Brothas, Am I Right to Feel Insulted?

Would you try to start something with a woman when you don't have a job?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Brothas, I know this is a question that sistas like to ask each other, but I wanted to get your perspective on this.

The other day a brotha stepped to me. The man lives with his daughter and they don't have a phone. I assume he doesn't have a job either, but I didn't ask him all that. He had stepped to me once before and used the southern code words "Can I come see you" a la Mae West "Come up and see me some time." I declined as graciously as I always do, but as I walked away I suddenly felt kinda offended. This man is crashing on his daughhter, ain't got nothing and gonna step to me without an ounce of shame like I ain't nothing. Just step to me with any old kind of raggedy mess. I could not help feeling insulted.

I know it's not easy for a brotha to find a job. But I remember when brotha Street was dealing with stuff he wasn't out there trying to talk to women. He was out there getting his game together. That's all I ask for. I don't need a man to be rich before I will talk to him. But at least be able to take care of himself. Because if he can't then he needs to be doing something to make his life better. I mean, if a man ain't about trying to make his own life better why should I think he's coming to make mine better? Have some respect for yourself. Have some respect for me. That's all I'm saying.

river said:
Brothas, I know this is a question that sistas like to ask each other, but I wanted to get your perspective on this.

The other day a brotha stepped to me. The man lives with his daughter and they don't have a phone. I assume he doesn't have a job either, but I didn't ask him all that. He had stepped to me once before and used the southern code words "Can I come see you" a la Mae West "Come up and see me some time." I declined as graciously as I always do, but as I walked away I suddenly felt kinda offended. This man is crashing on his daughhter, ain't got nothing and gonna step to me without an ounce of shame like I ain't nothing. Just step to me with any old kind of raggedy mess. I could not help feeling insulted.

I know it's not easy for a brotha to find a job. But I remember when brotha Street was dealing with stuff he wasn't out there trying to talk to women. He was out there getting his game together. That's all I ask for. I don't need a man to be rich before I will talk to him. But at least be able to take care of himself. Because if he can't then he needs to be doing something to make his life better. I mean, if a man ain't about trying to make his own life better why should I think he's coming to make mine better? Have some respect for yourself. Have some respect for me. That's all I'm saying.

:qqb013: There are lots of sisters out there with no jobs as well. Always has been. Are you saying that they have no right to a social life as well? :SuN026:

how you know what Street was doing?

lol

and how you know women weren't trying to holla and knew my situation

?

hmmmmm

to answer you question

i can't tell you how to feel

if you have your standard there's nothing wrong with that

we ALL have a standard trust me whether it is good or bad

if this guy is not what you're looking for because he's lazy then hey

you have to live right?

if you know he's trying to get it together that's different

everybody needs love and companionship

but your question is a good one

does he have good intentions trying to build something

or is he looking for a booty holla

i say he's looking for the booty holla

lol

but i could be wrong

i sure hope i'm wrong

lol

Kemetstry said:
:qqb013: There are lots of sisters out there with no jobs as well. Always has been. Are you saying that they have no right to a social life as well? :SuN026:

Kemetstry I feel you man.

River, if you feel like he does not meet your economic needs or desires then do not pursue him.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back