Black Sports : James Toney vs Hasim Rahman this Saturday!

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by panafrica, Mar 15, 2006.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    They’ll be fighting for the WBC heavyweight title, in what is the best heavyweight match of the year so far (which isn’t saying much). Toney is usually in entertaining fights, so this should be pretty good. I’m cheering for Rahman, but my money is on Toney to make him miss all night long and pull out a decision victory. Check it out for HBO (which is free for everyone this weekend).

2. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I'm taking Toney knocking Rock out by the 7th.......I learned not to put money against Toney ever again.......and I know my prediction is sort of a long shot but I couldn't slide by the odds this cat is giving......if anything though Toney will make Rock look bad by making him miss a lot and Toney will stay busy and win in a decision...

MississippiRed

3. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    What's up brother Pan?

If Toney wins this fight this should answer all questions as to whether Toney is a ligitimate heavyweight. I believe Toney will win a 12 round UD.

Toney is a technically sound, emmensely skilled boxer who can beat just about any fighter out there. The only negative I see with Toney is his short stature. If Toney was a little taller and a little younger he could dominate this current heavyweight division.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I put my money on Toney to take this fight in 9 rounds

5. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    YEAH RIGHT smh talk about a disappointment :rolleyes: :read: Why did Toney REALLY believe that he could get through this with nothing but sparring prep???? :confused: Rock is younger than him and Toney should have trained to over compensate for that and *sigh* this fight was BORING and a let down smh

6. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    Man I was at my man's pad....ready to take his money ...........saw James walk into the ring looking like he had just ate 24 dam donuts .....I gave old boy my hunda and went back to my pad drink and watch the fight if you want to call it that.........a draw.....I can see giving James points on technical skill and the sharpness of his punches but Rock was the aggressor the whole fight he threw 933 punches.......even though his hit percentage was lower than James' but come on man.......now I'll say this...I give Rock credit man because he didn't talk no smack he was just like "draw" aight let's get the rematch done........I think if Toney was in better shape he would have beat Rock....pointed him out....Rock can take Toney's punch easily but Toney is too skilled a boxer for Rock to beat him if he's in good shape.....If they can motivate James and get him in the ring between 210 and 220 it'll be a whole lot different fight.......oh well....I'll get my money back when Floyd Jr. fights Super...........

Red

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    If Toney is still using steroids...then I pick Toney.

If not....I pick Rahman.

Either way, I think this fight will be pretty good unless Toney is out of shape. I haven't seen him fight for a while. You know what though, even when he's flabby, he's still charismatic...so I'll watch anyways.

8. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    Kente man I don't what to say I'm almost ashamed of you bruh.....they already fought man......come on fight fan.......they already fought and only by luck (Rock won that fight but it was ruled a draw)did I not lose hunid.(I did however have to go back over to old boy's pad to pick it up)...Toney came in fat as fat can be he was obviously more technically skilled than Rock and his punches were more crisp but he was so out of shape that he couldn't stay busy....if he had he would have won.....as it stood it was a draw.......you didn't miss anything....

Red

9. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    Kente sugah dont you worry you didnt miss a thing smh Toney looked like he was havin an asthma attack the whole fight smh

10. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    No, I didn't see the first one. I like boxing, but I'm not an expert or finatic. Either way, I think James Toney has pretty good fights from what I've seen. I mean they're not action packed, but he's skillful. He's usually pretty entertaining, but like I said if he's out of shape it may not be even though he's still charismatic. But I think I will still watch even because I've seen more entertaining Toney fights than boring ones. I won't pay for it though, I'd have to see it at someone's house. That's my policy with heavyweight fights in general.