Black Men : What Do We Ask Or Expect Of Our Young Black Brothers?

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by chuck, Feb 18, 2013.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    What Do Their Rites Of Passage Truly Reflect?

'Acting out' aka mere social rebellion, some becoming a part of the problem by default or them too emulating the young political activists examples of the distant or present, i. e., who don't see 'the hood' and/or its residents as it is, instead what they could make them safe places/spaces/etc. for them to live in/raise their own families in the midst of?

Personally it was the examples of the Oakland Panthers not the Bloods and Crips I was and I am inspired by...

On a real serious note, considering the violence which plagues more than the Windy City, I believe all of our takes need to be updated...

FYI...

2. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
  3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    This is an opportunity to speak up and out, as regards what kept you on the straight and narrow path, and/or returned you to it, if you once strayed...

You are some of the role models:

Do run down the real, and clue me to it, as well...

Thanks in advance...

FYI...

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    at the most base level ... i only ask that they stay alive and out of prison

:heart:

Destee

5. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

6. asmith161718

asmith161718 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +158
    The best advice I can give them is to keep their feet moving. we are the strongest men on Earth. nothing can stop us but ourselves.

7. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    I live in the Caribbean but I believe that what I would like to see inculcated within the blacks in the USA has a bearing on black men here too.

• I would like our black men to have a greater respect for our women
    • A serious interest in education
    • Remove the thug and bad boy image from their minds
    • Have a zero tolerance for drugs
    • See the seriousness of the role of the black father
    • Have the determination and drive to succeed despite the fact that racism and discrimination are obstacles
    • Not sacrifice the permanent on the altar of the immediate

8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,127
    To quit associating manhood with a gun

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I will just add:

A love of Self and greater respect for each other.

10. NyneElementz

NyneElementz Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +356
    I won't say what I expect because we are all human and unique beings who didn't have any hand in our own creation, but since this is a chance to speak out about what helped me, I'll share that.

1 - develop a relationship with your creator, your parents and your elders based on outright respect.

2 - learn that any television, radio, video or news message that does not improve your sense of family, friendship, business, or community with the overtone and undertone of brotherly love and unity is harmful to your mind and spirit and should be immediately rejected.

3 - before you love anyone else on any level, you must learn to love and respect yourself, so that you have love to intelligently give to others.

4 - go after success and take a few along with you - mainly stop being afraid to teach someone what you know just because you're acquiring the knowledge at a price on your way up and they cannot pay the same price you can. The more important thing is to empower others with you, and the best help you can get is the help you mentor or train.

5 - either live it and teach it, or shut it. Platitudes are easy to talk about, but usually it's just a judgment of someone who does not mimick you.

Example: If you want to see more respect, give more respect. Eventually, those who see you often will give you back more than you give. Besides, someone's gotta model it so others will know what respectability looks like.

6 - be responsible, accountable, and humble at all times. We all mess up, but let's admit it, correct it, and move on. I can respect an honest man over a prideful man any day.

7 - speak, act, and carry yourself with pride, dignity, love, respect, honor, and trustworthiness so much that no one would think to oppose you in obtaining what you want in life without great effort. Become that powerful in character.