Black Spirituality Religion : Interview: Mama Zogbe-The Sybils Ancient Prophetess of Mami Wata

Yes, I watched/heard the interview and intend to watch it again. Again, I will emphasize, you don't need to read countless books or even a mere one to simply understand that civilizations rise and they fall. If that is a GIVEN, then why have discussions and concerns about it?? I would presume since Mama took the time to write several volumes on our history and to take on that rare interview, she had a reason for doing that.....to learn a lesson that should not be repeated perhaps????

I don't think so, sister. My take is that she is trying to uncover a history that has been hidden; that history as presented is a lie. I don't hear her talking about not repeating it. Since we/they are not in power to repeat it. I would assume that she is more interested in returning women to their rightful place. can't put the cart before the horse. Her agenda is presenting herstory, in correcting the historical record. not the politics of the decline of civilizations.

Bro Clyde, I'm not interested in creating pockets of disagreement, nor will I allow the subject to be framed in a certain way. there is no mystery to internal conflict. I do not understand how it pertains to the modern day black man. Civilizations will rise and fall. That has been shown to be the case historically. Empires crumble as they lust for more and more control over more and more territory. This becomes too cumbersome and expensive, and the decline begins. Internal conflict is human nature. No mystery. I don't see this as Mama Zogbe's pursuit at all.

That's understandable awo, but are you going to explain the differences of evil as you stated:

awo dino said:
the patriarchal christian concept of evil is completely different than the concept of evil that Mama Zogbe alluded to. So if you try to start there, you will be in error from the get go

I'd like to hear that myself. I didn't realize there were different varieties of evil.

brother Clyde and sister Blacklioness, to explain the difference would entail much work on my part, especially when i would have to explain it has nothing to do with "varieties." Plus it would take the thread in a different direction. let me just say that "expansion and contraction" became "good and evil."

I don't think so, sister. My take is that she is trying to uncover a history that has been hidden; that history as presented is a lie. I don't hear her talking about not repeating it. Since we/they are not in power to repeat it. I would assume that she is more interested in returning women to their rightful place. can't put the cart before the horse. Her agenda is presenting herstory, in correcting the historical record. not the politics of the decline of civilizations.

Awo, you cannot separate these things, as they are all connected. You cannot have discussions about evil and the decline of civilizations without lies about history inadvertently being brought into the mix. Precisely what does the fall of a civilization look like?? We'd have to assume that a whole heap of ugliness comes packaged with it, right? You have a race of people who were once up being brought down, right?...well, if you are part of the group(s) who is benefitting from this phenomenon, then you have to understand that such cannot be accomplished through acts of kindness and love, right? You'd HAVE to engage in long-term, systematic, institutional acts of unspeakable inhumanity such that you get those being conquered to internalize their supposed lack of worth---historical, physical, genetic, economic, social, and otherwise. When you have a collective of people who've been functioning off these beliefs for as long as we have, then what you WON'T get is civilization. No, there is more to be uncovered here. Even Mama Zogbe recognized the limitations of an hour-long interview.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back