Black Sports : Floyd Mayweather Vs. Arturo Gatti this saturday

Mannnnnnnn, this fight was so one-sided I felt sorry for Gatti. Mayweather was on point. He did what he wanted with Gatti. Mayweather's speed was wayyyyy too much for Gatti. AND, I think Mayweather punches a lot harder than people give him credit for...like Roy. They may seem to pitty pat you but those pitty pats hurt...as evidenced by the swollen faces of their opponents.

I don't think Cotto or Hatton or anyone else in that division has a chance against Mayweather. They have to step their game up bigtime. Although, I think Ricky is gonna try and do to Mayweather what he did to Kosta. IT AIN'T GONNA WORK. Mayweather moves his feet...Kosta didn't. He just stood right there trying to go toe to toe and got caught too many times. Mayweather will fight Ricky like he fought Gatti...throw flurries and move. Once Ricky starts slowing down like Gatti, it's pinpoint precision boxing.

I wished Mayweather would have gotten the knockout before they stopped the fight. But, then again, I'm glad they stopped it...because Gatti was taking wayyyy too much punishment. Punching stats were ridiculous. Mayweather landed 10 times more power punches than Gatti did. That's too much punishment for anyone to take. I'm sure they took Gatti to the hospital to get checked out.

Monetary said:
Mannnnnnn, I wanted to see this fight so badly. But, my access was not possible. I'll see it on Thursday night though. I guarantee you that.

I knew it was going to be a great fight. But, to pitch a shutout like this.... But Mayweather did a lot more boxing than brawling. That's good.

I believe the same thing is going to happen with Ricky Hatton as well. However, I don't think Ricky believes that. :lol:

I think a Mayweather vs Cotto fight will be a little slower because both of them are boxers. But, I believe Mayweather will get the best of him too.

Just a thought: Could Mayweather be the Tyson of this era? QQn

Mayweather has no chance of being the Tyson of this era because he is not a heavyweight and most people dont know who he is , but he has an excellent chance to go down in history as one of the best fighters pound for pound.

oceolo said:
Mayweather has no chance of being the Tyson of this era because he is not a heavyweight and most people dont know who he is , but he has an excellent chance to go down in history as one of the best fighters pound for pound.

That he does, he definately is one of the best lightweights of all time...up there with Pernell Whitaker, Julio Cesar Chavez, and Roberto Duran.

oceolo said:

I didn't mean in the heaveweight division. I meant that he would dominate his opponents so convincingly that people would want to watch him in his respective weight division.

Displaying boxing skills aren't as exciting as knocking someone out. However, De La Hoya made his name by boxing and stopping guys. I'm sure Mayweather can too. He's the most exciting fighter out there right now...and the most dominate. Gatti would have been knocked out by Mayweather in the 7th or 8th round.

People watched Roy for the same reasons. He built his rep by outboxing his opponents and dominating them so convincingly that people thought he couldn't be beat. I can see Mayweather building that type of following through his ability to outbox his opponents by throwing flurries. Sugar Ray Leonard earned his rep the same way...so did Ali.

I think it can happen for Mayweather as well.

Monetary said:
I didn't mean in the heaveweight division. I meant that he would dominate his opponents so convincingly that people would want to watch him in his respective weight division.

Displaying boxing skills aren't as exciting as knocking someone out. However, De La Hoya made his name by boxing and stopping guys. I'm sure Mayweather can too. He's the most exciting fighter out there right now...and the most dominate. Gatti would have been knocked out by Mayweather in the 7th or 8th round.

People watched Roy for the same reasons. He built his rep by outboxing his opponents and dominating them so convincingly that people thought he couldn't be beat. I can see Mayweather building that type of following through his ability to outbox his opponents by throwing flurries. Sugar Ray Leonard earned his rep the same way...so did Ali.

I think it can happen for Mayweather as well.

Mayweather was certainly on his way to knocking Gatti out. Gatti's corner threw in the towel to save face. Gatti is a money making machine, and his corner throwing in the towel is better than getting counted out. I see Floyd settling down on his punches more, and his power seems to be increasing with weight. The knockouts are going to come.

One thing about Roy though...I don't know if you guys remember, but he was a knockout artist early in his career. When Roy one his 1st title against Bernard Hopkins in 1993 (vacant IBF), he only had 2 decision wins going into that fight. Only his other wins (30+) at that point were by knockout. Roy didn't consistently start going the distance until he moved up to light heavy.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back