Black Spirituality Religion : Who or What is the Comforter according to scripture?

peace goddess

I love you for your realness............you are the diamond in the rough!

Now i don't know which part of my post exactly got your attention, but if you have followed me and the poster i was responding too in the past but that post was for her and only her. Even in my explanation today and in many other threads in the past i have explained why i respond to religious threads though i'm not religious. I'm cool as long as the religious stay in there lane, like i stay in mine..but when they (notice i didn't say ya'll because YOU are the rare one who doesn't do that as i've told you before) come out and try to force it on others and seem to not know what they are talking about in regards to their own scriptures, then i might just respond. A contradiction is a contradiction and i have not made anything up all i have done is quote what has already been written. But i overstand and i feel you. You are part of the reason i told her earlier today that she would have to go without me for the next 363 days as i felt your presence in a strange way when i first read her response to me in 2 different threads this morning. Instead of exposing her falsehoods i chose to wish her happy new year and leave it alone....

If your beef with me is about the comforter being a HE, i didn't write the book, i only quoted it. So you beef is aimed in the wrong direction love.

It's A.G. (All Good) though because whether we agree or not, i know you are a beautiful person inside and out ....

Most of my posts on religious matters are only for the person i'm responding too just for the record.

But i respect you so much that if you were to ask me not to post anything 'religious' until next year, i would do that for you.......but you would have to promise not to do the same:heart:!

It's not the fact that you are speaking to CB...I'm responding to what you posted in regards to the Holy Spirit being a "he".

I don't care what you rift you and her got going on because I find the both of you irritating and over the top when it comes to the topic of spirituality and religion....but at the same time I respect both views, even though I share a more similar belief with CB.

AND.... Religious folks aren't the only ones on this site beating a dead horse with a stick, the non-religious are just as guilty.

You and your people (and I'm including you) bring up Christianity in threads where no religious person is even speaking at all, bashing it...Trying to denounce it and rip it apart and pat each other on the back for doing so.

No one is exempt of acting holier than thou.

Everyone on this site is a walking, talking, breathing, contradiction in their own way.

peace

It's not the fact that you are speaking to CB...I'm responding to what you posted in regards to the Holy Spirit being a "he".
- like i said, if that's your problem with what i posted I DID NOT WRITE THE BOOK. It is in the bible and i quoted the exact scriptures where it came from...

I don't care what you rift you and her got going on because I find the both of you irritating and over the top when it comes to the topic of spirituality and religion....but at the same time I respect both views, even though I share a more similar belief with CB.
- cool, but i don't think that i have even mentioned or spoken about spirituality here in years. Then again, if i'm so irritating when it comes to religion then why are your still reading my posts. Anyone i find 'irritating', i skip right over them and move on because it is OF NO INTEREST TO ME......

AND.... Religious folks aren't the only ones on this site beating a dead horse with a stick, the non-religious are just as guilty.

You and your people (and I'm including you) bring up Christianity in threads where no religious person is even speaking at all, bashing it...Trying to denounce it and rip it apart and pat each other on the back for doing so.
- To be honest, i think the so called non-religious are trying to save the horse from being beaten by the religious. I mean take a look at who brought this thread back up top and a few other religious threads in the last couple of days. It wasn't me! Also, i don't bring up christianity in non religious threads, that is done by a couple of christians here who then turn around and blame us for doing it, then go and start thread after thread about us 'HATERS' to push their weak agenda with hopes that you and others will buy into it and i see that it's working. But that doesn't make it true!

No one is exempt of acting holier than thou.
- :confused:

Everyone on this site is a walking, talking, breathing, contradiction in their own way.
- Is this your way of agreeing that what i posted from the bible was indeed a contradiction that needs to be further examined?

peace

- like i said, if that's your problem with what i posted I DID NOT WRITE THE BOOK. It is in the bible and i quoted the exact scriptures where it came from...

- cool, but i don't think that i have even mentioned or spoken about spirituality here in years. Then again, if i'm so irritating when it comes to religion then why are your still reading my posts. Anyone i find 'irritating', i skip right over them and move on because it is OF NO INTEREST TO ME......

- To be honest, i think the so called non-religious are trying to save the horse from being beaten by the religious. I mean take a look at who brought this thread back up top and a few other religious threads in the last couple of days. It wasn't me! Also, i don't bring up christianity in non religious threads, that is done by a couple of christians here who then turn around and blame us for doing it, then go and start thread after thread about us 'HATERS' to push their weak agenda with hopes that you and others will buy into it and i see that it's working. But that doesn't make it true!

