Black Spirituality Religion : CAN ANY CHRISTIAN ANSWER THESE?????

I understand you offering this "counter-argument," Bro. Clyde.

But, IMO, we shouldn't apply the "one-drop rule" to any WHITE person who may or may not have had some African ancestry.

....Even the so-called "Black Presidents" before Obama were WHITE MEN who may or may not have had some African ancestry in them; but in EVERY RESPECT/ASPECT, they were WHITE MEN, by skin color, culturally and socio-economically.

Conversely, can the "one-drop rule" make me WHITE by virtue of any Caucasian ancestry I may have in me?

NOT!.....So, IMO, we shouldn't be claiming white folks just cuz they got a drop or two of Black in 'em.

YES, we should EXPOSE their MIXED ANCESTRY so that the world will know that they are NOT "PURE WHITE" nor the "SUPERIOR RACE" they have espoused to us.

But I don't care how much Black blood was in the family tree of King James or Warren Harding/Calvin Coolidge/Eisenhower or any others. That don't make them Black.

They never walked in MY SHOES. They don't know MY STORY. They never lived in MY SKIN.

Because ultimately in the end they would all have "black blood" by default anyway right?

I understand you offering this "counter-argument," Bro. Clyde.

But, IMO, we shouldn't apply the "one-drop rule" to any WHITE person who may or may not have had some African ancestry.

....Even the so-called "Black Presidents" before Obama were WHITE MEN who may or may not have had some African ancestry in them; but in EVERY RESPECT/ASPECT, they were WHITE MEN, by skin color, culturally and socio-economically.

Conversely, can the "one-drop rule" make me WHITE by virtue of any Caucasian ancestry I may have in me?

NOT!.....So, IMO, we shouldn't be claiming white folks just cuz they got a drop or two of Black in 'em.

YES, we should EXPOSE their MIXED ANCESTRY so that the world will know that they are NOT "PURE WHITE" nor the "SUPERIOR RACE" they have espoused to us.

But I don't care how much Black blood was in the family tree of King James or Warren Harding/Calvin Coolidge/Eisenhower or any others. That don't make them Black.

They never walked in MY SHOES. They don't know MY STORY. They never lived in MY SKIN.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Considering recent discoveries on the biological construct of race relating to DNA, Mt DNA, etc., its going to be hard not to apply the one drop rule to white folk. But thanks for understanding my reason for sharing the counter-argument. As you say, the counter-argument exposes that white folk cannot be pure white or superior, but that they are mutant recessives compared to the dominant gene structure of indigenous Africans.

Peace In,

Clyde Coger

I think your post click musta got stuck/hung-up..This posted FOUR times.

It's happened to me too sometimes.

... Yeah, I know... I posted in the shout out before you, lol... I'm deleting them as fast as I can.

Peace In,

Because ultimately in the end they would all have "black blood" by default anyway right?

... Yes, you are correct houserunner. And the sooner the rest of us see it that way, the better off we'll be... its call standing behind our originality and being proud of it:

The Human Story
Working together, we are unveiling the story of the greatest journey ever told: how our ancestors migrated from their African homeland to populate the Earth tens of thousands of years ago.

Looking at the key element above... our, not his ancestors, migrated from Africa and populated the Earth... There's no other reasonable explanation, hourserunner.

Peace In,

And the blowout continues.. The Christians (C's) led by Defensive End/Linebacker/Quarterback cherryblossom continue to dominate the field in every possible way.. having completely turned the tables.. After spending the first few minutes of the match on defense.. Linebacker Blossom literally sacked The Christian Critics's (CC's) Quarterback/Coach Keita Kenyatta with annointed Christian fervor.. leaving him 67 yards behind the line of scrimmage.. lying in the fetal position inside an over-sized burlap potato-sack babbling theoretical defensive plays in virtually all caps.. "literally sacked in sack-cloth", as one commentator put it.

Meanwhile The C's have had the ball now for 186 consecutive downs.. actually refusing to score the touchdown.. running up to the 1 yard line then intentionally dropping the ball.. toying with Keita's CC's.. purposely running the ball back in the wrong direction even.. throwing the ball directly to the CC's.. only to have them drop it like a hot-potatoe so as to avoid possession and more potatoe-sack-laden thrashing. The C's are actually daring the other side to touch the ball again. Most of the C's (except Cherryblossom) have taken off their helmets and pads.. and a small cookout has emerged in the CC's Endzone. "They won't need it!" says Clyde Coger.. The Christians's kicker working the grill.

A few minutes ago.. the potato-sack containing Mr. Kenyatta began showing signs of life.. As the sky darkened, Mr. Kenyatta stood up and aggressively threw down his sack-clothe. And it appeared that Kenyatta's Christian Critics were going to reclaim their dignity and at least make a contest of it. . but.. ... sadly.. he just had to go to the bathroom.. how do we know? because he actually said it.. well.. shouted every other word of it.. with a weird kind of authoritative assertiveness.. like this: "I'm GOING to THE bathROOM!!"

That was a couple of hours ago.. and it doesn't look like he's coming back. He was last spotted licking his wounds at Tha Kitchen Table while reminiscing about the olden days and poetry and whatnot.. seeking solace in the past I guess.. his scholarly air deflated down to the slightly-exaggerated colloquial regular-folk-ded-ness that he has been known to revert to in times of trouble and challenge.. a phenomena which some observers speculate, "..seems to serve as some part of his intellectual immune system."

At any rate.. One would think that after such a demoralizing defeat that Mr. Kenyatta would stick to promulgating his own ideas in affirmative terms instead of unnecessarily and often disrespectfully piggybacking off of the beliefs of his brothers and sisters with a constant stream of polarizing, juxtaposition-based, generic, 50,000-foot-view, socio-political, pseudo-historical criticisms and analysis. But as my mama would say to me when I was wrong about something and I started my excuse with the words , "I thought".. she'd say, "well.. you thought like Lit".. "like Lit?", I'd say.. "yeah..like Lit.. you thought you farted but you sh__". Only time will tell..

signing off.. this is seemingly objective 3rd-party commentator Skuderjaymes for The Destee Intellectual Sports Network.. (DISN).. until next time.. Remember: Context is everything.. bought sense is better than told.. and don't talk about it-- be about it..

-Peace yall...

I must agree with those before me, this is brilliant writing! :toast:

Thanks for sharing Brother Skuder!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back