Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather Vs. Arturo Gatti this saturday

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by panafrica, Jun 22, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    On Pay per View, Floyd Mayweather, the most talented fighter in boxing will fight for the Jr. Welterweight Title. I expect him to systematically take Gatti apart and either stop him late or win an decision. For those who can afford it, this fight is a must see. Unfortunately I can't afford it (unless someone can recommend a black box hookup in the NYC/North NJ area), so I'll have to catch the replay next week.

2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Yes. I will be watching this fight. Gatti said in the countdown show for HBO that Mayweather is a little boy..and that he forgets that...and that he's gonna give Mayweather a whippin'...an ol' fashion whippin'. He also said that he's gonna take him into deep waters and punish him. :lol: I seriously doubt if it will get that far. I think Mayweather will seek to end it early.

I know one thing...Mayweather is gonna let those fists fly to let Gatti know how skilled he his...to show him the level of boxer he's in the ring with. This will take away some of Gatti's confidence. Then it's over from there.

I just hope that Mayweather doesn't do what he did in his first fight at this weight level...take punches to see if he could hang; although the person he was fighting isn't known for his punching power. That's not good.

3. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    I wont spend money on this fight because it is going to be as one sided as Wright vs Trinidad. Mayweather will win by TKO in the middle or late rounds.

4. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Mayweather said this at the press conference on Thursday.

I guess he's decided who he'll fight next after Gatti.

Vivian Harris cursed at Mayweather and accused Mayweather of ducking him. Things are getting a little interesting in this division.

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Vivian Harris does seem to be a fighter no one seems to want, but he hurts himself with long periods of inactivity.

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Complete domination by Floyd Mayweather! Arturo Gatti didn't even come close to beatin or hurting Floyd. He didn't really even land a punch on him. Floyd boxed beautifully, peppered Gatti with power shots, and completely embarrased him. A perfect performance by the best fighter in boxing!

7. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Comcast - I think I will look for other ways to catch the fights

I couldn't see the fight because of some "technical problem" they were having in my area. After missing 50 minutes of the fight, I canceled it. I'll have to catch the fight on saturday on HBO. :maddd:

8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    That is messed up Money....take my word for it, Floyd completely dominated. Gatti showed up, and did little else. I expected total domination, and that is what happened. Floyd was quoted at saying he was born not only to be a champion, but to be a superstar! He is both, Floyd Mayweather is a future hall of famer hands down. This young brother is heading for greatness.

P.S. On a side note Vivian Harris got knocked out, and lost his title. He came out looking wild, unbalanced, and undiscliplined. He tried to knock out his opponent early and was looking winded in the first round! His opponent took everything he had, and gave his own....finally knocking him out in the 8th round, with a left hook counter. It was ironic because Vivian Harris has been turning down some big money fights over the past year or so, because he thought he deserved more. He had opportunities to fight Kostya Tzsyu and Ricky Hatton, but passed. Yet last night he was fighting for only $70,000, and he lost his title. He took a gamble for pay-per-view exposure!

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Post Fight Comments

http://www.fightnews.com/richardson155.htm

10. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Mannnnnnn, I wanted to see this fight so badly. But, my access was not possible. I'll see it on Thursday night though. I guarantee you that.

I knew it was going to be a great fight. But, to pitch a shutout like this.... But Mayweather did a lot more boxing than brawling. That's good.

I believe the same thing is going to happen with Ricky Hatton as well. However, I don't think Ricky believes that. :lol:

I think a Mayweather vs Cotto fight will be a little slower because both of them are boxers. But, I believe Mayweather will get the best of him too.

Just a thought: Could Mayweather be the Tyson of this era? QQn