Black Spirituality Religion : Interview: Mama Zogbe-The Sybils Ancient Prophetess of Mami Wata

My use of that exact terminology was in response to Awo's post. However, since you heard the interview a number of times, I am certain you caught the part where Mama mentions them not just being Divine, but also 'dark' sorcerers and witches???.....did you think, in context of how she discusses it, that she meant they were good??

It all starts with how one conceptualizes evil, which is not the same for ancient Africans and modern day Americans. That said, the sorcery aspect of the mothers was to protect them from men. Is that evil? If anything, they shoulda been doing a little more of that, so don't go looking to "evil" as the scapegoat. That's a Christian concept and doesn't apply. Dark does not mean evil. It means protection.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Precisely, and to pin point the exact reason for the misogngy that is prevalent in Christianity, Islam,Judaism and to some extent Hinduism. Humans suppress what they fear, and try to control what they do not understand. But nah! lets not talk about the big pink elephant in the room, lets use diversionary tactics to get around the crucial points of this great elder's work!

I'm sorry you feel that way, no diversionary tactics on my part, just an honest opinion of what I heard.

Precisely, and to pin point the exact reason for the misogngy that is prevalent in Christianity, Islam,Judaism and to some extent Hinduism. Humans suppress what they fear, and try to control what they do not understand. But nah! lets not talk about the big pink elephant in the room, lets use diversionary tactics to get around the crucial points of this great elder's work!

Who's trying to get around her work or even disrespect it?? It was SHE who said we need to find out what made us vulnerable PRIOR to the advent of the religious takeovers!!...come on now!

It all starts with how one conceptualizes evil, which is not the same for ancient Africans and modern day Americans. That said, the sorcery aspect of the mothers was to protect them from men. Is that evil? If anything, they shoulda been doing a little more of that, so don't go looking to "evil" as the scapegoat. That's a Christian concept and doesn't apply. Dark does not mean evil. It means protection.

Awo, even though she didn't go into great detail in that brief interview, that is not the context of how she discussed their use of sorcery and darkness (For the record, you know how I feel about using the terms 'light' and 'dark', as I've discussed that issue before, and you well know it. I am simply going by her use of the term.). Why would she conceptualize what would amount to self-defense as evil??....I certainly don't classify it as such.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back