Black Relationships : How much should be spent on a wedding?

My wife and I had 2 beautiful custom made African wedding outfits for $500 (if I had a scanner, I'd download them). If you do some research, you can save a lot of money on a wedding! Just watch the reception cost...that is where we spent a lot of money!

One thing we should be aware of though is that ellaborate weddings is actually part of our culture, our culture meaning African. In Africa many weddings are celebrated for a week or more! The newlyweds attend celebration parties which can last days on end! A wedding is a blessed event, which is cause for celebration! Unfortunately because of the price associated with weddings, it is not always possible to celebrate in the manner, which it deserves. However again with creative thinking the event can be given the grandeur it deserves, at an affordable price.

I want to spend about 25,000 to 50,000 dollars on my wedding, I believe that it is a special time and should be treated as such. I do not think everyone has to spend lavishly on a wedding, but it will be my first and hopefully last so I will make it one to remember and one to cherish.

Me and my wife will not be in debt after the wedding either, I have already been saving up before the weddding even tho I have not found her yet -).

MANASIAC said:
I want to spend about 25,000 to 50,000 dollars on my wedding, I believe that it is a special time and should be treated as such. I do not think everyone has to spend lavishly on a wedding, but it will be my first and hopefully last so I will make it one to remember and one to cherish.

Me and my wife will not be in debt after the wedding either, I have already been saving up before the weddding even tho I have not found her yet -).

A WEDDING THAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE IS PART OF YOUR BUDGET?

Yes I am budgeting so that in the event it happens, I will have the proper money and if not, God made IRA's for a reason.

I really enjoy watching the wedding show on TLC and I like and want a lavish wedding. Morso than the lady. It will be the biggest day of my life, and it will be so in style, glamour and glitz, but the real meaning of the lavish wedding will be to show externally the lavish love that we have for each other in our hearts, minds and spirits.

Me myself, I would never spend alot of money on a wedding. I have never wanted a big wedding because I think it's a waste of money and it's just a big show for family and friends. I think it's more important to the woman to have a big, flashy, costly wedding. I mean, everyone has their own taste and no ones is better than the next, I just couldn't see myself dropping a load of cash on something that only last a couple of hours. What we do after the wedding means more than the ceremony. There are alot of people that spend tons of money for a marriage that isn't really based on real love then they divorce and hate eachother. There's no way of knowing either, so why invest so much money in it. I'd rather put the money towards trying to make the rest of our lives easier and more enjoyable.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back