Black Spirituality Religion : Islam or Christianity

i appreciate your comment

Based on the definition given above wind without air is not wind and thus it must be defined as something else which is what I call the 'flowing energy'.

ah ha!

thanks man

:thanks:

Back To Your Question:

Hi everyone, first I would like to thank Destee (and family) for providing such a warm positive and informative site :)

Okay, so basically I am a young woman who lost a relative at the beginning of this year and although it was something to be expected it still came as a shock to me. This affiliated with a few other events have led me to think about becoming more religious or spiritual even. My issue however is I am having a hard time choosing whether to follow Islam or Christianity; my background is traditionally Christian and though I know the main stories I cant say I was ever really brought up to actively practice it. I've never attended Sunday school or really looked at the bible and now that I am trying to study Christianity I am having difficulty grasping the concept of the Trinity such as how can Jesus be God and be the Son of God? I too find myself wondering whether Jesus really is God and whether he sacrificed himself for our sins?

After doing some research on the origins of Christianity I discovered some things that I had never known before. I discovered that in the early days after Jesus' death there seemed be two kinds of Christianity; one was an extension to Judaism and were basically Jews (and gentiles) who had accepted Jesus and believed that he would bring in the Kingdom of God. They still kept to all the commandments, believed in the Sabbath and circumcision and stuck to Jesus' teachings. The other came about after the apostle Paul (who previously acted as a persecutor to the followers of Jesus) claimed to one day have a vision of Jesus in which he was temporarily blinded. After this vision he went on to preach in Jesus' name even though some of his revelations were contradictory to Jesus previous teachings, he too added onto the teachings and had never even met Jesus; furthermore he allowed for pagan traditions to be included bringing to you the Christianity that we have today. I suppose you guys probably already knew this but I certainly didn't.
Right now I am currently feeling Islam along with the idea that there is but one God and Jesus were only a prophet. However something inside of me is not allowing me fully to convert I am not sure what it is. Some people view Islam as a violent religion because the Quran along with the Prophet Mohammed's life contain quite alot of violence therefore it cant possibly be from God. Christians believe that Mohammed was a fake prophet. In addition ex Muslims claim that Islam is nothing more than a cult with political aspirations hidden under the guise of religion. So I am not sure where exactly to go.

With all that said I was just wondering whether I could ask some questions
I would like to know whether there any Muslims or Christians on this site?
Did you always practice this religion if not why did you decide to switch?
Are there any ex Christians or Muslims?
Also why do you believe what you do?
Or perhaps you dont believe in organised religion and are instead spiritual; so what do you practice and what led you to this?

I know these questions are personal so you don't have to answer if you dont feel too. I am just looking for other peoples' perspective on things as right now I feel really alone .

I would personally stay away frm organized religion and study our story. Dont place urself in a position of being controlled. Study Kemet which is the foundation of all religions.
Peace

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

I understand exactly where you are coming from and the point that you are making seems logical but the point that I was making was that on this planet these are the laws which govern us strictly - but outside of this planet those laws do not govern the universe.

The 2nd law of motion states - "Force equals mass times acceleration (F = ma). Wind is not in the equation and so wind and motion are not synonymous. The point that I was making to brutha Music Producer was that wind in the scriptures equal 'Ruach' which means spirit.

Wind is indeed created once motion builds momentum but if there is no momentum then there is no wind because wind is the creation of and not the creator thus the 'Ruach' which is wind/spirit of the scriptures is an earthly elemental. Can there be wind like forces such as the Sun's solar flares/storm which are identified as winds, yes and I must digress my argument on this point because I'm not trying to win an conversation but as you said, 'learn' from each other. Earlier I made the point to state that Jupiter's has winds so there has to be wind outside of this planet.

Based on biblical interpretations, spirit is equivalent to god (john 4:24) and I was trying to show him how the supreme being of this planet would be the 'Ruach' which is 'Wind'. Outside of this planet, wind has no power but is created when needed, such as with momentum and thus as the created, it cannot be the god of the creator.

I definitely understand where you are coming from - especially using examples such as comets and the gases trails that it leaves behind and so forth so I definitely digress on those points yet, motion is the creator and even motion has its motivator. With this being said, if the Ruach is wind then the god of this world i.e. spirit must in fact be wind and thus the supreme being of this planet must in fact be the Elementals (Fire, Water, Air and Earth) i.e. the Neteru/Nature.

This has definitely been a pleasure of course ...

Peace and Blessing

ru2religious,

Well said, very well put, although I accept the ignoring of my posts, I do thank God that this is an open forum, which affords me the right of input, in spite of, lol.

ru2religious,

Well said, very well put, although I accept the ignoring of my posts, I do thank God that this is an open forum, which affords me the right of input, in spite of, lol.

Awww man I didn't even see the post or it slipped past me so I will look for it right now to respond ...

My bad,

Peace and Blessings

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Awww man I didn't even see the post or it slipped past me so I will look for it right now to respond ...

My bad,

Peace and Blessings

Seriously ru2religious, I'm fine, really! You are doing great with the dialogue, and its very interesting. No need to follow-up with my posts, although I am glad that I never leave people hanging, lol, like so, so many around here do, lol.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back