Black Sports : Samuel Peter vs. Wladimir Klitschko this saturday

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by panafrica, Sep 21, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    This saturday the hottest prospect in the heavyweight division, Nigerian boxer Sam Peter, is going to take on Wladimir Klitschko. It should be an exciting matchup. I think Peter will have some problems with Klitschko's height and activity. However if he can get inside, and land some punches he should score the KO! It is going to be on HBO at 10EST. Check it out!

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/fights/featured.shtml

2. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I can't wait to see that fight!

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    People's champion

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4274480.stm

4. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    Are you a boxing fan Panafrica???? I'm a big time boxing fan myself.

Peter definitely has the power to KO Wlad (Wlad's china chin probably couldn't sustain a puch from leila Ali). But Peter must get inside, and stay busy inside, to beat wlad. If Peter can do that it will be one Klkitschko brother down and one to go. :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: And I must say nothing could make me happier right now.

Tired of the Klitschko's. Dislike his vile, racist fans even more. It's bad enough the Klitschko's are white. But imagine if the Klitschko's were Amerikkkan. Every Confederate flag waving, undecover racist would come out the closet. Geez!

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Is the sky blue?

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm tired of the Klitschko's as well (and yes Lennox beat Vitali), but as a boxing fan you know that white heavyweights get an unlimited number of title shots, until the either finally win or retire. Andrew Golota is a classic example.

7. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Wladimir won a decision over Samuel Peter, but I was not impressed by him. He had a 5 inch height advantage, and a 3 inch reach advantage over Peter.....yet he ran and held all night. He was also knocked down 3 times. Everytime Peter hit him clean, Klitshcko was hurt. If Peter improves his boxing skill (he was too one dimensional), I still think that he'll be heavyweight champ.

8. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +232
    I agree.

First, Sam has to get in better shape to chase this guy around the ring. Then, Sam needs to learn how to cutoff the ring so that he doesn't lose so energy chasing him.

Overall, it was a good fight for him. I wasn't thrilled about Sam taking those left/right hand combinations down the pipe from Wladi. He has to do something about that too.

I think if Sam is in better shape next time, he'll knock this guy out. But, I give him an "A" for effort...because he almost pulled off the upset with a knockout.

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Peter needs to be in better condition from now on, and he also needs to throw his right hand. All Wladimir was worried about was Peter's left, which he mostly blocked. Wladimir was wide open for the right hand, and if Sam Peter would have throw it, he would've won. Either was as I said I'm not impressed with the Klitschko brothers, they aren't the best fighters in the heavyweight division...they are just the biggest. As soon as they meet another fighter their size with decent skills both will lose.

10. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +232
    Very true about the Klitschko brothers.

Sam needs to learn how to set up his big punches. He just starts throwing punches in bunches with bad intentions but no strategy at fighters. He'll get better at it though. I think he learned a lot in this fight.