Black People : Dr Molefi Asante Refutes Skip Gates PBS show

Was just talking to a friend about this the other day...Never been a fan of Gates or Kwame Appiah who also teaches at Harvard...they are always looking to blame Black people for everything....
Appiah is a 'poor mans' skip gates. 'They' figured that if they use an afrikan it would lend credibility to gates pedagogy.

Appiah is a 'poor mans' skip gates. 'They' figured that if they use an afrikan it would lend credibility to gates pedagogy.

Pretty much...I HATED being forced to read his book, but at the same time I'm glad I did because I kinda know how to look at both when they come out with specials like the one airing on PBS right now.

I watched the first episode of Gates's PBS special and to my amusement Gates acknowledge there were two blacks Moors (Estevanico The Moor & Juan Garraldo) that traveled with Spanish explorers to the “New World” a hundred years before the first arrival of slaves to America. THIS IS NOT NEW INFORMATION. Dr. Carter G. Woodson, Dr. John Henrik Clarke, Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, and Professor Leo Wiener documented and provided evidence of black Moors traveling with Spanish conquistadors decades ago. So why is Gates getting around to reporting this now? More importantly Gates conveniently fails to inform viewers why the Spaniards had black Moors as guides. Because West Afrikan muslims knew of the ancient trade routes to the Americas long before Columbus. Nor did he mention the Moors occupation in Europe for 800 years and how the Moors losing control of Granada, Spain, leads to the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade. Was this was a simple oversight on Gates? No it was not it was a deliberate omission of the truth.

This clown pops up regurgitating nonsense that has been taught about Afrikan history by white people. Even whites know that most of the "history" they publish is BS. They spent the last 200 years socially engineering and ethnically cleansing the history books and creating all sorts of pseudo history and anthropology to support their paradigm. So we must ask ourselves how is it possible for a Harvard professor and “scholarly intellectual” such as Gates to exclude important aforementioned facts? And if subscribers don’t know the answer please don’t bother with a reply because they are part of the problem. All they're doing is perpetuating orchestrated establishment lies to keep negroes apathetic and ignorant which is the desired result.

Negro apologist such as Gates is why there is much disinformation about Afrikan history particularly the racial origins of Ancient Kemet. Gates once said "we certainly know the ancient Nubians were black but we don't know about the race of the ancient Egyptians." That's absolute nonsense. Gates was a guest on a radio program I listen to. The host of the show (Matsimela Mapfumo) repeatedly pressed Gates about the major differences between tribal slavery in Africa opposed to European chattel slavery and the Atlantic slave trade. Gates suddenly became afflicted with amnesia because he failed to answer such a simple question. He is a weapon of white supremacy which is why he's given access to the media to put together "Documentaries". If Gates has no idea what race the ancient Kemetians were or can't distinguish the difference between tribal slavery in Africa (as Dr. Molefi Asante eloquently conveyed) and dehumanizing European chattel slavery then he has no business commenting or writing on such scholarly matters.

Gates has criticized Dr. Diop, Dr. Clarke, and others yet he consistently fails to explain how or why these great men are wrong. Typical cop out behavior and coward from an establishment shill. He's a charlatan. Typical white man's pet. Period. Gates must be politically correct for his white colleagues at Harvard. He doesn't want to upset or offend the same whites that signs his payroll check. The hell with the truth or objectivity. I fail to see any integrity nor respect a man like Gates. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see this establishment-appointed HNIC is full of it. And don't get me started on Gates's lust for white women. Please read these excellent articles refuting Gates from Dr. Clarke and Ishmael Reed.

Dr. John Henrik Clarke's Response To "Black Demagogues and Pseudo-Scholars"
http://www.raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/henrik22.htm

Post Race Scholar Yells Racism by Ishmael Reed
http://www.counterpunch.org/2009/07/27/post-race-scholar-yells-racism/

I watched the first episode of Gates's PBS special and to my amusement Gates acknowledge there were two blacks Moors (Estevanico The Moor & Juan Garraldo) that traveled with Spanish explorers to the “New World” a hundred years before the first arrival of slaves to America. THIS IS NOT NEW INFORMATION. Dr. Carter G. Woodson, Dr. John Henrik Clarke, Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, and Professor Leo Wiener documented and provided evidence of black Moors traveling with Spanish conquistadors decades ago. So why is Gates getting around to reporting this now? More importantly Gates conveniently fails to inform viewers why the Spaniards had black Moors as guides. Because West Afrikan muslims knew of the ancient trade routes to the Americas long before Columbus. Nor did he mention the Moors occupation in Europe for 800 years and how the Moors losing control of Granada, Spain, leads to the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade. Was this was a simple oversight on Gates? No it was not it was a deliberate omission of the truth.

This clown pops up regurgitating nonsense that has been taught about Afrikan history by white people. Even whites know that most of the "history" they publish is BS. They spent the last 200 years socially engineering and ethnically cleansing the history books and creating all sorts of pseudo history and anthropology to support their paradigm. So we must ask ourselves how is it possible for a Harvard professor and “scholarly intellectual” such as Gates to exclude important aforementioned facts? And if subscribers don’t know the answer please don’t bother with a reply because they are part of the problem. All they're doing is perpetuating orchestrated establishment lies to keep negroes apathetic and ignorant which is the desired result.

Negro apologist such as Gates is why there is much disinformation about Afrikan history particularly the racial origins of Ancient Kemet. Gates once said "we certainly know the ancient Nubians were black but we don't know about the race of the ancient Egyptians." That's absolute nonsense. Gates was a guest on a radio program I listen to. The host of the show (Matsimela Mapfumo) repeatedly pressed Gates about the major differences between tribal slavery in Africa opposed to European chattel slavery and the Atlantic slave trade. Gates suddenly became afflicted with amnesia because he failed to answer such a simple question. He is a weapon of white supremacy which is why he's given access to the media to put together "Documentaries". If Gates has no idea what race the ancient Kemetians were or can't distinguish the difference between tribal slavery in Africa (as Dr. Molefi Asante eloquently conveyed) and dehumanizing European chattel slavery then he has no business commenting or writing on such scholarly matters.

Gates has criticized Dr. Diop, Dr. Clarke, and others yet he consistently fails to explain how or why these great men are wrong. Typical cop out behavior and coward from an establishment shill. He's a charlatan. Typical white man's pet. Period. Gates must be politically correct for his white colleagues at Harvard. He doesn't want to upset or offend the same whites that signs his payroll check. The hell with the truth or objectivity. I fail to see any integrity nor respect a man like Gates. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see this establishment-appointed HNIC is full of it. And don't get me started on Gates's lust for white women. Please read these excellent articles refuting Gates from Dr. Clarke and Ishmael Reed.

Dr. John Henrik Clarke's Response To "Black Demagogues and Pseudo-Scholars"
http://www.raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/henrik22.htm

Post Race Scholar Yells Racism by Ishmael Reed
http://www.counterpunch.org/2009/07/27/post-race-scholar-yells-racism/

Very well said.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back