Black Relationships : Help me ya'll!!!

mahoganyqueen

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 21, 2003
Occupation
student
Strong, intelligent black women I need ya'll to help me. Seven months ago I started my first real, deep relationship. It has also been my longest. This relationship has been an adventure for me and also a learning experience. I have found that I am a person who wants to "wear the pants" in the relationship. I have always been a take charge kind of person. Unfortunately, I have found out that you cannot be this way in a relationship. People say that I constantly "check" my boyfriend. I always deny this accusation, but in the back of my mind I know it's true. He just recently said that I treat him like that and its got to stop. I am afraid of becoming a submissive woman in the process of trying to be a "good" girlfriend. How do I find the harmony of not losing my warrior side without surpressing his? Help me out. :confused:

ok ma, look. i know exactly what u feelin. the problem is, you haven't stated why you keep checking him! is it insecurity? or u just don't trust him?
you see, a relationship goes both ways. and if one side is starting to trip, the relationship falls! it's nothing that i can fix, or anybody else. it's all in the communication between the two of you as a whole.

how to stay a warrior? well firstly, keep your dignity. there are certain limits/boundaries that your man just can't cross! but as a woman, you must remember that a man lookin weak to a woman in front of his friends is a whole lot worse than his butt showin at a football game! let him keep his ego by not checking on him, be more of his woman than his mother.
secondly, you must also always tell yourself that the skirt fits you, and so do the pants. the new age remember? you gotta make sure it's an equal relationship. he can cook too! you don't have to do it all, thats the beauty of it. and until you gatt the hang of that, you are a true warrior!!!

i dunno if this helps, but i tried. good luck.
much love. plain.

Do you check him because you have been lied to before? Pushing on him the quilt of another will send him running for the door. In a relationship one has to take into consideration the wishes of their mate. When this isn't a component. Then the relationship becomes dead weight. Don't deny the truth. It's a reality you should face. Tell him if you can the reason you know why you check on his pace. Plain laid out some good reasons, and some advice I find is true. If you don't be somewhat submissive how can he show he will take care of you? If he isn't doing it. In a way you think he should. Then take out your tools of taking charge is something you should do.

Good Luck...

I feel you deeply and know it is not easy to let go of control. I was recently married (Oct. 2) after spending the first twenty years of my adult life on my own. Suddenly the things that people admired and made it possible for me to survive in the single life were wron, selfish, inconsiderate, controlling. I had a lot of adjusting to do. Fortunately my husband understood all this and was willing to work with me. I'm not saying we never had a knock down drag out fight but we worked together.

One of the things I had to learn was to never ever argue with or correct him in front of others. Silence is an art, not for the weak but for the wise. If you disagree with something take it home and let him know there. Lay out your concerns as someone who can reasonably negotiate with him not someone who is demanding to have things your way.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back