Black Entertainment : Tyler Perry potraying black men as evil?

he is.....

Would this explain why people accuse him of being a homosexual?

tyler has more than enough money to hire the best therapist out there.
he makes a choice : hold on to the abuse that happened and make it the centerpiece of his life or go get fixed.

he now has money and power. he choses to lead a sick existence for which he is rewarded by the system.

just another sick whore to me.

I hear what you're saying and understand your sentiment, but the numbers just don't work out to support what you are saying. Clearly their are many good brothers, no doubt. But, with a 72% unwed childbirth rate, that's a lot of Brothers that are not there in their childs life on a day to day basis. So, maybe for ever 2.7 negative stories there is one positive. (in the case of unwed mothers having to be mother and father on most days).

Here is the problem with the negative/positive insomuch as Hollywood is concern. We aren't all that interested in positive stuff. Don't believe me? Start a tread on something good, positive, something we should all be proud of and excited about...see how much interest it gets...the thread will die out within the first or second page. Now throw something negative up....see if you don't get 20 pages of interest.

The Cosby show was totally positive,and was one of the most successful sitcoms of all time. I am not saying all movies should be positive though.

The Cosby show was totally positive,and was one of the most successful sitcoms of all time. I am not saying all movies should be positive though.

Yes, that's a good point and I accept what you are saying. Black Sitcoms typically do well and even cross over. Good Times, Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons, Martin, Living Single, and The Fresh Prince of Bell Air all did very well, enjoyed commercial success and had crossover appeal.

On the other hand when it comes to serious dramatic attempts to tell the story of the Black Experience you just can't do it with artistic integrity without some gang bangers, some deadbeat dads, some crack feins, some drive by shootings, etc. etc. etc.

Last night, I watched Tyler Perrys "Daddys little girls". The main character was a very positive Brother. But, the movie also had drug dealers, an ex-wife that run off with the drug dealer, etc. This is reality.

How can the Micheal Orr story (Blindside Movie)be told without some negativity? IMO, the message we should get from these types of movies is that we have to clean up our act. If the movie is unrealistic, we can speak out against it, but if it's reality, we need to deal with the problem rather than become offended because someone pointed it out.

we all know that our youth and even adults love and feed into things negative
far greater then doing something positive.......
Tyler Perry came a long way and doing it and as one of our brothers we should
just support him and try understanding his true role and what message he trying
to pass......Not everything the brother do is negative against men .
He just puttin out there the truth and reality in today life

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back