Black Sports : Saturday 9 et/pt Lacy v Calzaghe ..Let's Go

MississippiRed said:
Old boy he fought ain't no punk Calzaghe is actually a decent fighter I just find it hard at times to be objective when looking at a Black fighter against a white one.......that Lacy didn't look like the Lacy I'm used to seeing though and that's real...not making any excuses he wasn't focused and looked like he forgot how to throw.........

Ditto on the being objective with a black fighter versus a white one. However it isn't just you brother Red. The Jeff Lacy that fought tonight was not the same one who I've been watching these past few years. He looked like he forgot how to fight. Indeed he did none of the things he usually does, and that was why he lost. Calzaghe was brilliant, and I take nothing away from his victory. But I think this fight had as much to do with Lacy not being mentally prepared as it did Calzaghe being better.

That White boy straight up whipped Lacy. Lacy needs better conditioning too. If you're gonna be professional, then be professional. Too many fighters aren't preparing for fights. That's why I give much love to Floyd Mayweather. No matter who he's fighting...he's always prepared. Now, this is not to say that he won't get the bighead and not prepare for someone one day. I think his drive is still determined by his desire to prove to folks that he is the best fighter out there. And with all of the fighters calling his name everytime they give an interview, he better not slip in his preparation for any fight from here on out.

Lacy just got his *** whipped. You punch a boxer and box a puncher. Calzaghe boxed the hell out of him and he had no answer. He has time to come back and be a great champion.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back