Black Relationships : Polygamy: An option for you?

I don't subscribe to your view that choosing to live in a polygamous relationship is the same as having the right to equal treatment under the law as far as learning to read is concerned. The civil right to receive equal treatment under the law and have access to an education as a Black person was in direct correlation to the fact that white people could receive an education and Black people couldn't. In comparison, can white people practice polygamy in the US legally and Black people can't? If so, then I say let's bust through the barrier, break down the walls and fight for our civil right to practice polygamy in this country.

Good point and I would have to agree. I was just using that as an example to illustrate my point of some laws that come from this society are corrupt themselves, that's all.

It appears that you know what you want to do in life Stepup and have every intention of forging ahead no matter what the law says. The difference between us is simply the choices we make, and I am being real. Pursuing a polygamous relationship is simply not high on my list of priorities right now. I think there are other things we as a people can focus our attention on first and who knows, maybe polygamy will become a natural ingredient when we become more unified as a nation of people.

I agree with everything you typed. I also think there are a variety of things not including polygamy that can be done to improve the present situation of the "family".

I'm sure you know that what might work for you may not for everyone but I do agree that we need to expand our options and have the freedom to pursue whatever lifestyle that will bring about a more cohesive and healthy community.

Agreed!

I can understand if I gave you this impression, but no, I'm not BENT about your opinion of me nor am I worried. My writing may seem shallow to you in that regard but I believe that my constitution runs a little deeper than that.

I believe you!

Why do you feel impatient and that time is running out? Is there something that you feel you must do and something is stopping you? You seem so confident so why not just do what you want to do? We each have to pursue our paths in life as we see fit. I applaud you for risking whatever to get what you want and wish you the best of luck.

I am just so tired of seeing the same old things day in and day out. I want to make a change and I feel this is ONE way I can make a difference. It's funny the lady I was talking to was not ready for such an "arrangement" either. I will continue to look on and walk that path.

It seems this has turned into a you and me topic.:D Where is everyone?

I don't know where everyone else is. I'm sure that plenty of people are reading what we write though. It could be that some people don't have enough information about polygamy to speak on it; others are more individualists and don't want any part of it. Either way, I've enjoyed the dialogue with you. Your question forced me to once again inspect my own personal thoughts on the subject and I'm still growing in my understanding of it. My views used to be so narrow when it came to other forms of marital relationships that weren't one-to-one. It took me a moment of reading what those more enlightened had to say about polygamy before I could begin to grasp it's history and potential benefits to a family AND a community. It's refreshing when one's mind expands beyond the confinement of what is dictated to them. Truly knowledge is powerful and access to information is essential to us all.

Peace,
Queenie :spinstar:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back