Black Men : Black Brothers are Gods In the Making

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by GodofTomorrow, Jan 11, 2014.

1. GodofTomorrow

GodofTomorrow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27
    Dear brothers: we are gods in the making. No matter your spiritual or religious beliefs, please know this as fact. I know you because I know the passion that flows through my veins. You want to be better. You want to be the man you imagine without restrictions. You want to be a man she is proud of. You want to be a role model for young boys and men your own age. You want to build, create, to protect what is close to you. You want to be leaders. You want to be useful. You seek the truth. You are righteous and have a good heart. You have your head on straight and hustling is second nature.

Know that it is all these things, things you may feel make you vulnerable, that makes you a god in the making.

We are a people who have been systematically held down and told who we are for as long as we can remember. I am here to tell you: there is more to remember.

We need to remember ourselves as kings, philosophers, warriors, and lovers. We need to remember we created great cities, works of art, and mind bending concepts. We are the original people. Greatness flows through our veins only inhibited by our imagination and courage.

We need to stand together as true brothers. We need to recognize this isn't about class, gender, or sexual orientation. We need to remember that we cannot beg for scraps from a system that wants nothing to do with us. Our sisters need us as much as we want to be needed. Our sisters love us as much as we want to love them. We cannot allow whites or any other race dictate to us how to live our lives or how to treat one another.

A new system is in order. A new way of thinking about our station as blacks. Yes, there are many things wrong. But look how much we *can* do! There is nothing stopping us from having open and honest discussions about what it means to be a black man. There is nothing stopping us from examining sexism as a primary weapon of a white patriarchy. There is all the opportunity in the world to create an honor code we as black men can be proud to call our own.

We can decide and we can do.

Your input is most welcome. Thank you.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
  3. GodofTomorrow

Ratings:
    +27
    I hope that's not supposed to be the end of discussion. Is there any where to download that book?

Do you find any other spiritual beliefs important besides that? And, if you follow that book, is your belief strict (as in not lending from other spiritualities?)

4. GodofTomorrow

Ratings:
    +27
    Alright, I'll post some more ideas in here. I know we need this and I think it is important to view all of this outside of any strict cultural norms.

I know that we need to look at our history (black/African modern/ancient) and look at ourselves, then decide who and what we want to be. I know it is important for us to decide this without allowing anyone/thing/idea subjugate our sovereignty as spiritual beings. I know it is important for us to create our own codes of honor to live by and to check one another as equals when we see ourselves acting foolish. I know it is important for us to feel "Children tear one another down, Adults empower each other".

The other day (a few months ago) I was having a conversation with a brother my age. He informed me that it was perfectly acceptable for him to sleep with as many women as he wanted to, even if he was in a relationship. He then went on to explain that it is not alright for women to choose their sexual partners (wisely, I'm thinking), whether many or few.

To see a brother -- a black man -- tell me that his woman is automatically inferior to him because he happens to have a penis is deplorable an unacceptable behavior. To see him upholding norms which damage his relationship as well as his lady's with one another or future partners is a shame. To see him buying into the crap that he's been fed about himself and women is, however, ultimately unsurprising.

I think a serious discussion and analyzing of these stereotypes need to be had on a regular basis among brothers and sisters. In my heart I do not feel that black men and women really have the same "sexist" problems everyone else has. I believe sexism was something given to us in the same way colorism was. The same way Jesus was.

Thoughts?

5. Ictoan Itkfae

Ictoan Itkfae Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +36
    Peace Bro. GodofTomorrow,

I am a Black man who is actually not some of the things that you say here. I love you and respect you but I just wanted to say that I'm not some of the things that you claim here in the above paragraph. I am destitute, without a wife or girlfriend, and more but I'm actually pretty satisfied; I didn't read all of your post, just the first paragraph so you may have said more than just the ideas presented in the first paragraph...but I'm pretty alright with myself as a Black man.

Peace & Love,
    Bro. Ictoan

6. GodofTomorrow

Ratings:
    +27
    Good for you. Are you the things you want to be? I think you missed the point of what I said. Like everyone else here has. I don't really visit this place often anymore.

Namaste

7. Ictoan Itkfae

Ratings:
    +36
    Peace my Brother,

I actually don't have any wants to be anything. Like I said, I am destitute and there are other issues with me that others might call "bad" but I am happy and pretty satisfied.

Peace & Brotherly Love,
    Bro. Ictoan

8. GodofTomorrow

Ratings:
    +27
    If you don't have any desires to be anything more than you are that's certainly your business. Personally, I think that is rather sad, and that something may be wrong with you (mentally). If you are in a rough position and find yourself content with your lot in life, again: Good for you but again, I find that unfortunate. I also find it odd you found this thread just to assure me or yourself (and add to the discussion about *being more than you are*) that you were happy and satisfied.

Have a good day -- Oh wait, I'm sure you're having a good day already.

Namaste

9. Ictoan Itkfae

Ratings:
    +36
    :)Lol, yeah I am having a pretty good day. I might be blessed by God with joy or happiness might be in my DNA. I don't know. Psychiatrists might say that some people are more predisposed to be happy and that others are predisposed to be unhappy. I think they say that depression is a brain problem based on body chemistry and not circumstance. I might be the opposite, just have body chemistry that makes me happy. Or again there might be a God Who (or That) makes me happy.

Well (lol) I wasn't trying to assure anyone, just trying to let you know about a Black man.

Peace & Love,
    Bro. Ictoan

10. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    I am modern man, I believe in the equality and rights of the sexes, that equality is not based on an asinine archaic standard of strength, but of being... if you do the work, you are paid for it.

I am a throwback... I am a man before the metrosexual movement and women telling you what a man is,

I am ancient... I am from the time where a man takes care of all which he holds dear, that he ensures the livability of his clan

I am an archaic warrior... I am from a time where men arm themselves with weapons and knowledge and tactics, and ready to destroy all those who encroach on anything he holds dear

I am an antique... I am worth more than what is believed to be simply old