Black People : PBS : Independent Lens; Banished

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
:qqb005: :SuN029: :10100: :em4000: I saw this documentary yesterday. It is a story of different families whose ancestors were violently removed from their homes in the 'Jim Crow' south. It deals with what these families went thru just to get the existing communities to acknowledge what happened. Which of course was met with stiff resistance and in some cases violent. As in Forsythe County, Georgia. :yesno: As a person who is easily riled when watching things like these. ( I wanted to get my carbine and a thousand rounds of ammo and do damage to some rednecks after watching this. lol ) I would advise you take valium 1st :lol: :lol:
:qqb005:

I think that there a book on this too. I was reading this book about Jim Crow and one account of people of Jim Crow was saying that, some white person had given them land and all and the sons of this man didn't like it and the house mysteriously burned down. Everyone tried to get out and two small children died in the fire.

Man Jim Crowism is horrible because there are still the silent Jim Crowism these days, You know? All across tha nation.

I feel you right here. I'll have to see if I can find this video. PBS has some good educational movies, I have to give them their props.

Desert Storm

Desert Storm said:
I think that there a book on this too. I was reading this book about Jim Crow and one account of people of Jim Crow was saying that, some white person had given them land and all and the sons of this man didn't like it and the house mysteriously burned down. Everyone tried to get out and two small children died in the fire.

Man Jim Crowism is horrible because there are still the silent Jim Crowism these days, You know? All across tha nation.

I feel you right here. I'll have to see if I can find this video. PBS has some good educational movies, I have to give them their props.

Desert Storm

:10200: We dont need reparations for slavery. We definately need reparations for 'Jim Crow' !!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back