Black Spirituality Religion : Judaism, Christianity & Islam

rasembi aunk said:
In my opinion there are different gods or god-forms that rule various religions hence the "character" differences in Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. Remember that there is a huge difference between the CREATOR and a god. Think of all of the times that "god" ask for a sacrifice or bloodshed in it's name in various scriptures. Sacrifices are usually done to feed a being energy to complete a task or give favors. If the Creator created life in this physical universe then logically it is the life-force itself so why would it need a sacrifice?

Maybe the people who are worshiping through the agency of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are being pimped of their life-force by alien gods?

I agree on your whole post and you are wholly correct about sacrifices. The supply of ase of the Source is indepletable so no need for IT to recharge with sacrificial offers from man. Also, one of my elders observed and asked to whom was the Christian God sacrificing his only begotten son to? According to Christian belief, God sacrificed Jesus, but to whom? It couldn't be Satan because the Christian God is supposed to be greater than Satan. And it couldn't be to himself, because that makes no sense. Sacrifice is the act of offering to a deity something precious. Now sometimes an orisa or vodu will kill an animal before an initiate can offer it to the deity, but its only after the sacrificial animal has been consciously selected for sacrifice. A sacrifice is not a sacrifice if the intent is not there.

I wrote something to the effect of minor gods in the Bible when I first came to Destee. Hopefully, I don't anger anyone for reposting it with a few minor editions and 2008 revisions.

A Blackbird Featured Repost:

A couple of days ago, I was discussing the names or titles for God in the Bible with a brother of mine, a Palo priest. As we were looking at descriptions of God, along with anthropological and historical research, my godbrother said some of the OT titles and characteristics for God were similar to Siete Rayos, a Palo nkisi (spirit) and Shango, a Yoruba orisa (spirit). Then when we went into the NT, we found that God now had the qualities and characteristics of Obatala, a Yoruba orisa. The NT god's son, Jesus, exhibited qualities of the children of Obatala, who are the priest/esses of Obatala.

Clearly, the personalities of both entities are distinct and at times, antithetical. Obatala and Shango can be regarded the same way. Shango is the "hotter", more aggressive and warlike orisa, whereas, Obatala is "cooler", a more fatherly, more reserved, moral creator of humanity. From an ATR perspective, there are 2 distinct entities illustrated in the Bible as both God, when neither could be since God (The Creator-Primogenitor of All) has no personality as the Source and Originator of all things being, becoming and living.

We came to the conclusion, that perhaps, Judeo-Christians elevated one particular spirit to the status of the All and his cult rose in prominence as the only one out of many. This could possibly explain the territorial, but covertly religious battles between them (Hebrews) and the "false" or other gods-worshipping Canaanites, hence, the origin of the fear of the OT's god of his "chosen" (particular cult group) worshipping other "gods". Following the timeline down, the emergence of Jesus represents the rise to dominance of another spirit over the pre-existing "God."

It is understood the OT god was a political statement, as much as, a religious one as it help to solidfy a group of 12 tribes into a confederation and subsequently, a nation-state. The OT god is referred to on many occasions as the "God of Israel", not the world, and the Israelites were his "chosen people." This can be incorporated into a national statement, very similar to the United States and its religious-national statement, "In God We Trust" or "One Nation Under God, Indivisible." The God of Israel is separate from the national or state gods of the surrounding people and as such, validates the uniqueness of the mission of the Israelite people and their "preferred" status in the region. It was a religion of identity, cultural survival and politics.

In the time of Jesus, the Roman conquest of Palestine and former Greek colonization introduced a more cosmopolitian aspect to Palestinian life. The Jews became increasingly Hellenized and were under a Roman system of governance, thus a new national statement to consolidate the people was required. The difference of this national statement was it reflected the new signs of the times. No longer independent and sovereign, the people of the Jewish cultural sphere, or rather a downtrodden Palestinian, mainly Galilean base, needed something to re-invoke national pride, as well as, offer a placebo-like effect to the tyranny and oppression they were experiencing with the hopes of seeking salvation in heaven. However, due to the foreign influence on the population, this national statement had to be more encompassing - its sphere of influence had to go beyond the old tribal affiliations of the Hebrews. "God" becomes less warlike, less jealous, less restrictive and less territorial. He becomes more forgiving, more loving, and universally cosmopolitian or shall we say, catholic. His statement became one of "peace" rather than "war." There was a transformation in the Judeo-Christian God as his worldview expanded from being tribalistic and narrowly-based to global. God got a Hollywood make-over.

If this postulation is even somewhat true, it seems at best, most Jews, Christians and Muslims have an imbalance going on with the energies of the universe, one that needs to be reconciled.

Again, this is only one person's interpretation and not intended to be offensive or a put-down. .

Blackbird

Brother Blackbird,

Greetings. In short, I agree. Which is why I have said before we are 'out of balance' and never will become one with Ma'at so long as we remain 'under the law' of the Torah, OT or Pauline Doctrine, and that includes the Qur'an as well.

Peace.

omowalejabali said:
Brother Blackbird,

Greetings. In short, I agree. Which is why I have said before we are 'out of balance' and never will become one with Ma'at so long as we remain 'under the law' of the Torah, OT or Pauline Doctrine, and that includes the Qur'an as well.

Peace.

Nsala malecum kotomaa O,

Indeed, my esteemed brother. Indeed.

Blackbird

godsmantru said:
Numbers 21: 5-9
Numbers 21: 1-9
1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies; then he fought against Israel, and took some of them prisoners. 2 And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt indeed deliver this people into my hand, then I will utterly destroy their cities. 3 And the LORD hearkened to the voice of Israel, and delivered up the Canaanites; and they utterly destroyed them and their cities: and he called the name of the place Hormah.

4 And they journeyed from mount Hor by the way of the Red sea, to compass the land of Edom: and the soul of the people was much discouraged because of the way. 5 And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.

6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died. 7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people. 8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. 9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

(John 3:14-15)
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; that whoever believes may in Him have eternal life

Book of the dead
"Osiris, I am your son, come to glorify your soul, and to give you even more power." - Horus, (Book of the Dead, Ch. 173)

The bible
"Now is the Son of Man glorified and God is glorified in him. If God is glorified in him, God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once." - Jesus, (John 13:31-32)

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53532

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back