Black Spirituality Religion : CAN ANY CHRISTIAN ANSWER THESE?????

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Keita Kenyatta, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
  2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Its not certain why I waist my time answering as you request, knowing you will not or already have reviewed the links offered below:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads...idnt-write-the-book.30811/page-34#post-309241

But I do it anyway... smh.

Now will come the trick of answering the answer, along with put-downs, jokes, etc... but, it comes with the territory I stand on... your move.

Peace In,

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Come on, Keita, you're a veteran yourself. Surely, you can "over-stand" the concept of a "company/battalion or unit" of men in an army.

The very first so-called "contradictions" mentioned in this video discusses "700 horsemen" versus "7000 horsemen."

2 Sam. 8:
    [4] And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: and David houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them for an hundred chariots.

1 Chron. 18:
    [4] And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven thousand horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: David also houghed all the chariot horses, but reserved of them an hundred chariots.

AND LOOK!....HERE IT IS AGAIN!>>>>

2 Sam. 10:
    [18] And the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew the men of seven hundred chariots of the Syrians, and forty thousand horsemen, and smote Shobach the captain of their host, who died there.

1 Chron. 19:
    [18] But the Syrians fled before Israel; and David slew of the Syrians seven thousand men which fought in chariots, and forty thousand footmen, and killed Shophach the captain of the host.

So, HOW MANY MEN were in these CHARIOTS, 700 or 7000?

Well, no, I wasn't there; but common sense and simple math tell me that a "COMPANY" of men must have been 10 men.

So, 700 "COMPANIES" of men (x 10) would be the SAME AS 7000 men.

Now, no, I didn't watch the entire video; but this FIRST so-called "contradiction" was enough for me to know what the rest would consist of as well. :lol:

This is what Christians get from others who CHERRY-PICK the Bible.

....And stuff like this video is what they come up with. :lol:

...Everyone of these lists of so-called contradictions" for Christians to answer is a weak attempt at an "AHA!...We gotcha now!" kinda "CHALLENGE" for Christians to answer. :lol:

Do you REALLY want me to go on with the REST of the video?
    :lol:

:

4. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    LOL! Yeah, Bro. Clyde, both of us have "BEEN THERE/DONE THAT" so many times.

...smh....You'd think they'd come up with sumpn better by now. :lol:

1 Peter 3:
    [15] But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
    [16] Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Actually my intent was not as it may have been perceived. I could have done better than whoever made that video by myself. I was questioning some of it because as I read the book of Judges, I was able to see that they basically didn't have any or many weapons at all. With this information, we can discuss the weapons and warfare described in the book of Judges, where we read "...not a shield or spear was seen among forty thousand in Israel" (Judges 5:8). Clearly weapons were in short supply, at least for the Israelites, an interpretation which is supported by the [above] lists of weapons mentioned in Judges.

Classic example: The people of Kemet NEVER had a standing army, which is why the Hyksos just literally WALKED INTO KEMET. There is no record in Judges of other individual Israelites using the sword, and the only other conventional weapon mentioned is the sling. We are told that 700 left-handed slingers from the tribe of Benjamin could sling a stone at a hair and not miss (Judges 20:16).

On the other hand, many other objects served as weapons when nothing better was available. We are told that Shamgar struck down 600 Philistines with an ox goad, in a tantalizingly brief reference (Judges 3:31). Perhaps he was ploughing with his oxen when the Philistines appeared over the hill. The ox goad was a farm implement, about two or three metres (eight or ten feet) in length, with one end pointed, and sometimes metal-tipped, to prod the ox to plough. The other end was fashioned with a scraper to dislodge the clods that became entangled in the plough. Shamgar’s heroic feat fits the pattern in the book of Judges of gaining victory with inferior weapons.

In Judges 4 and 5 we learn how Sisera fled the battlefield to avoid being killed or captured. He came to the tent of Jael, who seemed to offer him safety. However, while he was sleeping off his fatigue, she took a hammer and tent-peg and pounded the peg through his temple (Judges 4:21, 5:26). The hammer she used was probably made of stone, and the tent-peg a wooden object.

