Black Relationships : Choosing between the *Mature* or *Young* Woman...

Do You Prefer *Younger* or *More Mature* (Older) Women?

• Younger

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • More Mature (Older)

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
ShemsiEnTehuti said:
Being 25 years old, I still consider myself youthful, yet mature and somewhat distinguished. I have found my self to be the object of desire both by women around my age and those considerably older. For instance, there are two young ladies that have been vying for my attention, one is 24 and the other is 21. Both are very attractive and on theIr ways to becoming successful professional Black women. However, there is a sister who does it for me even more than these young women, and she is much older than myself (in excess of 5 years).

The older woman is much more confident and straight-forward than the younger women, which makes her far more sexy in my opinion. Both the young and older women I am talking about are very intelligent people, but perhaps it is the more mature woman's wisdom that draws me toward her. I have always said that I need a woman that knows what she wants, not just to want some guy to take care of her. The younger women seem to not really have it together, while the older one knows what she wants out of life and has clear expectations from a man. I sometimes feel as if I am deluding myself thinking on the long-term with this woman, even though everything feels so right.

Another thing is how younger women tend to want you to give them special attention, spend money, and so forth to prove to them that you are serious. With the more mature women, you will most likely do all those things anyhow, but they have already sized you up and wouldn't be giving you the time if they didn't already want to get it on with you (that is unless you really screw up). On the positive side for the younger women, they tend to be more energetic. There also isn't as much risk of her not wanting children as a woman already upwards from 30.

Anyhow, have any brothers here experienced this dilemma before? Also, are their any *mature* and *young* women to give their input?

Done the tenderonie thang. Too much drama. I'll take peace and maturity over anything

Ah... Tough question.

I am still very young, turning 20 this december, but I have been told that I am so "mature and collected in comparison to other boys my age", which is why I have been approached by elder women almost all my romantic life.

Though being approached by elder women really does make you feel "special"... I find it hard to rate one over the other, so I think I will refrain from voting on the poll. Having a woman which is my age is great, I think, because then she can grow -with- you and sometimes you find yourself in the same phases of life.

Then again, a grown woman (not synonymous with mature, mind you) has more experience and often knows who she is better than the younger one. And she knows what she wants from me as a male better than the younger one. She can also assist me (and I her) in many ways that the younger one could not. And if she is more mature she is more likely to be precise on what she wants for the future and what her place in this world is.

But... being older means you don't have the same frame of reference, be it comical, musical or something else. This could of course also apply to the younger one.

Tough choice. I go with whatever as long as I find it hollistically feasible. Period :)

One.

~Ikoro

just because.....

It seems that some men think that older women automatically represent a more "mature" woman. Maybe or maybe not. Of course someone that is more experienced in life is going to seem as she has her self together, at least moreso than a younger woman. The things that appear to be self-confidence and maturity could be considered "game". It all depends on your point of view. If we flipped the situation around and had a male that was older, what would we think then? Would he be more "mature" or simply have more game? I'd rather have a woman that I can "grow" with. What happens when you can't learn anything else from the older woman? What happens when you realize that this more "mature" woman, is only an older version of the women that you're dating now?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

It's a lot going on and I know I have not been here for a long time but it is about to change.
Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Back