Black Relationships : How to deal with your partner's *Depression*

I am just getting out of a relationship, in which my partner was depressed...alot of the time. I loved him, but it seemed aso if he was always down about something. It was like he always had a dark cloud over him. He made me feel down about life too. As time went on, I found that I was draining myself, in my attempt to pick up his spirits. Nothing made him really happy...at most, content. It became a full time job for me to deal with his depression.....I felt like saying *snap out of it!* I got so tired of him destroying my perception of life, that I got a psychiatrist for him. Kicking and Screaming he went, and was diagnosed with Bi-Polar.....now he is taking 3-4 different meds.....i tried to stick around to see how this would help...but by this point the emotional damage had already been done....he had become very abusive in many ways........

Anyone else dealing with someone with depression, and are SICK and TIRED of them being *down* all the time? Are you sick of having your light being snuffed out by their dark, distorted perception of the world? The littlest things piss them off? You can never detect their mood swings from day to day? If you feel me, please holla.....

:skillet: SNaP Out OF iT!!!!

Sweet apple, just curious, what sign was your ex man?

Meds are good for a kick off, but without proper counselling, diet, and excercise.. forget it.

exactly. Even the most drug driven psychiatrist would agree. Case studies (and common sense) show that most psychological disorders can only be properly treated with meds AND therapy. The meds are only a "temporary" fix............I don't know if this question has been asked, but was your boyfriend seeing a psychologist along with the psychiatrist?

Sweet apple, just curious, what sign was your ex man?

Girl...that negro was a LEO. A Fire Sign, as I am sure you know....I wish I knew that Caps and Leo's dont mix...

exactly. Even the most drug driven psychiatrist would agree. Case studies (and common sense) show that most psychological disorders can only be properly treated with meds AND therapy. The meds are only a "temporary" fix............I don't know if this question has been asked, but was your boyfriend seeing a psychologist along with the psychiatrist?

No... he stopped taking the meds, right after I left his raggedy behind, saying that he did not want to be dependent on any drugs for the rest of his life, that may mess with his liver and kidneys....

Girl...that negro was a LEO. A Fire Sign, as I am sure you know....I wish I knew that Caps and Leo's dont mix...

Sweets, in your case you guys could mix because you have Moon in Leo. I don't know how you and his other planets matched up but it would not have mattered because he had issues he needed to deal with.

I once knew a so called "diagnosed bipolar" Leo male, they ain't nothing nice at all. Sometimes I think it is more of Drama on their behalf than it is really bipolar. Leos crave attention and when they don't get it, they resort to all types of tricks to get the attention they feel they deserve. He probably lacked attention in his childhood and he probably had something in his chart that made him suseptable to bipoalrism in his chart.

That is why people need Astrology for knowledge of self. It is so easy to see bipolar in someones chart. A Leo who is bipolar needs an acting class, not meds or therapy sessions...I'm not kidding.

The meds only keep the bipolar down to a minimal as long as the meds are being taken. The meds don't cure the problem, they only make the person become dependant.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back