Black Spirituality Religion : Color Of The Cross film maker interview

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by gcuse03champs, Nov 8, 2006.

1. gcuse03champs

gcuse03champs Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone check out my interview with Jean Claude Lamarre the star and director of "COLOR OF THE CROSS" which depicts the last 48 hours of Jesus life in this movie which is the first to depict Christ as a black man. Mr.amarre talks about getting the film made, the reaction to a black jesus, and the lack of support from the black church.

Listen to interview here:

http://www.****************.com/page/page/3935548.htm

George Cook www.****************.com

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
  3. ANUK_AUSAR

ANUK_AUSAR Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Of course. Most Black churches will only claim that Jesus was Black to assuage their Greek sensibilities, by sweeping Black ink over the perennial figure of their philosophy.

There was a Black Santa Claus movement, too. But that don't change the fact that St. Nick was not from Mozambique. Black people in America just want to be comfortable with subjective truth and materialism, like every other group they see.

HETEP.

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    True indeed; People are content to have just enough of the "truth" to say that they have it, and nothing more.

In the meantime, for all the calls of Christianity starting in Africa, the reality is that were it not for the European elements that played the biggest part, it would never have manifested in any form, from the most palatable, to the most despicable.

Further, because of this element, Ethiopians find themselves in as much a precarious predicament, that African Americans do, in terms of ethnic and spiritual identity.......Because of this same Christian element that plagues both Black ethnic groups, we are both struggling to define ourselves beyond a 2000 and 500 year marks, respectively.

PEACE

5. ANUK_AUSAR

Ratings:
    +1
    What's more despicable is that these same "Ethiopians" (descendents of the Axumites) seem to prefer their ipso facto history's obscurity, so they can rattle off platitudes about their role in building Kamit, which is palpably devious and just WRONG.

HETEP.

6. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    And while so doing, make up all sorts of justifications for the aspects of Kemet that they care nothing for (i.e. the so-called "polytheism").....Much in the same way that the Arabs do, with regards to Pre-Islamic Arabia; quick to call it "savage", when it was ironically muchly African(oid) in the earlies times.

Arabs pride themselves for being Astronomers and such, but the reality is that not only did this occur during the Jahiliya (Age of Ignorance), but little to nothing scientific occured post-Islam.

http://www.al-islam.org/quraninislam/4.htm

I suppose they were too busy labeling us Black folk "raisin heads" and other such absurdities. :rolleyes:

PEACE

7. ANUK_AUSAR

Ratings:
    +1
    Are you familiar with a scholar named Jose V. Pimienta-Bey?

I've had his work on reserve for some time, but I want to get around to formalizing my thoughts on his conception of the racial dynamic in early Arabia, which he placed in preference to Diop's, which he considered "careless."

If I tell you he was a MOOR, that might clarify the reason for the disquiet on this subject.

HETEP.

8. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    They could have at LEAST taken into Simon Peter's Scripture account that Jesus was HANGED from a TREE. That would REFLECT us ALOT MORE in my OPINION. But that CURSETH CROSS which has become an IMAGE of molten GOLD DIAMONDS ENCRUSTED leading to DESTRUCTION with the IMAGE of a MAN never PICTURED in the SCRIPTURE as SUCH.

Yes, the BIBLE is at TIMES has NOTED CONTRADITION but to FOLLOW the same as EUROPEAN HOLLYWOOD WAY (ROLLING IMAGES) is considered 'IMITATION AS FLATTERY'

Acts 5:30
    The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Acts 10:39
    And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Acts 13:29
    And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

1 Peter 2:24
    Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Try a DIFFERENT SPIN that is ALL.

9. Major Tubbs

Major Tubbs Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +73
    You mean to tell me that the Black church was against a black jesus. wow. seems to that any black person would jump with joy about this or to hear that there is/was a black jesus. i guess they are stuck on a white jesus, i have a friend that deny's a black jesus. i tell her my jesus is black she get 44 magnum hot