Samson did not use orthodox weapons either. When he was met by a roaring lion, he had no weapons at all; using his bare hands and brute strength, he tore the lion apart as if it had been a tender young goat (Judges 14:6). On another occasion, he was weaponless because he had just been handed over to the Philistines. He picked up the fresh jawbone of a donkey (this must have been heavier and moister than an old, dried-out jawbone) and killed 1000 Philistines with it, wielding it like a club (Judges 15:15).

Now it was not my intent to reveal all of this...but I did so because I can see that my intent and the studies that I am doing have obviously been misinterpreted. As I said before, I don't leave any stones unturned. I want to know about the weapons, the actual numbers of people, the amount in a company (which is not as you stated) and everything that I can in terms of "how people were living in the past, what their mind set was, social structure was, clothes was, food was and everything else.

So first let me apologize since my intent was not as it was perceived to be. I just want you to know, I really don't roll like that unless I purposely choose to roll like that....and it would never be in the weak manner of that video. The fact is that, if they so much as took a ish, I want to know the color of it and the consistency of it if possible. (which would of course tell me something of their diet as opposed to having to "believe" anything that I'm told.)

Secret: "Once men came into power and I know that which I speak, I knew and know that I can't trust nothing that we had to say...and as a man myself, I know exactly what it is that I'm saying and why. So I once again apologize.

6. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Again, this is what I mean by "CHERRY-PICKING" the Bible. ---You saw that ONE verse that said they had "no weapons" in THAT battle and ASSUMED that meant they had no weapons AT ALL.....EVER. :lol:

Let's look in the book of JUDGES>>>

*sigh* ---MORE CHERRY-PICKING...

You saw that ONE verse and ASSUMED that SLINGS were ALL they had. :lol:

So, SOME of the men had SLINGS and SOME of the men had SWORDS.

7. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Keita, YOU DIDN'T READ NUTHIN' IN JUDGES! :lol:

YOU didn't "SEE nuthin for yourself!" :lol:

THAT'S A LIE.

YOU COPIED/PASTED THIS FROM ANOTHER SITE and acted like YOU SAID IT! :lol:

You even CHERRY-PICKED what you wanted to use from that site....just like you do THE BIBLE! :lol:

wow....This is really PITIFUL, Keita. (smh)

YOU and so many others here always talkin' bout me saying "what the white man said".....and try to discredit my posts when I reference articles. :lol:

But, I guess it's okay if YOU say "what the white man said," huh. :lol:

So, I guess you thought, "Well, she won't be able to shoot THIS down cuz this comes from a CHRISTIAN SITE and it's WRITTEN by a WHITE MAN at a WHITE UNIVERSITY." :lol:

HERE is the LINK to the SITE you STOLE that from:
    http://www.gci.org/bible/hist/weapons/

Destee

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    WEAPONS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were four branches in the army: spearmen, swordsmen, archers, and slingers. Weapons used by these groups can be divided into two groups: those the soldier held and wielded at close quarters with the enemy, and those he projected, either with his arm or with the the help of some other centrifugal force, for example the sling.
    There are few references to weapons in the period of the Judges, or in the battles that were fought then - no Israelite spears, bows, shields, javelins, axes or maces - or the protective body armor (see Judges 5:8). Their enemies, on the other hand, were well armed - Goliath had a full suit of armor.
    After the introduction of monarchy by Saul, David and Solomon, weapons became much more common. The standing army was equipped with effective weapons, and when the Philistine control over the manufacture of metal was broken, the weapons industry of Israel came under the control of the king.
    Hand held weapons included the sword, the mace or club, and spears and javelins. Projectile weapons using centrifugal force included the bow and arrow, and the sling. The slingers were probably more accurate at hitting their target than the archers....

...COMPLETE ARTICLE HERE:
    http://www.bible-archaeology.info/war.htm

9. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    David knocked down Goliath with a SLING and a STONE.

But, he used a SWORD to kill him and cut off his head.

1 Sam. 17:
    [49] And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
    [50] So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
    [51] Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... In nearly the same fashion as is happening now.

Peace In,