Do Intelligent Brothas Feel Alone?

jamesfrmphilly said:
yes, smart has never been a turn on with the sisters. never.
the thug or player has always been the choice.
therefore any motivation to acquire knowledge has long ago been selected out of the community.

sisters want thugs and they got their wish.
no one has reason to complain.

i think it is a lot easier for a woman to deal with a child than with a man.
on one level it is easy to just get knocked up and not try to build a relationship.
a kid doesn't care how fat and sloppy you get, a man does.
making a marriage and a family work is a hard job.

i think overall, sisters got what they wanted.
if what they wanted was best for them is another story.

i am intelligent and talented.
i spend most of my time alone.
my abilities are totally lost on my immediate community.
occasionally someone turns to me for help.
i help them out when i can.
they never give back.

so yes, intelligent means you will feel alone.
i repeat, black women are simply not attracted to intelligence.

Man james, you broke it down with 100% truth. Women don't want intellegent men. They say they do, but they take the opposite. The'd rather be entertained than stimulated mentally. Disclaimer: Of course, not all women. But for the most part, black women in America don't want to hear about what you read out of a book. Yes, black women have gotten what they wanted. Like I said before, if black women wanted intellegent men, brothas would not be spending $10k on spinning rims and diamond necklaces and watches, they'd have a library in their home. That's not the case because that's not what get's the results with black women in America.

kente417mojo said:
if black women wanted intelligent men, brothas would not be spending $10k on spinning rims and diamond necklaces and watches, they'd have a library in their home. That's not the case because that's not what get's the results with black women in America.
i have a library in my home..........
books, music and art.
when a young female does come in, she looks at me like i'm a nut for having all this stuff.

i say, i can turn on cable TV whenever i want to, i can't do that with the sisters.

jamesfrmphilly said:
books, music and art.
when a young female does come in, she looks at me like i'm a nut for having all this stuff.

i say, i can turn on cable TV whenever i want to, i can't do that with the sisters.

You know james, I buy books like crazy because information is the only way to know yourself, and I want to get more. I'm always browsing for books that interest me. The problem is, when you start taking an interests in anything that's not mainstream you start seeing the number of friends slowly declining. When you start taking part in feeding your mind, all of a sudden you're no fun to be around anymore. Now, I still date and have female friends, but the fact is, I would have a lot more if I stopped reading and started focusing on clubbing and running the streets. Even the ones I have now don't have many common interest or views. On both sides, brothas and sistas start acting different when you disconnect yourself from the things that are killing your mind and body. Maybe it makes them really think about the things in their life that they need to change, or maybe you guys just don't have much in common anymore. Whatever the reason, it forces some black men to push away the books and embrace the steroetypical lifestyle that most of our people identify with.

Some of this is painful, but so true...

jamesfrmphilly said:
books, music and art.

When this thread was started I really wondered in what direction it was going to go…I am appreciative of the honesty coming from the Black men in this thread.

Though I think intelligent Black men have a great task overcoming the apathy and disinterest of our community, there contributions are not always going unrecognized, unfortunately this creative power is being secretly observed and absorbed by the “other people”.

I can really relate to Brother James posts…I have known many Black men who fit the description of his journey. I’ve seen brilliant Black men become alcoholics, dope fiends, go mad and even commit suicide. These men were not weak men in their prime. This is not just about the story of the geek, nerds or the bullied “A” student, far from it. This is about how our community pisses on their sages, artist, creative musicians, master teachers and writers. These trees of knowledge grow from within the Black community and are left to wither and die, and sometimes uprooted or chopped down, by their own people. Our real institutions are living beings and not just the stuffed shirts who wander in the halls of academia.

And the same sister’s, who ignore these brothers, raise their children to disregard them and to show very little respect for this legacy of truly strong and creatively intelligent Black men. And then they wonder why their children are fools and grow to be less then fully functional men or women.

It's really bad when our Beloved sisters treat flowers and healing herbs like unwanted weeds...

I’ve said it before; there has been a cultural coup d'etat in our community, by those who are more show than substance. They are trying to define and redefine our defiant cultural history and have been self-elected and upheld as the gatekeepers of Black intellectual strenght and creativity. They spend their time performing or endorsing creative Black culture on an adolescent level and castigate those who are bold enough to tell the truth and speak to the oppressed adult Black mind. This is both in mainstream and underground culture.

So like I said, I commend Brother James and the other Brothers for their uncompromising honesty. Their stories are painful but true, so let me go and feed on some Wayne Shorter and John Coltrane, so I don't have to think about this...LOL!

Peace and Ase

kente417mojo said:
Man james, you broke it down with 100% truth. Women don't want intellegent men. They say they do, but they take the opposite. The'd rather be entertained than stimulated mentally. Disclaimer: Of course, not all women. But for the most part, black women in America don't want to hear about what you read out of a book. Yes, black women have gotten what they wanted. Like I said before, if black women wanted intellegent men, brothas would not be spending $10k on spinning rims and diamond necklaces and watches, they'd have a library in their home. That's not the case because that's not what get's the results with black women in America.

I must say that I tend to agree with this to a certain extent (as well as the comments of brothers Jamesfrmphilly and SunShip). However, I think it applies only to women in America (black and white). Foreign women are more sensible when it comes to choosing a man. That is why I've proposed black men dating black women from other countries (an idea that hasn't gotten a popular response). The attitudes and behaviors being associated with black women are not representative of all black women. They are only representative of a large number of African American women.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back