Black Relationships : How young is too young?

OnTyme

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 13, 2008
Lately we hear about the school teachers going off to prison, or we see relationships on the tele, like Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher, and men have always dated much younger women. Do you think older women should date younger men? The reason I ask is because my aunt in her 40's tells me she is with a man in his 20's? All I was thinking is it won't work, and she thinks otherwise. I am happy for her, but at the same time, I just don't get it. d
What say you all?

I just wanted to add, that there are a lot of guys these days that deal only with older women, now my aunt is a successful women i can't help but wonder what he sees in her, I am pretty sure what she sees in him she is probably attached to some great sex, and the ego boost, but man I just don't get it.

That's a hard one to make a generalisation about, OnTyme. I say that because there are so many other variables to take into account. Experience doesn't always correlate with age. The same can be said for other attributes such as a degree of maturity, outlook on life, career, family, the world etc. and all the other stuff that should be taken account of when thinking about a relationship. Culture is another area ... across the world, we see many different trends concerning age and relationships.

I reckon it's a subjective decision ... if it works for the two ppl involved .. who is anybody to rock their boat because ages are too far apart .. ? What would be the benchmark? The only concerns I have on the matter regarding age is within a younger age group - and that is only because they themselves are still constantly changing (every week when it comes to teens!).

I'm gonna play devil's advocate with you, and ask you whether or not you'd feel any different if your 40 year uncle had found himself a beautiful 20-something year old woman? In your post you mention '.. and men have always dated much younger women ... ' ..... but when your aunt announces .. you don't geddit? :D

Are you a brotha, my King? (or a sister) ... I know which one i'd put my money on ;)

no harm intended .. jus's jibbin you in the ribs a little ;)

Love x

Biased Opinion

When it comes 2 older women and younger men I dont see a problem with the age. Now when it's flipped, I have a serious problem with it. If a man has 10 or more years on my girls he will be instantly ran off, and it dont matter if she likes it or not. Older men usually have a different agenda in mind when they show interest in younger (10 or more yrs) women than older women do in younger men.

Just my personal feelings on that.

That's a hard one to make a generalisation about, OnTyme. I say that because there are so many other variables to take into account. Experience doesn't always correlate with age. The same can be said for other attributes such as a degree of maturity, outlook on life, career, family, the world etc. and all the other stuff that should be taken account of when thinking about a relationship. Culture is another area ... across the world, we see many different trends concerning age and relationships.

I reckon it's a subjective decision ... if it works for the two ppl involved .. who is anybody to rock their boat because ages are too far apart .. ? What would be the benchmark? The only concerns I have on the matter regarding age is within a younger age group - and that is only because they themselves are still constantly changing (every week when it comes to teens!).

I'm gonna play devil's advocate with you, and ask you whether or not you'd feel any different if your 40 year uncle had found himself a beautiful 20-something year old woman? In your post you mention '.. and men have always dated much younger women ... ' ..... but when your aunt announces .. you don't geddit? :D

Are you a brotha, my King? (or a sister) ... I know which one i'd put my money on ;)

no harm intended .. jus's jibbin you in the ribs a little ;)

Love x

lol maybe you right but i am not putting her down but i just don't see what they could have in common? cause she is 43 now, and he is 24, she is 19 years older than him. i just think that is off the chain. when she was 24 he was a baby. and what if he wants kids. plus like you said young people aren't all that settled on opinions and stuff so, it will be her that gets hurt if he moves on. she should try for a man a little older so she can have something lasting.

her complaint is that the older dudes are all married...I don't know. and I'm a sista not a king...lol

When it comes 2 older women and younger men I dont see a problem with the age. Now when it's flipped, I have a serious problem with it. If a man has 10 or more years on my girls he will be instantly ran off, and it dont matter if she likes it or not. Older men usually have a different agenda in mind when they show interest in younger (10 or more yrs) women than older women do in younger men.

Just my personal feelings on that.

so if your 15 year old son tells you his school teacher took his virginity what you gonna do...?

i don't have kids, but that women would face some serious consequences if it was my child.

as for the much older man thing, older men may be more settled.... I know some women who have and they are happy...and usually long term.

it is a double standard i know.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back