Black Relationships : Polygamy: An option for you?

In my opinion (again :) ) the best way to approach the subject is straightforward. At least that's how I like things which I think is fairly typical of my astrological sign--Libra. Don't beat around the bush, just get to the point. If the sister understands what you're asking, and if she's honest, she'll tell you whether she's amenable to the idea or not.

I keep wondering about this form of partnering though--is it organic or is it social in nature? In other words, are humans biologically designed to partner one-on-one or is that influenced by societal norms?

Queenie

A natural order denied, Africans.

Peace,

I find it interesting that upon returning to Destee.com that I’m dealing with the same subject that brought me to this wonderful forum roughly one year ago. I find most controversial subjects are usually the most important and maybe the last roadblock to a “free thinking African”.

This idea historically that polygamy is just some sort of inorganic, unnatural social phenomenon IS NOT ROOTED IN FACT. If you study most zoological references to coupling and mating of a majority of mammalians of all types and especially primates you will find an innate proclivity toward polygyny. When you study the majority of peoples and cultures of the ancient (pre-Western/Aryan influenced) world, polygyny is part of their pantheons, theologies, mythologies and overall social make-ups. In cultures where polygamy or polygyny, is or was forbidden, outlawed or im-morally disenfranchised, usually fornication, prostitution, adultery and divorce is or was hypocritically sanctioned and legal, and soon becomes the societal options to all sexual, communal and marital inconsistencies among the sexes.

This subject was posted, about a year ago, referencing the book, “We Want for Our Sisters What We Want for Ourselves”, written by an extraordinary African American female scholar, Prof. Patricia Dixon Ph.D., I hope those who find interest in this subject, would support this warrior-sister’s efforts, by obtaining a copy of this book. Her research is extensive and very thought provoking.

Peace,

Brother Sun Ship :)

POLYGAMY

I'M SORRY GUYS, BUT THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF. THIS IS NOT EVEN A REAL OPTION. COME ON, HOW MANY WOMEN IN THIS COUNTRY ARE GOING TO BE COMFORTABLE SHARING A HUSBAND. NOT MANY.
BLACK PEOPLE JUST NEED TO SEARCH THEIR OWN SOULS AND MAKE THEMSELVES THE BEST PERSON THEY CAN BE, AND CHOOSE POTENTIAL MATES REALISTICALLY ( IF YOU'RE A WOMAN WITH A 10TH GRADE EDUCATION AND 3 KIDS, DON'T EXPECT A BROTHER FROM HARVARD WITH NO KIDS TO WANT TO HOOK UP WITH YOU). IF YOU'RE ALL FREAKED OUT BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE THERE'S A SHORTAGE, THERE ARE MANY NON- BLACK PEOPLE OF COLOR FOR YOU TO HAVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH ( LATINA, ASIAN, MIDDLE EASTERN ETC). NO LADIES YOU DON'T HAVE TO HOOK UP WITH THE "WHITE BOY" IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE KIND OF BROTHER YOU WANT. DAMMIT I WENT INTERRACIAL.

THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back