man of good character, they must reluctantly bend the rules of social etiquette and actually approach some of these brothas.

Read more
http://www.mybrotha.com/women-should-stop-complaining-about-ratio.asp

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
For me it before HS and after HS
Most of the women I have been with, I approached initially, since leaving high school....In High School it was the opposite.
There was a brief time in my working career when I was making mucho dinero and because of my job title and position I had to dress and carrying myself in a certain manner....women did approach me but I never got with then, Probable for the same reason I assume they were approaching me.

JenaBee63

Jul 12, 2015
atlanta ga
Occupation
Health Technician/Future Paralegal
For me it before HS and after HS
Most of the women I have been with, I approached initially, since leaving high school....In High School it was the opposite.
There was a brief time in my working career when I was making mucho dinero and because of my job title and position I had to dress and carrying myself in a certain manner....women did approach me but I never got with then, Probable for the same reason I assume they were approaching me.
Are you saying that a women (at that time in your life )would not stand a chance? You didn't find the fact she wanted a professional looking male with earning potential more appealing? Is it better she approached a scrub? So we can't have a standard for initial contact? It can't be about how you look but we're often approached because of how we look? When would it have beenokay for a woman to approach you?

FYI, I never, ever approach a guy first. Just not with it. I may show slight interest with eye contact but that is as far as I am willing to go.

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
I never bought into the ratio thing. I've never not had a man when I wanted one. And if a man I'm casually dating/interviewing brings the ratio up.... I'm on to the next man.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: