Black Men : Brothers - Can We Discuss our Collective Plans to help the Community?

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by Ankhur, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Open for discussion, and in lieu of the urgent needs of the National black Community

2. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    As it stands there has been a lot of internet talking and it seems as though very few are walking so now I ask - what can we do right now - today to further the cause? I'm getting tired of hearing all of the talking myself and I need to know what do you think we need to do?

What I do understand at this moment in our current history is that a lot of our people don't know much of anything about our situation as a whole. We continue to discuss these issues in this and other forums but the people we are talking to are those who is in the know or have knowledge about it.

We can continue to say the same things over and over until we become numb to the issues that we are faced with. What is true is that people do not respond or act upon what they do not know or understand. We talk about rallying up the people but what does it take when a people just don't know what they are fighting for? It seems like the first thing we need to do is to educate the people because no one is going to have my back if they don't know me and thus our people are not going to have our backs (as a whole) if they don't know us as a whole.

Education is the first key - you cannot send a man out to war if he's doesn't know the dynamics/rules of engagement. That is what we are asking the people to do which is to fight for a cause they don't know exist. Here in this and other forums your preaching to the choir. So then the first battle is against ignorance the greatest of all battles but this must be taken up on platforms that our people consistently and frequently visit - such as the churches or large family gatherings.

I hear what you are saying but I've heard it not only from you and others but I've thought about these things in the privacy of my mind. Words right now is the most powerful weapon we have at our disposal. Don't teach me or preach to me - because I know - it is the brothas and sistas on the streets that are not in the know. Please understand that I do not speak these words in anger or an argumentative fashion.

Start setting up community events that will draw your (our) people and then we can speak, teach and or preach the gospel - that is to say - the good news is here and our true freedom is right around the corner. Collectively we are the Savior because we have to save our selves (even Jesus said, physician heal thyself) and this can only be done with knowledge (Gnosis).

Ignorant people (that is to say: uneducated people) do ignorant things but the ignorance stop when the knowledge begins. Education is our most powerful weapon but preaching to the choir simply sets us back. Now what methods or measures have you taken to ensure that the people in your community are in the know? Currently - I'm doing some project management to pull a fun thing together so that our people will attend which will be an educational thing but I want to make sure that education is fun and not boring where people are falling asleep at the crackling of a boring voice (not my voice lol - but some speakers can be real boring).

Peace

Ru2religious

3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    I feel you brother but lets be for real

The point was discussing a solution and to many of us that means talking about how well we know the problem .

If we can discuss our collective failures , then what is the problem with discussing collective solutions to the larger issues and dilemnas of the community?

This is not a personal ish, if I did not bring this up someone else could have, and folks dialogue there

Each of us here live in cities or states where the Black community is faceing and has faces several simultaneous problems that to be honest you would be hard pressed to find a discussion regarding a solution , in a manner of serious brainstorming fo any real length of time for instance.

The serious issue of young Black men selling crack and heroin.
    1 How do we eradicate drugs from the community?
    How do we change the minds of those caught up in the life, to get out of the game?
    How do we keep our communities safe from such activities?

2 Regentrification is a serious issue in all states, can we stop it and how?

3 The push for charter schools in our community and the steady march to dismantle the public school system, via school closings and firing union teachers , teachers who are struggling in underfunded schools.
    Do we try to save what we have spent our tax dollars on as
    public schools,or do we create our own Black schools?
    And then how is this done?

4 How do we disseminate the African history, and culture that was taken out of the school systems?

5 How do we organize our local community for emergency preparedness, when the dollar goes bust?

These are just a few serious dilemnas that folks are facing and will be facing in every Black community across the nation.

Practically everyone here is doing something where they are at or have a track record of service, but are we unable at this point to form a grassroots Think Tank?

Are we cognisant of the process of brainstorming?

Is that beyond our grasp?

And in these discussions really , religion should be left out so what Jesus or Muhammed, or Shango or Auser have to do with this I don't know, in fact the folks I do the most building and actual work with here in the community are
    with the Nation of Gods and Earths who are out in the streets actually doing for the past 15 years the education you speak of and appreciate the support from those of us who are financially well equiped

There are the little issues but there are the bigger issues as well.

We can be here talking about our accomplishments, and proving them to doubters,

but is that how a think tank operates?

But as stated before, if folks are interested, then fine, if not then that if fine also

Time will tell

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yes let's talk about rebuilding the true foundation of men who have falling
    by the waste side and lot of us who have given up on our communities.

what we need is some written solutions ....allow me to brainstorm on this some more

5. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Hey brother..I think we are putting the horse before the cart in a since. Before we talk about community we must talk about family. The Black family has been under attack for centuries. As time passes the stakes become higher and the methods become more effective. We must recognize this and address it. To fix the Black family we must collectively repair the relationship between Black men and Black women. This endeavor must be solution oriented or else all we will have is a continued gripe session like we have now. Name calling, finger pointing, etc is only making the disparity among our brothers and sisters grow.

Once brothers and sisters come together on one accord we as brothers can not exclude our sisters in the task of rebuilding and transforming our community. They are a part of our community and play a vital role in it's well being. I know it's in our nature to be protective but we can't afford to be too macho. Men's movements are great but it would go a long way in fostering good relationships if we recognize and include our sisters as well. Often we make the mistake of operating as two halves instead of one whole.

The dysfunction of a Black family is at the absolute core of our problem. Once that is under control the rest of what plagues us will fall into place. Therefore my role in this is to illustrate the model of Black love as it applies to my marriage, Black fatherhood as it applies to my child(ren), Black prosperity as it applies to my finances, Black knowledge as at applies to knowing myself and my people and Black unity as it applies to recognizing our difference and focusing on our commonality.

6. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    The first thing that we need to do collectively for those who are in the know - is to re-evaluate what we think we know. Basically what we are trying to do is be a society inside of a society when we talk about the rebuilding of our people (meaning separate from all others). All societies have a structure and that is something that we lack. In every society we have the government, social workers, agriculturalist, thinkers/philosophers, rich, middle class and even the poor. This has been the situation from the beginning of civilizations. What many of us are trying to do is make everyone conscious when the harsh reality is - everyone is not going to become conscious because we have far more followers then leaders and with to many leaders there is going to be some division.

Those who are in the know - must come together and get a true system flowing. The NOI did it but it was based on religious idealism which is something that we can't have. If we want a real structure then we have to actually create one that truly exist and is a power in and of itself. What that simply means is that the structures that used to exist are the same structures that must implement within ourselves. We have to accept reality about our people which suggest that we have a lot of followers and if those who are in the know move then the follower will follow. This is tried, tested and proven - so brainstorming is good and all but creating a real entity is what is going to cause the people to move.

Order, Organization and Optimal performance is the key to any real social construct. There will always be people that will be poor until we eliminate the use for the dollar or currency period. In the meantime and in between time a real entity must and should be created with an understanding that there are positions with many leaders for the different groups of people within a society.

One problem at a time - we are always trying to fix a hundred problems at one time and the end results is nothing ever gets fixed. Like they say - a jack of all trades but a master to none and we haven't mastered on problem yet.

Again, those who are in the know - must respond first with action and without reaction. If it hasn't worked before then its time to try a new method. I suggest that a structure is built first. When people see the true strive for rebuilding our people as a whole then there will be many who will get on the bandwagon.

Create the a system and set rules and bylaws which disables company's from coming in. They will come in but they will have no success because in the society that I speak of we support ourselves. I mean what I'm speaking about may not sound realistic but in reality its very much a reality if the NOI can do it.

Home-school the kids in what appears to be privately funded home schooling systems. Example - in a church - Moss - Temple or whatever send your kids to that school and get teachers to work for these privately funded home-schooled programs. Each parent donate 200 a month in a school that has 30 kids per church, moss, temple or whatever that's $6000 a month between 2 teachers. The teachers get paid good and in areas where the cost of living is hire so will the monthly payments if affordable and in lower income area's lower monthly dues.

