Black Spirituality Religion : AUSAR AUSET SOCIETY - WHAT DOES IT DO THAT CHRISTIANITY OR ISLAM DOES NOT???

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
I have purposely posed this question in the OPEN FORUM because it is not, per se, a religion/spirituality doctrine issue, but one which seeks to expose to us all what it is that makes this orgainzation the choice of so many of our brothers and sisters here at Destee... I am seeking to find out why one would choose this religious organization over another, and have a discussion on it...

Now, let me put my full deck of cards on the table... Firstly, I am no fan of organized religion, though a staunch believer in the Universal Power and Oneness of the Universe... I believe that ONENESS has made us all GODS in our own right, as IT thinks and acts through us. I do not believe in the NEED to be connected in GOD through institutions, though I believe those institutions can, and sometimes DO, serve a great purpose... If I do admit to a preference for African Traditional Religions, it is because they seem to perpetuate the CULTURE of Africa and Africans, and not because I am so impressed what what they do for our communities, or represent on a spiritual level... What I must have on a spiritual level is the ONENESS(BALANCE, some might call it)that ATR's do not seem to bring to the table...

In fact, I think Christianity actually brings more BALANCE to the table("faith without works is DEAD") than ATR's, because I can SEE where SOME Christian organizations BUILD more than people's hopes... And certainily, ISLAM builds more for our communities economically and Academically than either the ATR's or Christianity combined - or, at least, I am, again, able to SEE what they have done, and are doing...

Here, in Bedford Stuyvesant, that most populous Black Community in the continental United States, I can SEE what these African American and Continental African Muslims have built along Fulton Street, an avenue that stretches into our downtown area here... Their mosque is the largest in the city of Brooklyn, and their businesses have crept along that long avenue, and are encroaching, now, on the downtown area... They are in essence, a powerful presence in the economic resurgence of this area, and are making a downpayment on what is sure to be an economic goldmine for the future... Meanwhile, Ausar Auset Community USED to have a massive school building just blocks away, in a time when nothing was happening out here, and now they are no where to be found...

I am saying this all not to be longwinded, but to reinforce my earlier point that there must be some balance... It cannot all be about spirituality and intellectuality, but a practical application and inspiration found in all our preaching, praying, and meditation... If it's about THAT, then we got Christianity, and the shameless huckstering we rail against, just cloaked in African garb and language... So, shortstorylong, I am interested in knowing from the followers of these ATR's, just WHAT they and you are doing in pragmatic terms, to make our communities a better place econimcally and educationally??? Again, I would like for us to have an open and honest discussion NOT about your religion, but how that religion is teaching you to practically apply what you have learned so that YOU can be of benefit to our communities...

Peace!
Isaiah

jamesfrmphilly said:
it gives me knowledge of self that allows me to overstand what my environment is for real.
that makes me more comfortable and serene in my self.
it makes me feel better about my people.
lastly, it make me sexy as all get out.........

But couldn't simple introspection give you knowledge of self......and what does overstand mean and dun'nt a lot of religions, meditation thangs and other stuff make folk more comfortable in their environment and serene....I'm not getting into the sexy stuff James I know the ladies here luv u from can to can't ..........
and what does overstand mean....???

I think any religion or society or whatever is all the same folks put down Christianity but it does the same as Islam, and ATRs and whatever else folk come with.....

Everybody talks bout what they KNOW...don't know nutin.......they choose to believe and have faith......Knowing is this.......I know my right foot hurt when I wear my Kenneth cole laceups.......I know my youngest son is sneaky as hell just like his Daddy, I know my gyp whisky is a cannibal.....I know I love Powers & Son Irish Whisky..........I know one day I'm gon die what I don't know is anything after that..................folk say this and that but to me all them religious systems are the same.......some just put in more work in the community than others.......just make yo choice believe what you will and go with it......cuz to me regardless of what folk say we won't KNOW nutin til we on the other side of the road...

Where I'm from though Isaiah ....the church (Christian of course) works hard to uplift the Black community and the hood....I can't speak for nobody else but in my part of the country ain't no Muslims or ATRs and if it is they ain't doing nothing in the communities where we push that drug and shoot like it's a hobby....they probably do more in the cities I don't know jes speakin on what I know.......even the rootworkers don't do nothin for them young boys and gals out there struglin.........anyway Isaiah my folk as always you come with the hard questions bruh.....you still my hero Brother........

MississippiRed
I like old schools, dogs, whisky, strip clubs, gettin BUCK and meetin young tender fine ones...oh I also like to fight whenever I can.....
did I say I like strip jurnts and young fine soft ones......oh and guns and knives......and huntin and fishin.......and fogdighting...... yuh...
yessuh.....yall hab a goodun yahurd.....

MississippiRed said:
But couldn't simple introspection give you knowledge of self......
put some gas inya car and start drivin and eventually you would get to new york.
but if you had a MAP you would get there a lot faster.
the metu neter is the map.

MississippiRed said:
..........I know one day I'm gon die what I don't know is anything after that..................
the metu neter will show you what is after that.

MississippiRed said:
folk say this and that but to me all them religious systems are the same.......
that is because they are all rooted in Abraham.
the metu neter is rooted in khemit.

MississippiRed said:
......cuz to me regardless of what folk say we won't KNOW nutin til we on the other side of the road...
if you think non linear, the other side of the road is not so far. i been there and back now.

jamesfrmphilly said:
put some gas inya car and start drivin and eventually you would get to new york.
but if you had a MAP you would get there a lot faster.
the metu neter is the map.

the metu neter will show you what is after that.

that is because they are all rooted in Abraham.
the metu neter is rooted in khemit.

if you think non linear, the other side of the road is not so far. i been there and back now.

Good points Brother James Thank you for the insight Bruh.....

MississippiRed

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back