Black Relationships : Friendship or Love?

Love is a very challenging and difficult subject to define and discuss.
We have talk shows that exploit people who act out in the name of love (Jerry Springer) and some of the greatest works of art that were created to express love (the Taj Mahal).
On one hand I agree that people need to learn to love uncontionally and be willing to except love from others. On the other hand (warning, I may rack up more hands than the typical human has), people should realize when or how to love. You can love someone but if that person takes advantage of that love or disrespects or hurts you in the name of love, you may need to find other avenues to love that person. Loving someone from afar, even unconditionally, can still be considered love. Conversely, people should make attempts to except love and not hold up the barrier that may empede love's progress. People shouldn't let what a man or woman did 15 years ago interfere with what the current love of your life will or can do for you.
People should be open and willing to give and recieve love!

ONE LOVE

i believe that the only types of love that really last are of the unconditional type. God's love for us is meant to last...our parent's love for us is meant to last...and so on. However, i can love a man unconditionally while still having certain expectations, such as not to be beaten, misued, lied to nor neglected. Even unconditional love has it's expectations.:star:

Hello Destee Fam...long time no post (for me). I am not quite back into the swing of things but I will be shortly.

Sanaiah, I humbly submit that those "expectations" that you have not to be beaten and so on are CONDITIONS of you continuing to love that man. That's why it is unrealistic to expect to give or recieve unconditional love when we speak about romantic love. Romantic love is one of the most conditional things in the world....and until we realize that we are going to keep bumping our respective heads on that wall of conditions. Once we know it is conditioned upon us meeting certain "expectations" then we can own those expectations and not combat them with the "you are supposed to love me" decree which (in case you haven't noticed) is followed closely by divorce.

Sanaiah25 said:
i believe that the only types of love that really last are of the unconditional type. God's love for us is meant to last...our parent's love for us is meant to last...and so on. However, i can love a man unconditionally while still having certain expectations, such as not to be beaten, misued, lied to nor neglected. Even unconditional love has it's expectations.:star:

Sister Sanaiah ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing your opinion.

Join us in our new voice & video chat too ... www.destee.com/chat ... it's open 24/7!

Please make yourself at home Sister, because you are!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back