Black People : Are we ignoring our most pressing issues? If so, Why?

Are we on a path to solve our most pressing issues within a reasonable amount of time?

• Yes, we are.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Our most pressing issues are not those listed in the OP, they are merely symptoms.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would definitely support and work towards such an effort. I would suggest including the Magic Johnson and Tiger Woods as well. Magic is perhaps the leading black businessman on the west coast and don't forget Kevin Johnson.

The one thing that concerns me is the lack of financial support that black non profits receive from the black community so black philanthropic organizations would need to be included to target specific organizations and programs which need support. I had a friend who used to work for Tyra Banks' foundation (tzone) and was disappointed when it was shut down. We need more programs like that.

You can email me at aol.com using this same screen name when you are ready and we can work on developing this from an idea into an institutional framework. My job consumes a lot of my time but i work for a program which has the type of board members and supporters rooted in the political leadership and entertainment industry locally here in Los Angeles and our program is expanding to an online program. It is taking longer than anticipated because revenue has declined and our costs have increased. If you email me with your contact info I can mail you some program material specifically our scholarship gala book so you can get a better idea what we are about.

I would definitely support and work towards such an effort. I would suggest including the Magic Johnson and Tiger Woods as well. Magic is perhaps the leading black businessman on the west coast and don't forget Kevin Johnson.

The one thing that concerns me is the lack of financial support that black non profits receive from the black community so black philanthropic organizations would need to be included to target specific organizations and programs which need support. I had a friend who used to work for Tyra Banks' foundation (tzone) and was disappointed when it was shut down. We need more programs like that.
We would need to contact one of the influential people and tell them of the viral effect that we are trying to bring about and the overall objectives. They would have contacts with other influential people then build the network from there. The important thing in the early stages of building is that we clearly articulate the goals of the campaign so that potential participants understand that this is an opportunity for them to be a part of something that will have generational effects and the only real opportuntiy for us, as a people to effect changes at the cultural level that will reverse those specific pressing issues. Once we get our foot in the door with one of them, we can build a network/coalition of other influential people through people that they know and then people that those people know. All potential participants must be made to see the "big picture" the "vision", if you will.
We could start trying to get our foot in the door with someone like your friend who knows Tyra Banks and spead viral from there. The first step would be to build a mission statement so that the message that we present to potential participants is clear and uniform.

You can email me at aol.com using this same screen name when you are ready and we can work on developing this from an idea into an institutional framework. My job consumes a lot of my time but i work for a program which has the type of board members and supporters rooted in the political leadership and entertainment industry locally here in Los Angeles and our program is expanding to an online program. It is taking longer than anticipated because revenue has declined and our costs have increased. If you email me with your contact info I can mail you some program material specifically our scholarship gala book so you can get a better idea what we are about.
Done. You should have the email already.

Speak for yourself. There are private and non profits that can and do provide these same services. The problem is our over dependence and reliance on the government sector. My point was I cannot predict because I can't accurately measure how much black people are fed up with the system.
uhm brother let spit out the bubble gum OK we know exactly how many folks are now in poverty and will be hurt when the so and so forth hits the fan and lets be clear we have been doing that this little group here and this little group there stuff since reconstruction and guess what, it aint working! A real national united effort is needed;

We have been told that by Marcus Garvey,
Leon Hansberry ,
Carlos Cooks,
Elijah Muhammed,
Malcolm X,
Ron Karenga,
Dr Claude Anderson,
Dr Clarke,
Dr Jawanzaa Kunjufu
Herman Furgeson
Dr Joy Degruy
and Dr Amos Wilson

doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity

We would need to contact one of the influential people and tell them of the viral effect that we are trying to bring about and the overall objectives. They would have contacts with other influential people then build the network from there. The important thing in the early stages of building is that we clearly articulate the goals of the campaign so that potential participants understand that this is an opportunity for them to be a part of something that will have generational effects and the only real opportuntiy for us, as a people to effect changes at the cultural level that will reverse those specific pressing issues. Once we get our foot in the door with one of them, we can build a network/coalition of other influential people through people that they know and then people that those people know. All potential participants must be made to see the "big picture" the "vision", if you will.
We could start trying to get our foot in the door with someone like your friend who knows Tyra Banks and spead viral from there. The first step would be to build a mission statement so that the message that we present to potential participants is clear and uniform.
We did the pyramid schemes in the 80s from coast to coast, via word of mouth with no internet to be bugged or snooped, now if we can do that for personal gain why cant we do this for collective gain therfore we can and should do this the same way

each five reach five!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back