Black Spirituality Religion : Did the Biblical God Cause Adam to Sin? Genesis Revisited

And that it has...!

the trick of religion with the bible in tow has done a job on the masses, especially black folks considered we devised what they later twisted around , in the first place!

I am 4 years in the works of cleansing myself of religion and the bible. It is like weaning from meat -- that too was a process within itself.

Sista Fine,

Much love sista. If you will read the post so far you will see that no one thus far has referred to the bible as a reference to any sort of logical or historical truth. As i said a few posts back my purpose for raising this question is to dispel the myth that so many of us subscribe to. So many African Americans buy into the idea that Jesus did something wonderful because we deserve hell by virtue of Adam's sin. What we have concluded in this thread is that the god of the bible planned the fall of man so if anybody winds up in hell that too is part of the plan.

Surely you know we are not expecting to find clean water in this cesspool of undigested lies.

We know the bible is not historical because the first people were Black. But Adam and Eve--there's no way they were Black for two reasons.

1. There's not a Black women living that would take an apple from a snake.
2. There's not a Black man living that would give up his rib for a woman.

nuff said

And are you even sure the tree was the "Tree of Good anf Evil"? Because if Eve had no concept of the good/evil = right/wrong, then how could they be expected to know that what they were doing was a setup? Isn't entrappment illegal? Shouldn't they get off due to a technicality?

I like these two comments. They made me chuckle.

The 1st one is just down-right funny; and on the 2nd one, I can just imagine a lawyer representing Adam and Eve, defending them before God for Judgement.

And if the lawyer got them off on a "loop hole," then imagine what kind of subsequent repercussions that would have on the rest of humanity??

Yep. That was an interesting hypothetical to me!

i can dig that response....
i am still trying to rid my consciousness of the eloquent job brainwashing has done on me....i'm almost there, it's just sometimes when i lay in bed unable to sleep i ponder over stuff like this....thank you fine

one love
khasm

It is anything but easy, brotha Khasm. I used to have dreams about being left in the rapture until I woke up one morning and told my mind to stop it.

Everyone around me is so nice. They are nicer to me now than they were when I was in the Church. I guess the preacher told them they can love me back into the Church. But I cannot unread the things I have read in the bible and the preacher cannot unwrite what is written there.

I don't hold science or religion as the absolute truth. In many situations there is really no such thing as proof. There are only interpretations with which we fit our experiences into our paradigm. Logic is good but it is subject to interpretation so it can be flawed. for instance:

I am most comfortable when I am asleep and when I am asleep my bed is not made up. Therefore the logical conclusion is that I am most comfortable when my bed is not made up.

The vast majority of those who volunteer for military service have at some point in their lives consumed pickled cucumbers. Therefore the logical conclusion is pickled cucumbers are indicative of warlike behavior.

This sort of illogical logic was used to justify slavery right along with Christianity.

So what do you do, brotha? Explore your mind. Ask questions. Question not only the answers but question the questions. I can not give you an absolute guaranteed answer because of course we all have places in our minds we'd really rather not explore. Both science (or what we call science) and religion can be used to dance around these places without going into them.

There is room for faith (not necessarily having anything to do with religion) because we don't know everything. without faith we would not get out of bed because logic alone will not tell us what a day will bring. Look at it like this. A seventh grader cannot be expected to understand calculus but that doesn't mean you can tell a seventh grader that two plus two equal five and call it faith.

In other words, religious faith is just gullibility but useful faith is the energy that comes after knowledge putting what we know into action. You can get an A in a class about swimming and know everything there is to know about it. But it takes something else to make you actually get up on that diving board and jump off. As opposed to just saying well I don't know how to swim but I'm just gonna trust the lord to keep me afloat. That's religion. That's stupidity.

Knowamsane?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back