Brothas, Would This Hurt?

I'm bound to think that when your own family calls you negative names from young, it will have an effect on self-esteem and ones view of the social world.

How can an 'ugly' man be attractive?
Charisma
Money
Known Sexual Prowress

to name a few... ;)

Trust me on this sister. those things mean ZERO to anybody seeking a soulmate. I guess the bigger ? is... just what is ugly?:SuN048:

Trust me on this sister. those things mean ZERO to anybody seeking a soulmate. I guess the bigger ? is... just what is ugly?:SuN048:

Yes, that is a bigger ?. It's all about perception. If we buy into eurocentric standards then anything African is automatically perceived as negative. And if the goal of those in our environment is to meet those standards by being born with european features then the fact that we were not will bear weight and have an effect on our self esteem. But if we grow up in an environment that rejects european standards then we wear "ugly" like a badge: Yea I'm a bad mutha shut yo mouf.

It's not about being attractive or not being attractive. All matter and energy attracts something. . What are we attracting? We want to be understood and accepted. We want to hold on to our pain until someone understands and accepts us. But it's the pain that's attracting negative energy.

Brotha Hodee

I've never told you but I've always put you up there with one of the kings, masters and gods here at Destee. But it's not what I perceive you to be. It's what you perceive yourself to be. . Yes, school can be very traumatic. My teachers used to laugh when kids beat me up Though now I see that my hidden yet progressive hearing problem was responsible for earning me labels like hard headed, stupid, lack common sense, etc., I can't go back and change that. Even if those people were still around they wouldn't care enough to hear what I feel inside. But now it's up to me. Whatt they did is on them but if i let old scars be open wounds then it's on me.

See it wasn't until you gave me the invitation to speak to you that I dared do so. That's how much power you have.

Yes it does hurt,

My aunt was telling me about her three month old grandson. She said he has to get pretty cuz he can't get no uglier. It reminded me of when I was a teenager and there was this boy in our neighborhood who although he didn't look all that bad to me, but all the girls said he was ugly. I mean no one could mention his name without smaddy saying he was ugly. It seemed to bounce off him without any visible effect. But I wonder.

Makes me wonder does this hurt or is it a badge of honor? I know men are allowed to be a bit more, how shall I say, rough around the edges than women but does it do something to the self esteem of a young boy when girls call him ugly?

I know a guy who weighs about three hundred pounds and looks like the last thought I'd have just before committing suicide yet the girls flock around him like he's Dr. J or sumptin. So how can a man be ugly and sexy at the same ti?
I heard that for many years growing up. It didnt change until one of the prettiest young ladies in my high school wanted 2 get wit me, then the flood gates were opened. Of course I told them all 2 get back on the little yellow :bus:. At a young age I realized that True Beauty is within. G-D made nutin ugly on this earth its jus ppls hearts and minds that r. The reason that Big Brutha had women like that is because he discovered who he is on the inside.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back