Black Relationships : How much security do you have in your relationship?

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Washington
So I was out the other night and ran into my guy friend. He was playing a pool game and when he saw me, he turned around to give me a hug and then a kiss on the cheek.
At that time I didn't even see his girlfriend there. But she got upset. You could tell that she was not happy that him and I were talking to each other, but our conversation was about my car accident and about fixing the a/c belt on my car. Anyways, she sat in between where he was sitting and where I was standing, and was like "Excuuuse me."

As I've noticed a lot of women do not like when I talk to their man...I've never once tried to get in between a man and his relationship, and for the most part I try to be cool with his gf. I definitely do not flirt with a man who I know is taken.

So here is my question:

If your man/woman is approached by a person of the opposite sex and your significant other kisses them on the cheek are you okay with it? Or does it get you bothered and upset?

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I have never been the jealous type. I know the difference in someone giving a friendly hug and peck and someone making a move. Moreover, it's on her to correct any doubts and make introductions. I view insecurity as weakness. I have some very good and quite stunning females friends. I'm talking elementary school, tag, hopscotch, jump rope days. I'm not giving them up

dunwiddat

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 17, 2012
So I was out the other night and ran into my guy friend. He was playing a pool game and when he saw me, he turned around to give me a hug and then a kiss on the cheek.
At that time I didn't even see his girlfriend there. But she got upset. You could tell that she was not happy that him and I were talking to each other, but our conversation was about my car accident and about fixing the a/c belt on my car. Anyways, she sat in between where he was sitting and where I was standing, and was like "Excuuuse me."

As I've noticed a lot of women do not like when I talk to their man...I've never once tried to get in between a man and his relationship, and for the most part I try to be cool with his gf. I definitely do not flirt with a man who I know is taken.

So here is my question:

If your man/woman is approached by a person of the opposite sex and your significant other kisses them on the cheek are you okay with it? Or does it get you bothered and upset?

I am not the jealous type, if this should happen it would not bother me. But for some insecure women/men this is something that could cause problems. Several years ago I worked with a friend of mine, he passed me by the busstop and gave me a ride. His wife was so upset...she kept grumbling all the time, after she left the car to do her shopping her husband and I came to our workplace. I told him frankly your wife is very silly, we are work colleagues and if she is secure why would your giving me a ride bother her...he then said you know alll women....I said nope...not all women...ONLY INSECURE WOMEN BEHAVE THIS WAY. If a man or woman have friends from childhood, should they just dismiss them JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE..It is total madness.

Josef

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 28, 2008
Occupation
Electrical wiring tech
Depends on how they know each other, like have they known each other for a while, or KNOWN EACH OTHER for a while? Lol. But for me i'd be suspect at first until i start to see how they regularly interact with one another. I'd try to be careful not to show that i'd trip, cause some smell weakness and pounce going outta their way to make you feel even more uncomfortable. My track record with females has lead me to be suspicious.

Me jealous or at times insecure?, yeah pretty much...
Not really into women nowadays as far as dating goes i mean we can kick it ...be best buds and i'd be cool with just that, no added benefits needed nor wanted.
So if i ran across my friend and she ran up kissing me on the cheek while she was with her man, i can say he'd have absolutely nothing to worry about, i dont get down like that.

Mikha'el

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 18, 2009
Somewhere
Occupation
Student
i would definetely ask about her relationship to this person. Idk if i'd be okay with such a gesture. I don't mind if my lady has male friends. Actions like that don't think i'd be tolerating.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days