Black Relationships : Giving Your Partner Access to Your Accounts

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
Would you feel comfortable giving your partner your passwords to your emails, and whatever else you do on the internet and your cell phone? Why or why not? If you don't give your passwords to your partner, wouldn't that mean you are hiding something? why or why not? where is the fine line between not being so private with someone you are with and just letting them have access to all of your personal stuff, at what point is it being secretive or hiding something?

Would you feel comfortable giving your partner your passwords to your emails, and whatever else you do on the internet and your cell phone? Why or why not? If you don't give your passwords to your partner, wouldn't that mean you are hiding something? why or why not? where is the fine line between not being so private with someone you are with and just letting them have access to all of your personal stuff, at what point is it being secretive or hiding something?

Legit, when I decide its going to be me and you, I let you read all the old love letters. Any emails of note, etc. But giving you my password(s)? If showing you up front isnt enough, then I've made a BIG mistake

being entitled doesn't mean you get whatever you want...just because you want it. i'm entitled to my privacy. i'm entitled to be trusted by the woman i'm with. as such, should she not trust that she have no need to access my accounts...to invade my privacy? why do i have to be hiding something because she have no business in my personal business. if you walked into your living room and found your man digging through your purse, wouldn't you be offended that he was going through your stuff? yet, he's entitled to do so.

DO YOU GIVE YOUR ACCESS INFORMATION TO YOUR MOTHER/FATHER/SISTER/BROTHER? if not, does that mean you're hiding something...or that whatever's in your accounts is none of their business...and you don't want them in there?

in the case of a mate, it could just mean that they want you to respect what's theirs...and understand that what's theirs isn't necessarily yours...even in marriage. that's why you have individual accounts and joint accounts. if you want joint information, get a joint account--email, phones, etc. i didn't give up my life just because i got married. i still need ME time...i still need MY space...i'm still an individual. WE are one. i'm just me...not us.

i would be uncomfortable with her asking to access my accounts.

if you and i were together...and i asked for your access information, wouldn't you feel disrespected that i didn't trust you...that i would think you were trying to hide something from me...even if you gave it to me? would that inspire unity within the relationship?

lol @ try'n to get a Brother's passwords and stuff ... when he got 'em on lock ... :lol:

naww ... if you wanted someone to have access to your stuff, they'd not even have to ask ... you'd be giving it away, leaving pages open, passwords not even needed ... if that is what you wanted ... and likewise ... if he wanted that ... he'd be asking you to log in for him and check stuff ... and you'd not have to ask either ... if that's what he wanted.

Let everyone do what they want.
Great Topic! :toast:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back