Do Intelligent Brothas Feel Alone?

yes this is interesting and a good question...

i think anyone who not feels understood....

feels alone...

You can be in a big crowed with a lot of people..

with youre own people...(even with family)..

and still feel alone

there for its nice to know...

that there is always someone

who knows ...
how you feel....

and who understands you...

LoveAuroraflower:heart:

Deepvoice said:
One of my friends mom stopped him from getting an education because she said that she didn't want her son being a homosexual and til this day he is 19 years old with an 8th grade education because in she said "I want him to get out and learn them God D@mn streets and be a real man". This affected me greatly because I was the valedictorian of my 8th class but when I went to high school I had barely a 2.0 GPA because I just didn't want to be soft and cause I was man, I know I was wrong now I shouldn't have been so stupid and weak minded. In our community there are very few good black men or strong black women I'm saying that with no bias but with what I've seen in my short life. True strength/power doesn't allow itself to be fully understood, it so illusive that it never allows itself to be confronted only in anonymity can it really truly exist. I'm only 19 years old and I know we got to stop putting black men down and praising black women because it only leads to deception and more confusion.

The example your friend's mother set for him is truly sad. Fortunately you eventually saw it as the wrong message, before you headed down a similar path.

Yeah but I think this goes on alot so much that is the norm especially on the West Side of Chicago. People like Jeff Forte,Shorty Freeman,Hoover, and David Barksdale wouldn't had made it to gangsta history if it wasn't for their mothers help in the whole mess. Every single one of these guys mother helped them along the way and ask any Crip or GD about them and they will tell you. One is no better than the other in our community or any other so we should stop acting like they are.

For example I know this girl that had a baby and she had been messing with more than one guy and asked her how she going to tell the baby who the daddy is and she told me "who ever I chose to be the baby's father will be the baby's father". Like genetics mean nothing in the whole matter which is extremely crazy. The people in our community(hood) are straight ignorant male or female and we should realize that without any bias at all. My half-sister who shares the same father as me just got married when her husband and mother got into a disagreement in HIS house she turned to her husband said "I can't let you do that you know mother comes before husband" I was shocked and amazed my own sister said some insane and ignorant stuff like that. Why even get married if you think like that? That is the kind of stuff I'm talking about I am being raised in a 2 parent household so this type of stuff is foreign to me, my sister grew up excuse my language a bastard because of my father who was young wouldn't take care of his responsibility back then.

Fatherless children will have a different take on many things and their opinion will usually be skewed and those are facts. In fatherless households a real man has a large male membrane,big muscles,short temper,ill witted,can work with tools, and no respect for authority figures. In my father's time who is 55 years old now told how kids without fathers in their house was not nearly as common as today and this didn't really start happening until the Vientam War and how things like welfare and many other things including the Vietnam war itself helped cause this. It was along this times when names that don't mean anything were being invented and disrespect of the father figure was common cool. Forgive for the bad sentences I took year out of school and I'm about to go back in this fall so I'm definitely going to get my butt kick when I go back,lol.

Sometimes I do feel ostracized, not because of my intelligence, just for the color of my skin. Society does have a major part in it though. Although, it is more troublesome when getting this unwelcomed treatment from our own people. Some people act like it is an aberration if a brother does not have children out of wedlock, on drugs, uneducated, etc. Oh, well I know who I am so I just keeping on doing the right thing. Everybody is not going to be your friend and that is okay with me.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back