- :confused:

- Is this your way of agreeing that what i posted from the bible was indeed a contradiction that needs to be further examined?

So you didn't start a whole thread not recently about Jesus being crucified for resisting Christianity???

You're so full of it....Talking about you don't talk about spirituality or religion....

So you didn't start a whole thread not recently about Jesus being crucified for resisting Christianity???

Didn't YOU start a thread a while ago about FAKE CHRISTIANS and got into it with another CHRISTIAN in that thread??? Coincidentally the same christian i think that pulled this thread back up to the top!

Yes, i did start that thread about a month ago because of what a christian was saying about me in another thread! But you'd be hard pressed to find more than 5 or 6 threads in my 7 years here that i've started about 'CHRISTIANITY'. In fact that thread wasn't neccessarily bashing christianity as much it was talking about FAKE CHRISTIANS and the historical aspect of what would happen to JESUS if he did come back. I do remember something about him being brought to court ON TRUMPED UP CHARGES!

And for the record i put JESUS in quotes because i was talking about myself and others being crucified here for resisting christianity. Even within the thread i broke down thanks giving and why it is celebrated, but i don't hear you mentioning that. Whenever i speak of jesus i am talking HISTORICALLY which is why i always ask for a picture because i know one can't be provided. Also, for the record, i have TWO pictures of HIM but his name was not JeSUS.

I think you are mixing up religion and spirituality as being one in the same and they are not sis....

You're so full of it....Talking about you don't talk about spirituality or religion.
- ok, if you say so, BUT i didn't say i don't talk about RELIGION i said I HAVEN'T TALKED ABOUT SPIRITUALITY HERE IN YEARS! so if you're gonna accuse me of something, please get it right!

You know it just hit me that i'm no longer talking to my love MsInterpret and that right now i'm talking to a christian...The thing is that whenever you are talking to me you are always talking to INFO because i don't let someone elses belief system change me.

You're mad at me because i pointed out something written in your book and that's been my 7 year history here in the spiritual section so i'm more than used to it. Just never thought that you and i would be here doing this.... :(

I'm done...........let this thread sink back into the abyss!! Oh, wait a minute, there's one here who will never let that happen.

WHO IS THE “COMFORTER”?
by Silas

INTRODUCTION
EARLY ISLAMIC WRITINGS AND CLAIMS
REVIEW AND DISCUSSION OF THE NEW TESTAMENT TEXTS
THE EARLY CHURCH’S VIEW OF THE COMFORTER
GENERAL MUSLIM QUESTIONS AND RESPONSES
GENERAL QUESTIONS
EXAMPLE #1 – AKBARALLY MEHERALLY’S WORK
EXAMPLE #2 – MAURICE BUCAILLE’S WORK
EXAMPLE #3 – ZAKIR NAIK’S WORK
SUMMARY
CHALLENGE TO THE MUSLIM
PRAYER OF SALVATION
REFERENCES

....SUMMARY

Several proofs have been given that establish that the Comforter is the Holy Spirit:

1) The New Testament Scriptures state this clearly.
2) These Scripture’s context allows only the Holy Spirit to fulfill the role relegated to the Comforter.
3) Jesus’ prediction of the Comforter coming to the disciples was fulfilled during Pentecost (see Acts Chapter 1).
4) The early Church Fathers attest that the Comforter is the Holy Spirit.
5) Christian scholarship also demonstrates, through exhaustive study of the Greek texts, (ref. the Anchor Bible Theological Dictionary and other works) that the Comforter is the Holy Spirit.

CONCLUSION

The Comforter is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit came during Pentecost, and the disciples received Him. As the disciples continued to live, the words Jesus spoke about the Comforter's ministry were fulfilled. Christians today experience the Comforter in their lives as Jesus said that they would.

The suggestions of various Muslim writers that Muhammad could be the Comforter have been shown to be inaccurate, implausible, or unworkable due to ignorance of the Greek language, poorness of thought, or deliberate deception of their readership.

CHALLENGE TO THE MUSLIM

The Islamic claims that Muhammad is the Comforter have been put to the acid test and they dissolved. These claims were weak and failed for several reasons:
1) the Muslim writers offered no textual proof to substantiate their assertions
2) they were unable to provide in-depth references as support
3) they avoided providing the reader with analysis of the texts because any analysis would show the weakness in their argument

In other words, the Muslims who wrote these articles knew deep down that they had no case. But, in order to save face for Muhammad they had to make an attempt to keep him from looking false......http://answering-islam.org/Silas/comforter.htm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back