Black Relationships : Choosing between the *Mature* or *Young* Woman...

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by ShemsiEnTehuti, Oct 17, 2006.

?

Do You Prefer *Younger* or *More Mature* (Older) Women?

1. Younger

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. More Mature (Older)

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Being 25 years old, I still consider myself youthful, yet mature and somewhat distinguished. I have found my self to be the object of desire both by women around my age and those considerably older. For instance, there are two young ladies that have been vying for my attention, one is 24 and the other is 21. Both are very attractive and on theIr ways to becoming successful professional Black women. However, there is a sister who does it for me even more than these young women, and she is much older than myself (in excess of 5 years).

The older woman is much more confident and straight-forward than the younger women, which makes her far more sexy in my opinion. Both the young and older women I am talking about are very intelligent people, but perhaps it is the more mature woman's wisdom that draws me toward her. I have always said that I need a woman that knows what she wants, not just to want some guy to take care of her. The younger women seem to not really have it together, while the older one knows what she wants out of life and has clear expectations from a man. I sometimes feel as if I am deluding myself thinking on the long-term with this woman, even though everything feels so right.

Another thing is how younger women tend to want you to give them special attention, spend money, and so forth to prove to them that you are serious. With the more mature women, you will most likely do all those things anyhow, but they have already sized you up and wouldn't be giving you the time if they didn't already want to get it on with you (that is unless you really screw up). On the positive side for the younger women, they tend to be more energetic. There also isn't as much risk of her not wanting children as a woman already upwards from 30.

Anyhow, have any brothers here experienced this dilemma before? Also, are their any *mature* and *young* women to give their input?

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Since I'm darn near twice your age, I prefer a mature, younger woman. For a number of different reasons which I shall not elaborate on here.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    much older? hmmm. my first wife was five years older than myself.
    it's hard for me to think of a 30 yr old as "older woman".

4. ShemsiEnTehuti

Ratings:
    +32
    Ok...say you were 25 and she was about 40?

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    good for an affair but not for marriage.

6. ShemsiEnTehuti

Ratings:
    +32
    From your comments, can I reason that it may be good to have an older woman when you are as young as myself, but then you want someone younger when your older? It's difficult to have it both ways...although it can be done...LOL.

7. ShemsiEnTehuti

Ratings:
    +32
    That's why I said "in excess of 5 years", meaning much more than that. If you don't mind me asking, did the age difference of 5 years contribute to the separation between you and your first wife, or was it something else?

8. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Well, I consider young to be under 30... so I'll chime in, if I may. Coming from a woman who is a combination of all types you listed: young; mature; within your age bracket, you being 25... I would imagine you would have better relations with the 21/24 year old; since women are naturally more matured than their male counterparts; juxtaposed to the 30+ woman being "beyond your maturity level".

Ultimately, you should go for whomever fits YOUR mold THE best.

You weigh in... What's more of a priority to you:

A. A woman your age who can grow* and mature* with you

B. The 30+ woman who is self-sufficient* but will "hip" you to every inquiry you have

Then again, there exists women who fit the criteria of both types of women described above.

Which woman will stimulate your mind as well as your body? Which woman would make a virtous wife and a loving doting mother? Which woman shares mutual interests, and/or is willing to compromise?

Do you consider dating the three women (not simultaneously) for a trial run?

You're apparently a focused young man who at least acknowledges he has OPTIONS. Great. I think men in their mid-twenties (24-27) are at pivotal points in their lives; they are often torn between dating the hot sizzling 22 y/o vs. the more matured 28y/o marriage-minded woman, and selecting a woman based solely on quality; thus they need to choose a woman wisely.

Personally, I always preferred a man from 5 years younger, to 5 years older; until I imagined trying to build with a 23 y/o :oops:

Whichever route you decide to take; keep in mind your happiness and fulfillment. Don't settle:)

9. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    choosing between...

oh mature for me,i mean after sex comes conversation,heck at my age it's safer to dream about sex and just have conversation.

10. ShemsiEnTehuti

Ratings:
    +32
    Thanks Spicey for responding...

When it comes to maturity level, that is one of the issues. I think that in many ways my maturity level is above my age. Women my age often annoy me (but not all) with some of their foolishness. To be honest, I have only met a few women about my age who I could connect with mentally, but with my luck they were always taken by older and more distinguished men.

I just want an intelligent, mature, but at the same time attractive, sister to grow with regardless of age. I have just been connecting with more older women than younger.