Home-School

Social construct of our own creation.

Never that - we just need to stop talking so much about it and be about it. We have great minds - now internet brainstorming is not the way to go - I live in California - I don't know where you live but why not bring minds that want to make a real change together like at a major hotel, rent the meeting rooms for 2 days and lets create something. I'm down to fly where ever I need to go - are you ready? So little can be accomplished via internet when the truth change is made with human contact. Forums are a great medium for people to meet each other and like minds can gather ... now that we've had the opportunity to meet & greet - let us get a real meeting going.

Religion is not a part of this discussion - I made that comment about the dude JC because the wisdom of healing ourselves is not a new theory or something that is something just being made up - this ideal has been around for thousands of years and so I used it.

Secondly, being financially equipped doesn't mean give nor limit ones ability to give a 100% to a true cause. When finances come into the equation a lot of times the greedy becomes a bad seed. The true investment must be within our stores, products, farmers, construction companies, etc ... and that money must be invested into AA banks even if there none in the state out of state banking is easy as the internet ... so that way we can keep the money circulating amongst ourselves.

I've done all of the proving our history, accomplishments and so forth - I'm getting tired of the internet think tanks - I propose that if we want a real change then let us save some money up for those who don't have it and come together and actually meet and create.

Peace

Ru2religious

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    We are on the same path partner

I use the term partner instead of brother because many of us have families that are not willing to partneship in the development o the communty.
    So partner is more of a title then an adjective, because i see your heart is in the right place although your synthesis and thesis are correct, the hypothesis is missing.

Look at the average Black family of1955.
    1 How was the father? how hard did he work, and then make sure his children had more then he had?
    2 how was the mother? how much did she make sure her children were well nourished well dressed well behaved, and had a love of education
    3 How strong was their dedication to each other?
    what was the relationship to the family unit of Nana and Grandpa and the extended family?
    4 How often did they see each other at picnics and birthdays and holidays, and graduations?
    5 what was the relationship of the children in regards to respect to the parents and the community?
    6 What was the demeanor and dress of the teens back then and their respect for the family and the community?
    7 What was the relationship of the community in support of the family?

Now look at the average black family today in the computer and cell phone age
    1 How is the father? how hard does he work, and can he make sure his children have more then he had? the way the economy is heading?
    2 how is the mother? how much does she and the father make sure her children are well nourished,
    well dressed well behaved, and have a love of education?
    3 How strong is their dedication to each other?
    what is the relationship to the family unit of Nana and Grandpa and the extended family?
    4 How often do they see each other at picnics and birthdays and holidays, and graduations?
    5 What was the relationship of the children in regards to respect to the parents and the community?
    6 What is the demeanor and dress of the teens back now and their respect for the family and the community?
    7 What is the relationship of the community in support of the family and are there aspects of the community that hamper family unity?

Please take a look at the 2 pictures.

What happened??

What caused such drastic change?

Where there elements outside of the family that created this?

In order to correct an Illness is it not necessary to understand where and how an illness is contracted in order to prescribe an effective cure?
    And then apply preventative measures also?

You are right partner but please be considerate regarding what group this is "Black Men Brothers Warriors"
    and that it is not excluding the input of sisters but as you see we as brothers do very well in discussing and listing our faults and weaknesses , now how about us taking some serious time in regards to the very popular technique pf forming a Think Tank.
    In any think tank there are men who have stable loving families, and take care of their children, but the emphasis of a think tank is to brainstorm methodologies for problem solving.
    Can you name any Black Think tanks?

Are the so called Black leadership solving the problems that cause Black folks to flee from the communities?
    the five listed and more?

I totaly agree what you say but how can we plan for a solution or dialogue a solution to get sisters to make better choices regarding the men they have children from, or get dead beat dads to become good fathers?

sincerely hope you have seen the number of posts dealing with that specific issue, and folks here have the right not to see repeated posts.
    There are things we can do as individuals to effect the conditions out side of the house but seriously , and I am open to suggestions how do we effect what goes on inside of someone else, personal space?

