Black Spirituality Religion : Black Man...did you tell a 乃lack ❤oman she's 乃eautiful today?

Bro. Clyde Coger, I'm not discounting how some men here feel disrespected by Bro. Perfection. I'm of the opinion that perceiving is believing. In general, though, I don't see where he is claiming that Black men aren't important.

I went back to his original thread, The Perfection of Black Women and extracted this comment from his opening statement:

To begin to see Black Women as Perfect beings is to know that Perfection contains many permutations or, shall we say, aspects. My research demonstrates that Black Women are the full constitution of all things which are beautiful, intelligent and sophisticated. What some of us may think we see as "negative" here in the West is a modern construct, smoke and mirrors, you might say, to keep people in general, and Black Women in particular from recognizing her awesome powers.

Does this take away from us as black men? Of course it doesn't. This is not about emotionalism but objective data. Black men are still great. We are still powerful. We are still strong warriors. But we must no longer avoid questioning how and what type of information was admitted into the stream of awareness.

Perfection's theme is uplifting Black women to, what he believes, is our rightful place and, introducing his provocative opinion about the role that Black men play in helping or hindering this from becoming a reality as opposed to a notion without substance.

I believe the parts that I have highlighted carry over into this thread as well. At least I view the two threads to be directly connected and a continuation of his dissertation. So I don't see why he would take the position that Black men, in general, are great in one thread and not great in another. I don't see the contradiction.

Let's get back to your original question, which was this:

What I don't understand is why some members are taking what Bro. Perfection is saying, personal? Why do some men feel insulted?

Probably, I should have asked you for some examples demonstrating men feeling insulted and taking personal the actions of this brother. And from there, a different and more precise response could have been given. Its not too late for you to provide those examples NNQueen, if you wish.

But in an attempt to help your understanding, I broad brushed some personal dialog between the brother and myself and others. And what I explained can be supported in writing, the same as you've presented an excerpt from the original post. I would hate to have to put that much energy into something that's clear and not discounted, even by you ... most of the brothers here disagree with the manner in which this brother circumvents brother Kings while lifting up our Queens.

Borrowing from what follows the highlight of your copy and paste, is a significant piece that explains the hardship, here it is:

But we must no longer avoid questioning how and what type of information was admitted into the stream of awareness.

So far, only this brother is able to extract and bring forward the information needed from the stream of awareness. Also, when brothers have attempted to join forces with him, no form of rapport has been possible; unless all of what he teaches is accepted hook line and sinker. The point I'm attempting to make clear is that in his mind, he is only the brother, on the site, capable of properly lifting our Sister Queens, which is problematic for brothers that have spent their lives loving our Sisters, researching our plight, etc...

Now, is this insulting, no it really isn't, its blocking any form of unity that may exist between this brother and the brothers, its putting a monkey wrench between the unity of brothers and sisters on this site. In fact, this exchange between us, at this very moment, attests to the things bro. james continues to complain about, as well as what I've outlined. If this was a good thing, it would be working for the betterment of all. Instead, we are being fractionalized by it, daily.

Peace In,

Let's get back to your original question, which was this:

What I don't understand is why some members are taking what Bro. Perfection is saying, personal? Why do some men feel insulted?

Probably, I should have asked you for some examples demonstrating men feeling insulted and taking personal the actions of this brother. And from there, a different and more precise response could have been given. Its not too late for you to provide those examples NNQueen, if you wish.

But in an attempt to help your understanding, I broad brushed some personal dialog between the brother and myself and others. And what I explained can be supported in writing, the same as you've presented an excerpt from the original post. I would hate to have to put that much energy into something that's clear and not discounted, even by you ... most of the brothers here disagree with the manner in which this brother circumvents brother Kings while lifting up our Queens.

Borrowing from what follows the highlight of your copy and paste, is a significant piece that explains the hardship, here it is:

But we must no longer avoid questioning how and what type of information was admitted into the stream of awareness.

So far, only this brother is able to extract and bring forward the information needed from the stream of awareness. Also, when brothers have attempted to join forces with him, no form of rapport has been possible; unless all of what he teaches is accepted hook line and sinker. The point I'm attempting to make clear is that in his mind, he is only the brother, on the site, capable of properly lifting our Sister Queens, which is problematic for brothers that have spent their lives loving our Sisters, researching our plight, etc...

Now, is this insulting, no it really isn't, its blocking any form of unity that may exist between this brother and the brothers, its putting a monkey wrench between the unity of brothers and sisters on this site. In fact, this exchange between us, at this very moment, attests to the things bro. james continues to complain about, as well as what I've outlined. If this was a good thing, it would be working for the betterment of all. Instead, we are being fractionalized by it, daily.

Peace In,
I love when we come together. Irresistable!

Bro. Clyde Coger, I'm satisfied enough just to know that some men are insulted for whatever the reason might be. I don't feel the need to point to any specific examples in this case.

My only reason for raising the issue is that I didn't view the thread being demeaning to Black men while uplifting Black women.

Now, is this insulting, no it really isn't, its blocking any form of unity that may exist between this brother and the brothers, its putting a money wrench between the unity of brothers and sisters on this site. In fact, this exchange between us, at this very moment, attests to the things bro. james continues to complain about, as well as what I've outlined. If this was a good thing, it would be working for the betterment of all. Instead, we are being fractionalized by it, daily.

I do appreciate your opinion here though because it helps me to see more clearly the division among the brothers in this discussion and the impact that you believe this thread has on Black men and Black women as a whole.

Personally, I viewed this as a "call to arms", so to speak, among the brothers to acknowledge some possible shortcomings and contributions they might be making to the less than perfect stature of Black women. But I must be an oddball, because still that didn't and doesn't drive a wedge between me (as a Black woman) and how I view Black men, in general. This doesn't take away from those of you who view yourselves as Black men worthy of praise and respect. imho

I saw this as an opportunity for Black men to bond and not to divide. But maybe I'm quirky in how I think sometimes and apparently I was wrong to think this way.

There's no further need for me to continue this vein of discussion. I'll withdraw to observe and learn and, hopefully, see a more positive conclusion.

For once, I'd like to witness a thread that ends in a united front.

Is it possible here?

Queenie :heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back