Black Men : Brothers - Can You Discuss Your Collective Failures? - (Only Brothers Post Please)

IMO, part of ours failure is not being fathers to the child we help bring into this world. We seem to think it's kool to have several children by several different women, the letting those mother shoulder most, if not all of the responsibility. You can't help raise a child you are constantly doing things that is keeping you locked up. We have to get rid of this false notion of what it is to bee black, some of us think it's a badge of honor to go to jail, vs getting a good education.

Peace!

Brother, brother, brother...

Do chill on the overgeneralizations ad naseum...

I. e., idealized viewpoints have to be balanced out, by how we do not just react, do respond to the latest reality checks/wake up calls/etc.

As is true of other man, some are open minded/others have very closed ones, etc.

All of us just do the best we can, in spite of limited and limiting options, etc.

Instead:

Even popular entertainers recalled what we lived thru, aka Billy Joel's 'We didn't start the fire(s)', (some of us strived to not let others burn down this nation, long before those so called 'islamist extremists' brought down the WTC towers, gave us an excuse to dare side with our enemies exploiters/oppressors/ad naseum)...

Yes, I also do recall the same appeals behind those pledges signed by folks (like you) via the first MILLION MAN MARCH, but to some it was just a grand jesture, there is no 'one size fits all' fixes, and/or no new movement came from it...

I mean no disrespect, but it's time we all need to update our viewpoints, also be good role models, too...

FYI

Brother, brother, brother...

Do chill on the overgeneralizations ad naseum...

I. e., idealized viewpoints have to be balanced out, by how we do not just react, do respond to the latest reality checks/wake up calls/etc.

As is true of other man, some are open minded/others have very closed ones, etc.

All of us just do the best we can, in spite of limited and limiting options, etc.

Instead:

Even popular entertainers recalled what we lived thru, aka Billy Joel's 'We didn't start the fire(s)', (some of us strived to not let others burn down this nation, long before those so called 'islamist extremists' brought down the WTC towers, gave us an excuse to dare side with our enemies exploiters/oppressors/ad naseum)...

Yes, I also do recall the same appeals behind those pledges signed by folks (like you) via the first MILLION MAN MARCH, but to some it was just a grand jesture, there is no 'one size fits all' fixes, and/or no new movement came from it...

I mean no disrespect, but it's time we all need to update our viewpoints, also be good role models, too...

FYI

I'm sure folks know I don't mean every brutha, but numbers don't lie. The bruthas that are locked up for being stupid, or continue to do stupid things, can't raise a child if they are behind bars.

How can they guide their sons, help their kids with their homework, or be their for their kids with support? Also, their is no justification for having multiple kids, by multiple women then letting them do most of the raising.

Here is an example.

Memphis Man Has Fathered 25 Kids by 15 Women
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...s-man-has-fathered-25-kids-by-15-women-111114

I agree, there is no one size fix all solutions, but the one thing we have to stop doing is making excuses for this type of behavior. This brutha, and others like him, isn't helping the problem, they are adding to it.

Peace!

Memphis Man Has Fathered 25 Kids by 15 Women
Men don't get pregnant and water (natural force) cannot flow where the dike is sealed.

In this IMMORAL society, rather than admit that their culture is wrong, they are inclined to blame the man. (which is like blaming water for the flood when YOU opened the floodgates)

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back