And the brothers thanking you , I sincerely hope get over their hatred and realize the burning fire in the community takes all hands to draw the water.
    And that anyone has the time within a week to post some solutions that any of the 16 thousand black folks here can pick up on and use for their own community and discuss with folks were they live, and organize.

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    some very good post here , it is my hope that we continue to reach this think tank and
    draw some positive solutions to better us and our conditions as men

9. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Thanks for your response partner. To be honest my desire was to streamline my input into that which all subcultures of Black people that exist within the African American community share. However you have opened the floor to an uncomfortable subject. That subject questions how it is that we find ourselves in the current position we are in. Bottom line we are in the position we are because we have adopted a philosophy that has caused us to intrust our very survival to those who have historically oppressed us. This calls into question the motives and judgement of many of our revered leaders both living and ascended. Fact is we have been betrayed by many of those we would call leaders to lead us in a direction self-reliance and global competitiveness. In short for sometime now we have been going in the wrong direction.

It must be acknowledged that many brothers and sisters will not see the reality of this. Many are flat out opposed to this notion and won't even consider it. The fact is if a detailed study is done it will reveal that as far socioeconomic prosperity, education and family values and togetherness we faired much better during the period after slavery and before the civil rights movement than from the civil rights movement until present day. The difference between these time periods is integration. In our ability to integrate into mainstream White society we have economically and intellectually abandoned our communities. We were sold on the idea that the grass was greener on the other side therefore our brightest and most talented left our community instead of being agents for improvement. What was left is essentially what we have now. We have vast communities of brothers and sisters that are not benefiting from the talents and gifts of our talented brothers and sisters. Therefore these brothers and sisters are left to continue a cycle of underachievement. These brothers and sisters are left to be controlled by our oppressors in the worse way.

Our goal needs to ultimately be to create a world for ourselves were we control our destiny as a people and become a global contender. That will not happen within the shores of this nation or any nation founded by Europeans or Arabs or anyone who does not have it's indigenous ancestry from Africa. Therefore Africa is the ultimate answer and solution for the survival of Black people. Gil Scott Heron exclaimed magnificently "The revolution will not be televised". This is true. The revolution will be in Africa. Before we get that far we must begin shedding and undo generations worth of conditioning. This begins with embracing the knowledge of who we are and who we are not, what we do and what we don't do. From there we must gather whatever useful knowledge we can despite we it comes from. It is a fact that we don't have institutions of higher education from which we can educate ourselves based upon our needs. Still this does not negate universal knowledge.

An Akan Proverb says: The ruin a nation begins in the homes of its people. Therefore this goes back to family building. As Brothers we must find a way to reconnect with our sisters. Family building is the way our people established by our ancestors. It is a tradition that is at the core of our identity. With a strong traditional family the issues our community faces will significantly decrease. As brothers and partners whether we are married, dating, have children or single everything we do needs to be support the success of the family. That means if we are entrepreneurs our businesses must be geared to promote the success of the family. If we are educators we must educate in ways that promote the success of the family. If we hold public office we must create an environment that promotes the success of the family and so on.

Partner the reason I am so insistent about the family is despite what subculture brothers belong too for the most part we all agree on the importance of family. There is no issue we are facing that is more critical. Therefore that has to be the starting place. Otherwise like many agencies and organization we will address issues without any great success.

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    Whooaaa!!!, I learned alot from you brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bowdown::bowdown::lift::lift::lift:

With all do respect, as we see those who were middle class 3 years ago, sliding into poverty due to Bush's mess, and hard pressed for a greyhound or amtrak, expense for a ticket to attend a funeral of a relation let alone the cost of a one way ticket to one of the 52 nations in Africa,

what is your opinion of the Nguzo Saba?
    Also your opinion of the social engineering techniques of the NOI that have transformed , thousands of men who were the dregs of society, and made them into not just good fathers, and loving husbands but pillars of the Black community?