Black Spirituality Religion : Malcolm X Judaism Christianity Islam One God

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Bast Bastet, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Bast Bastet

Bast Bastet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +57
    "I believe in recognizing every human being as a human being - neither white, black, brown, or red; and when you are dealing with humanity as a family there's no question of integration or intermarriage. It's just one human being marrying another human being or one human being living around and with another human being." Malcolm X

2. Bast Bastet

Ratings:
    +57
    Malcolm X

Family of Malcolm X
    [​IMG]

3. Bast Bastet

Ratings:
    +57
    MALCOLM X AFTER THE NOI

[​IMG]

El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, or Malcolm X, born Malcolm Little (19 May 1925 – 21 February 1965) was an American black nationalist leader.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Malcolm_X

4. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    And, this is why they killed him: he broke ranks with the cult by repudiaating racism. Racism is at the foundation of just about every American cult. Malcolm exposed this reality and this why they attacked him and eventaully killed him.

5. Bast Bastet

Ratings:
    +57
    Minister Farrakhan speaking on Malcolm X

Minister Farrakhan speaking on Malcolm X going to Mecca and White Muslims

6. noor100

noor100 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +566
    I love and respect Br. Malcolm as many do...even after he got back from Mecca he continue to speak out against oppression...the mosque he started is still going strong in New York.Islam is not a sit back and do nothing religion...It teaches to enjoin the right and forbid the wrong...and it is not against loving your own people as long as it duesn;t get into racism.
    Many Muslims have been tricked into thinking that Islam is ?colorblind? and that any concentration or discussion of race or ethnicity is divisive, anti-productive and is tantamount to al-'asabeeyah (racism & tribalism). To those Muslims I submit the following two statements ? the first one from the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace: Ubaadah ibn Katheer reported from a woman from among them called Faseelah who said: ?I heard my father say: 'I asked the Messenger of Allah, ?O Messenger of Allah, is it al-'Asabeeyah (racism & tribalism) that a man love his own people?? He said, ?No! But al-'asabeeyah is that a man helps his people in zulm (oppression and wrong-doing).'

This is from orthodox islam...

Our issue with Farrakhan is his teachings about who Allah is...Muslims do not believe the Creator whom we call Allah is a man...also we dont believe Islam is just for one specific race...if something is the truth it must be for all mankind...this do not mean we have to give up our own racial identity...i am proud to be muslim and proud to be black.

7. Bast Bastet

Ratings:
    +57
    Malcolm X & Cointelpro

8. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    Let me share my perspective. If we look closely at African history, we will learn that Islam has always been at the forefront of fighting European racism and colonialism in Africa. Of this there is no doubt. Evenso, revisionists and straight out liars have made it appear otherwise.

The west colonized Egypt and much of North Africa even before the Christian Era. When the Islamic Era began, the Muslims fought agianst those western European colonies and eventually defeated them. This is a porcess of liberation of colonized, oppressed Africans. But, they play a trick on our minds not by telling an obvious lie. Instead, they sneak into our minds by calling it the "Islamic conquest" of Africa. In other words, "Islamic conquest" is a lie. But, most of us do not catch the lie because we simply have not taken the time to think it through. So, we end up hating the Muslims for freeing Africa from western European colonization. That is insane on our part.

But, the liberation of Egypt was just the first of many examples of Islam fighting to defend Africa over many centuries of African history. We see that the resistance in Libya was almost continous. The same is true of Somalia. Both Libya and Somalia are pillars of the Muslim world. But, when we get to west Africa it becomes crystal clear because we are dealing with close relatives who look just like us. There, we will see that Guinea fought the French and eventually defeated them. What we often fail to notice is that the Guineans were and are predominately Muslims.

On the other hand, if we look at it through the eyes of African nationalism and Pan-Africanism, we go beyond west Africa. Marcus Garvey, for instance, was greatly affected and influenced by Islam although he never converted from Christianity. He was taught by Duse Muhammad Ali, from Egypt and Sudan (I mean "Arab" Sudan and Egypt). Thus, with Garvey and with Guinea we can see clearly that Pan-Africanism has always been intricately linked to Islam. So, we are not surprised to see Islam play a major role in the Union of African States in which two (Mali and Guinea) of the three states were overwhelmingly Muslim and the third (Ghana) had a major Muslim minority. The United Arab Republic consisted of two Muslim countries (Egypt and Syria). These two formations formed the foundation of what eventually became the African Union and the Arab League. Now, the move is on to include the entire Arab League in the African Union. So, all in all, it is about African Unity/Pan-Africanism.

9. noor100

noor100 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +566
    JazakAllah kyran for the history lesson...we know that there is a ruthless propaganda campaign going on against Islam but it is not stopping people from becoming Muslims.
    People plan but God laughs...If we remember that we will be okay,Allah willing.

10. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622

This is a nice fairy tale.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. malcolm x family

2. malcolm x in sudan