Black Relationships : A real question about real friendship

realgurlchelle said:
Realguyjeff,
I have a question for you. What is this friendship comprised of? What makes it so valuable? If you could look at all the things that represent your friendship and honestly say that it was worth fighting for, then yes, by all means, don't give the friendship up. Always keep in mind your priorities and what matters in your heart. If your mate loves you then she would understand your friendship and respect it for what its worth.

In reply to both of your posts I say this. I agree, the nature of the relationship with the friend should determine how one handles themselves when finding romantic love. In my own personal friendships I consider them underdevoloped yet still a friendship. Once you introduce strength of relationship with the friend as a factor in determining whether or not that person should stay, you open the door for bias. One may say it's strong, one may say it's not. Yet in all actuality it could be neither(both at different times), or either. That's a mouthful but friendships often are. At the end of the day I guess the deciding factor should be which action is in the best interest of the greater good.

I agree with MrBlak on this one. You should never throw away a good friend. Believe it or not, true, real friends are extemely hard to come by. You can find good acquaintances and associates at the corner store. They are not necessarily the ones who will have your back, emotionally, spiritually or whatever when you need it most. True, your newfound love has feelings and will have a hard time adjusting to your having a close female friend, particularly if she is attractive. I would make sure that you introduce them, allow them to be around each other and you in a social setting. That setting could be just relaxing at your house. If your girl still has an issue, talk to your friend and let her know that you aren't cutting her off, by any means, you are just trying to nurture this love right now. Keep in mind that your friend has feelings too.

I would never get rid of a friend for anyone, unless I was already thinking of doing it for myself. I would'nt let someone pressure me into choosing between them and a friend that I wanted in my life...never. If you do I don't think you're really a good friend. A good friend will help you see through the lies and give you advice based on what's good for you, not what will benefit them. Sometimes girlfriends/ boyfriends will tell you to do things or make decisions based on what's good for them. So keep a good friend forever, because love can change as soon as you blink your eye.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back