Black Spirituality Religion : reDirecting the Christian Energy

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by YingYang11, Aug 20, 2014.

1. YingYang11

YingYang11 Active Member MEMBER

Hidden Poet, Enlightener
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hello Everyone
    I may be speaking from stereotypes but usually in a black Christian church there is a huge amount of energy being created. Whether it is praying or singing the gospel or coming together at sad times the same amount of energy is present. I don't know what the energy is. Whether it is spiritual energy, or dark matter or just simple faith it is definitely there in a black church. Whether Christianity is a gimmick or not the energy that is being produced is very authentic.

Now the intentions and the foundation for this energy is very misleading.From reading a couple of the forums in this website it seems that the majority of blacks( at least in the Americas) are Christians). I also learn that there is some problems with the bible and how the majority of blacks were taught by American colonist about the holy bible.From this I feel that black Christians are producing this energy or faith blindly. I know that most black churches talk about morals and being close to the community and helping people not as blissful as you are which are good things. But I feel as though there is more things to do then just following the bible and society's way of living.

In this forum I know that there are a lot of arguments that are questioning the validity of the bible and I feel that most black Christians are not questioning the bible and it's origins as much as they really need to.When you are practicing a new religion the first thing that you should do is question the teachings and origin of the religion so that you won't be in unnecessary trouble.

So to prevent this unnecessary trouble and blindness we should redirect this Christian faith or energy into something that would improve the black race.

People can actually go to Africa or any other places in which the black race had spread so that we can reunite stronger then ever.
    Or maybe we should preach more about religious diversity and less teaching people how to accept fate
    or providing blacks more opportunities in which we would become more independent from the Caucasian society.
    Whatever the the black race do I know that there must be a change in how we interpret the religions that we practice. If we use this energy or faith more efficiently we would be able to achieve great things.But of course with great change there are great sacrifices . Maybe we will have to surrender the Christian religion or maybe all religions,but I believe this can be one of the first steps for blacks to achieve greatness.

-Any comments. Please be nice as I am a newbie who read the forum rules :)

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

:hello: YingYang11 ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

They better be nice to you ... and if they don't you let me know ... :love:

You are following the rules ... we all abide by them ... and i'm here if you need me ... :guard:

Thanks for joining and sharing. I look forward to the discussion.

Make yourself right at home because you are.

Much Love and Peace

:heart:

Destee

3. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Hello YingYang, and welcome to Destee, I hope you enjoy your stay, and feel at home.:10200:

I also thank you for reading our rules, because many don't. So I'm giving credit where credit is due:10900:

I don't have a comment, but rather a question:

Presupposing that Christianity is true, did Jesus die for everybody, or did he die for the elect only?

Peace!

4. YingYang11

Hidden Poet, Enlightener
    Ratings:
    +29
    Well presupposing that Christianity is true, I believe that he died for the elect ones. I don't want to place Jesus as a person that is selfish, but I would think he would only save a few, depending on the situation. For example in today times there are a lot of people living in Earth. If Christianity is true I believe that Jesus wouldn't like how the Earth is overcrowded and not healing as fast as it should be healing( this is why my user pic has Ying Yang to symbolize balance). Therefore he would die for the elect since it is unnecessary for everyone to lead the world into a new light. Now what really matters is how he would choose the elect?Also do we have a choice in becoming an elect or not? Are these elects even humans? It wouldn't be fair that he would die for only a small amount of people.Is being an elect even beneficial for the benefactor? So there is a lot of questions regarding how Jesus would choose the elect.

I'm really do not know the bible well,so my response might be a little bit inaccurate

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
  6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

chances are great that you're going to have to know it well, among other things, to get folk to redirect their energies.

it may be easier just to redirect your own energy to where you think it should be ... than getting others to do so.

i commend your desire to move others ... it's just not an easy thing to do ... :weights:

Love You!

Destee

7. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Your response is your own.... as is your opinion of what "Jesus would do...." I, however, am of the belief that we mortals cannot read the mind of God, thus your divinity-reading IMO is mere conceit.

8. YingYang11

Hidden Poet, Enlightener
    Ratings:
    +29
    I know that what I'm saying might be to unrealistic. I did read the bible a little bit when I was younger. I wasn't instructed to do so either.

So I thought that if I given Christianity a chance then maybe people would do the same.

The only thing I don't like about what I'm saying is questioning the faith itself. I know it is not my place to do so and that I should focus on my own energy. But doing so would not help the situation either.

Actually I don't even know if Christianity is bad to began with. In my opinion it is actual good.

But then again the origins of Christianity is something that I strongly disagree with as I believe that any deception in any religion would lead to its ( and the people's) downfall.

Also other races and cultures were exposed to the Christian Religion and it probably help or made things worse for them.

I guess it depends on the people's priorities. I don't know what black Christian churches mainly prioritize. And even If did learn what about other races and cultures?

So now I feel stuck. should I care or not? Well I really do care. Now I'm back to square one. I might not be able to solve this problem now, but hopefully as time goes by there will be opportunities and new insights.

Thanks for helping me to reevaluate my ideas.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

You're welcome.

I've found that it's a struggle just keeping up with my own energies ... let alone the energies of others.

I've also found ... if my energy is in the "right place" ... it can positively impact others, without even speaking.

Gaining control over one's own energy is an awesome task ... a life-long quest ... that should not be forsaken.

Our eyes automatically see out ... what others are doing ... but it's within that takes real effort to see.

Keep asking the hard questions, for you probably have all the answers ... inside of you.

Much Much Love and Peace.

Destee

10. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Well said...:toast:

Peace!