Black Spirituality Religion : Black Man...did you tell a 乃lack ❤oman she's 乃eautiful today?

Bro. Clyde Coger, I'm satisfied enough just to know that some men are insulted for whatever the reason might be. I don't feel the need to point to any specific examples in this case.

My only reason for raising the issue is that I didn't view the thread being demeaning to Black men while uplifting Black women.

I do appreciate your opinion here though because it helps me to see more clearly the division among the brothers in this discussion and the impact that you believe this thread has on Black men and Black women as a whole.

Personally, I viewed this as a "call to arms", so to speak, among the brothers to acknowledge some possible shortcomings and contributions they might be making to the less than perfect stature of Black women. But I must be an oddball, because still that didn't and doesn't drive a wedge between me (as a Black woman) and how I view Black men, in general. This doesn't take away from those of you who view yourselves as Black men worthy of praise and respect. imho

I saw this as an opportunity for Black men to bond and not to divide. But maybe I'm quirky in how I think sometimes and apparently I was wrong to think this way.

There's no further need for me to continue this vein of discussion. I'll withdraw to observe and learn and, hopefully, see a more positive conclusion.

For once, I'd like to witness a thread that ends in a united front.

Is it possible here?

Queenie :heart:

Sure NNQueen, anything is possible, in terms of a Thread ending in a united front. Its happened here before. Speaking briefly to the call to arms, many brothers have participated in his Threads, and nearly all have had some serious form of disagreement. But without a willingness all around, a truce hasn't been possible, so far. If anything is possible, everything is negotiable. And perhaps a Queen such as yourself can mend the current gap that exists between the parties referenced. However, a referee of sorts would be required, and presently, the only vehicle we have to suit that need would be the potential Destee Community Justice Council that appears to be flopping, due to a failure of its initiator to step forward.

Meanwhile, I remain hopeful and optimistic and realize we are just one step away from greatness ...

Building Bridges . . .

Maybe some rules of engagement can be agreed upon in order to create open and constructive dialogue.

I will suggest the following and others who care to participate can add to the list if they care to:

• Identify the basic premise of the thread in a brief but succinct way.
  • Avoid using condescending or sarcastic tones and hurling insults, both blatant and subtle
  • No name calling
  • When appropriate, agree to disagree on an issue
  • Show each other respect and don't take comments personal
  • Seek to understand by asking questions and requesting clarification/further explanation
  • When asked questions, be respectful in providing answers to the best of your ability
I hope this helps . . .

Bro. Clyde Coger, I'm not discounting how some men here feel disrespected by Bro. Perfection. I'm of the opinion that perceiving is believing. In general, though, I don't see where he is claiming that Black men aren't important.

I went back to his original thread, The Perfection of Black Women and extracted this comment from his opening statement:

To begin to see Black Women as Perfect beings is to know that Perfection contains many permutations or, shall we say, aspects. My research demonstrates that Black Women are the full constitution of all things which are beautiful, intelligent and sophisticated. What some of us may think we see as "negative" here in the West is a modern construct, smoke and mirrors, you might say, to keep people in general, and Black Women in particular from recognizing her awesome powers.

Does this take away from us as black men? Of course it doesn't. This is not about emotionalism but objective data. Black men are still great. We are still powerful. We are still strong warriors. But we must no longer avoid questioning how and what type of information was admitted into the stream of awareness.

Perfection's theme is uplifting Black women to, what he believes, is our rightful place and, introducing his provocative opinion about the role that Black men play in helping or hindering this from becoming a reality as opposed to a notion without substance.

I believe the parts that I have highlighted carry over into this thread as well. At least I view the two threads to be directly connected and a continuation of his dissertation. So I don't see why he would take the position that Black men, in general, are great in one thread and not great in another. I don't see the contradiction.

Good Morning beautiful Queenie...you know when certain people are possessive of what you have it's nothing one can say to persuade them against their envious desires to attack those they wish they were. That's just a general impediment in a number of human kind. Then there is the inconsistent factor which demonstrates contradictions found in others. For instance, please take a moment and put in Destee's search engine the words "dirtbag broad" and go to the thread entitled:

This woman is an ungrateful hot mess LOL

Here's the link:

http://www.destee.com/index.php?thr...rateful-hot-mess-lol.69145/page-2#post-780769

May I direct your attention to the second page, post #7.

What we have here is a phenomenon which characterizes the clique. Unfortunately, some who are aged fall in this category. There are many black men who feel this way. That is, in their minds, the unusual way that they think, they are under the odd delusion that they can claim they love Black Women while comparing her to dirt. And while there are many uses for dirt, in this instance, we may infer how it's being used which is we spit on it, we urinate on it...we step on it. We see dirt as one of the ultimate put downs and wish to correlate those we compare with it as useless. "You're not worth the dirt on my shoes." Or, "You're lower than dirt."

These are not my words. You see them for yourself and I'm just commenting on them. You see, black men like this always leave a trail behind which betrays how they pretend to be. These are the type of men who do not like Black Women and they show it in this blatant way which we all witness here or they can be aged and try and ride off their age or position and attempt to hide their true feelings against Black Women by attacking---constantly--those good black men who seek to uplift our Queens.

Now think about this beautiful Queenie. If you and I were together, in an intimate relationship, and I told you on Monday that I loved you and then on Tuesday I told you that you were a "dirtbag broad" and then on Wednesday I told you that black men who adore Black Women are losers and weak and then on Thursday I told you I didn't care about other black men calling Black Women "bchs" and then on Friday I told you that some Black Women deserve to be beaten half to death and then on Saturday I told you that "Black Women ain't sh.." and then on Sunday I said to you that I believe women were born evil...then on Monday I start all this over again with you.

My question to you Queen is will you tell your daughter to try and look for somebody like me to love and have a family with?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back