Black Relationships : Would you end your friendship because

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by free2b_me, Mar 12, 2009.

1. free2b_me

free2b_me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Your freind was flirting with your man or woman? Why is it that a men don't usually end their male bonding, yet some women will through gurlfriends under the bus for even thinking about it? Even if you don't end the friendship, will be able to trust them around your honey ever again?

2. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343
    Greetings Free2_me...

I don't know what men you're talking about but the ones I know, will end a friendship in a NY second... if that happens to them. Reason being. if a so called friend has the nerves to do such a thing then he is not a friend..and is not showing respect for the sister or brother.

Lilpea :1on1:

3. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    First we need to know and understand that: "Every face that wear a grin...ain't ya friend" :D

4. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    There is innocent flirting. Then there is serious.. hey what are you two doing?

Innocent flirting is Ok.. like if he tells her how great she looks in a outfit.
    Me sitting there. There is no bond strong enough for me to tolerate him if I sense any misdeeds.

I keep an eye on my male friends.. I know some DOG's.. My male friends aren't allowed in my home to wait for me, or to come by my home looking for me.

5. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Who is a freind? That is the question. I wouldn't flirt with my friends man. I have had so called friends and even family members go out of their way to flirt with my male companion. I just laugh to my self inside of my head because only an insecure woman would flirt with another womans man. Funny thing is, the women that are doing the flirting with another womans man, they actually think that the other woman, is the one who is insecure.

I wouldn't stop associating with a friend or an associate if they flirted with my man because I would probably feel sorry for them that their insecurities has led them to flirting with their friends man. However, I would not deal with them the same way, that I had been dealing with them.

Astrologer4U

6. msstrong

msstrong Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    If there is even a question of whether or not to end the friendship over flirting, the flirting must be obvious and far from innocent. In this case, I would consider whether or not this is a true friend. If so, you should be able to confront your friend and your friend should understand where you are coming from.

7. free2b_me

Ratings:
    +10
    What if she said she understood where you were coming from, then went and told others that you was tryin to check her over a man? Some women don't take the confrontation too well. That in itself would lead me to think, maybe she had other intentions.

8. free2b_me

Ratings:
    +10
    Yes, I do understand this, but what you considered this person a friend? Then every opportunity she has, she skinnin and grinin in your husbands face? What would you do?

9. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Free2_bme, did you over look my post, or was it to long for you to be dealing with from your hand held gadget. I forgot what the name of it is, either blackberry or something like that.

Astrologer4U

10. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I had a friend like that. For some reason she needed to feel desired by men. I knew this about her before i got with a particular person, but this didn't bother me about her. I felt like, if my man was vulnerable to her advances, i would know he was not the man for me. Knowing this already about my friend, i knew i definately needed a man i could trust around her. :lol:

:thinking:Then again, it wasn't like she was all up on him and stuff. So i guess it would depend on how far she would go?
    However, i would definately keep an eye open when it came to my man.

:heart: