Black Relationships : How much security do you have in your relationship?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by MsInterpret, Dec 14, 2012.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    So I was out the other night and ran into my guy friend. He was playing a pool game and when he saw me, he turned around to give me a hug and then a kiss on the cheek.
    At that time I didn't even see his girlfriend there. But she got upset. You could tell that she was not happy that him and I were talking to each other, but our conversation was about my car accident and about fixing the a/c belt on my car. Anyways, she sat in between where he was sitting and where I was standing, and was like "Excuuuse me."

As I've noticed a lot of women do not like when I talk to their man...I've never once tried to get in between a man and his relationship, and for the most part I try to be cool with his gf. I definitely do not flirt with a man who I know is taken.

So here is my question:

If your man/woman is approached by a person of the opposite sex and your significant other kisses them on the cheek are you okay with it? Or does it get you bothered and upset?

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148
    I have never been the jealous type. I know the difference in someone giving a friendly hug and peck and someone making a move. Moreover, it's on her to correct any doubts and make introductions. I view insecurity as weakness. I have some very good and quite stunning females friends. I'm talking elementary school, tag, hopscotch, jump rope days. I'm not giving them up

3. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

I am not the jealous type, if this should happen it would not bother me. But for some insecure women/men this is something that could cause problems. Several years ago I worked with a friend of mine, he passed me by the busstop and gave me a ride. His wife was so upset...she kept grumbling all the time, after she left the car to do her shopping her husband and I came to our workplace. I told him frankly your wife is very silly, we are work colleagues and if she is secure why would your giving me a ride bother her...he then said you know alll women....I said nope...not all women...ONLY INSECURE WOMEN BEHAVE THIS WAY. If a man or woman have friends from childhood, should they just dismiss them JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE..It is total madness.

4. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    Depends on how they know each other, like have they known each other for a while, or KNOWN EACH OTHER for a while? Lol. But for me i'd be suspect at first until i start to see how they regularly interact with one another. I'd try to be careful not to show that i'd trip, cause some smell weakness and pounce going outta their way to make you feel even more uncomfortable. My track record with females has lead me to be suspicious.

Me jealous or at times insecure?, yeah pretty much...
    Not really into women nowadays as far as dating goes i mean we can kick it ...be best buds and i'd be cool with just that, no added benefits needed nor wanted.
    So if i ran across my friend and she ran up kissing me on the cheek while she was with her man, i can say he'd have absolutely nothing to worry about, i dont get down like that.

5. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    i would definetely ask about her relationship to this person. Idk if i'd be okay with such a gesture. I don't mind if my lady has male friends. Actions like that don't think i'd be tolerating.

6. Thelma Jackson-Smith

Thelma Jackson-Smith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +161
    My relationship has high security.

My husband doesn't do anything overly flirty with other women. I don't do this either with men.

For our marriage (which is 12 years) this does work.

7. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    This is laudable...flirting is different from a friendly hug or kiss...particularly if both persons were friendly for years...what about childhood friends and family friends. At times we can say our spouses don't do x or y but we do not walk with them. I trusted my ex too..he was the jealous type although I never gave him reason to. The only person we can be certain about is ourselves...and at times we can even deceive ourselves. The heart of mankind is deceitful and desperately wicked..who can know it Jeremiah 17.9

Please don't think I am questioning the sincerity of you or your husband I am just stating a fact of human nature.

8. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411

CONGRATULATIONS!!

9. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148

Did he introduce you to his girlfriend first before you two started your conversation, and before he hugged and kissed you?

Some women don't care about their men speaking to old friends. It's the fact that their men forgets to introduce them.

See i have old friends, myself, that i see occasionally and most of the time i introduce myself to their significant other first just to show my respect. That way nobody gets the idea that i'm trying to steal their man.

10. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    No he has never introduced me and her, even several times before this time...I've seen her before and people say that that is his gf but he never told me that himself...She knows who I am, so there is no need for introductions.